• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Chapters

Kitsuziza

Reaction score
Steam
Illiad
Valentine Peacock
So I have a question. How many chapters is the Skullgirls story suppose to take to be told. Allow me to explain a bit

Alex has said with the inclusion of Squigly, Umbrella, Marie and Maybe Black Dahlia Lab zero would have enough characters to make a cannon story but from the size of the character roster not the whole story. I always assumed these chracters were needed for Marie's story specifically or maybe Filia cause shes main characterish. But if we need these characters for the first step of the story then when characters were needed for the second and what would the story entail.

personally I've always thought the SG story was suppose to be told in three parts with three different end bosses (since fighting games typically revolve around the end boss story wise).

Chapter one (Marie)
it's fairly obvious that chapter one would conclude Marie's story in one form or the other. But there have been many hints that even with Marie gone the true antagonist is still at large.

Chapter two (Eliza)
I believe Eliza was suppose to be the second boss because shes a villain and because she knows an awful lot about Samson and Leviathan and because I can't see anyone else in the cast fitting the role.

Chapter three (Venus and Aeon)
I think the idea of Venus and Aeon being the final boss is obvious I only wonder if there is someone more powerful then them in the SG world.

If Skullgirls had gone on uninterrupted as planned what characters would have been necessary for the second and third part of the story? any thoughts?

Reactions: LKArtillery
I'll go on and say it.

Annie of the Stars. Annie of the Stars is necessary to show herself as the main heroine of the series. She's one of the most powerful forces in the SG world, she's almost as old as that hag Eliza, she probably knows a great deal about a lot of what's going on throughout the world... She MUST be important.

for once DDB is right about Annie, because she is a parasite user, and an important one she might have something going on with Eliza

Reactions: LKArtillery and DDB
Well, to start, I don't think Skullgirls's plotline is going to be "typical fighting game fare." For one, it's actually going to be good. I expect something longer, something far more complex, something of the approximate scope and scale of Subspace Emissary (SSBB).

Anyway, who would we need...? Ironically, none of the people we (Well, you—I wasn't there) voted for. I assume Black Dahlia would be a sub-boss of the first chapter (I mean, come on, she's pretty important—she killed two of the other characters), and I don't think Marie is going to go down quite so fast, or at least once she goes down, there'll be a big chase for the McGuffin. Interaction with the Skull Heart has to be important—else, we wouldn't need playable Umbrella.

Basically what DDB said about Annie. While I don't want her to come in sword a-shinin' and make everyone else look incompetent, it seems so obvious we can't tell the story of a game called Skullgirls without including the Skullgirl-Slayer herself. Also, Isaac immediately strikes me as important. If Aeon doesn't betray the Trinity like I suspect she may, he's undoubtedly the key to defeating her. Scythana may be important by proxy as well.

I'm also led to believe Minette may be a Chekov's Gunman, but that's only a suspicion.

I can't promise how incompetent everyone will look in front of Annie.