• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Is A Garden

Deer

ojEmily
Reaction score
Steam
steamcommunity.com/id/demodeer
PSN
CestDeer
Fukua Double Cerebella
Hello!

My Name Is Deer! You Probably Know Me From My Constant Appearances On The Television Show “Lizzie McGuire!” If You Are Not Familiar With Me Here Is A Picture (You Will Probably Recognize Me Instantly)
Wendy%27s_Shorthand_Logo.png
! This Is My Training Diary In Which I Will Document My Journey To Become A Skull! I Intend On Having The Majority Of This Diary Take Place In Video Format (The Digital Realm) Where I Will Talk Over Recorded Sets That I Have Played In The Past! I'll Be Talking About What My Thought Process Was During The Match, Glaring Mistakes I Can Catch Along With Potential Solutions, And Anything Else Related To Critiquing My Own Play And Improving! In Addition To The Videos I Will Be Making Similar Posts, Some Will Be Sort Of Updates, But Others Will Be More Similar To The Videos! There Are Many Things That I Do Not Know, So Any Kind People Are Welcome To Chime In And Help Me Out(This Will Really Help Me Turn Into A Skull)!

In Order To Get Started I Think It Is Important That I Lay Out What I Would Like To Focus On, What I Feel Relatively Confident Doing And Of Course What I Find Most Important To Start With. It Is Also Probably Important For You To Know What Characters I Play! My Team Is Fukua/Double/Bella! I Have Played Double For The Longest And Bella For The Shortest Amount Of Time. In Neutral I Am Most Comfortable With Fukua And Extremely Frightened When My Bella Is On The Screen!

~ Things I Am Confident That I Can Do! ~​

*Do Basic Combos
*Do Basic Resets On All Of My Character
*Do Some Prettier Resets On Fukua And Double
*Neglect Bella
*I Can Do Burst Baits But No One Pushes Buttons When They Are Not Supposed To So Those Are Useless
*Adjust To My Opponent After Around 30 Matches
*Make Bad Assist Calls
*Cry
*Play in Quick Match
*Launch Skullgirls
*My Friend Taught Me How To Smoke Cigarettes (This Is Bad For You! Do Not Do This!)

~ Things I Would Like To Work On! ~​

*There Is A Character On My Team Called That I Do Not Know How To Play (I Think It Is Bella)
*Deal With Corner Pressure More Effectively (I Currently Scream But I Find That It Does Not Prevent Me From Getting Hit)
*Not Relying On Bomber
*Make More Conscious Assist Calls
*Not Backing Myself Into The Corner When Trying To Keep People Away In Neutral
*Use More Of The Tools/Resets I Have (I Can Got A Full 30 Game Set Without Doing Some Stuff I Practice)
*Work On Being Unpredictable (This Will Probably Just Come With Time)
*Auto-Pilot Less (This Is Related To The Previous Bullet)
*Comfortably Approach Certain Matchups In Neutral (Fukua v. Painwheel, Fukua v. Val, Anyone v. Beo, Anyone v. Eliza)
*Adjusting To What My Opponent Is Doing Earlier On In The Match (Currently I Can Notice A Pattern But Not Make Changes In What I'm Doing To Deal With It, Or I Only Start To Work On Adapting What I'm Doing After I Am Figured Out Super Late In A Set)

In Addition To These Two Lists I Have Created I Think It Is Important For Me To Construct A Third List! This One Will Be Specifically For Bella Things That I Feel I Need To Work On! This Is Primarily Because There Are Oodles Of Things I Can't Do On Bella That Are Pretty Glaringly Obvious!

~ Bella Things! ~​

*Combos After Kancho
*Combos After MGR
*More/Cooler Resets (I Want To Do Resets My Mom Would Be Proud Of)
*Neutral (A Lot Of This Will Probably Come With Time, But I Feel Like I Need Someone To Yell At Me While I Neutral So I Can Understand Things)
*Incoming Setups (I Know Like 3)
*Character Specific Combos (Big Band/Double)
*Setups With Assists

These Are The First Few Things That Come To Mind When I Think Of Bella, And These Are The Ones I Find Most Pressing! That Being Said I Probably Won't Off The Bat Jump Into Bella Boot camping! That Will Be A Slow And Relaxed Process! A Lot Of These Things, Mostly The Bella Ones, Can Be Accomplished By Me Going Into The Training Mode Of The Game(Someone Told Me About This Feature Yesterday)! A Lot Of The Things I Mentioned On My Other, More General List, Can Be Accomplished By Breaking Nasty Habits! This Is Not To Say That I Am Amazing And Independent And Don't Need Anyone's Help To Accomplish My Goals! I Plan To Give Updates On What I Am Working On And Upload Videos Somewhat Frequently To This Diary (For Now At Least)!

“Here! We Go!” Cerebella From The Game “Skull girls”

1.7.2016 im bad and will not get better
7.6.16 i wanna be good and win ^_^b

Last edited:
So these are just my observations when ever I play you (I will try to be as clear as I can be):
* You like to upback and throw fireballs with Fukua a lot which puts you in the corner early in a match
* You like to press buttons during block strings which is great for punishing but players can bait that
* You seem to use several setups but then don't capitalize off your pressure and prefer to return to neutral
* You don't really burst bait very often ( I don't know if that's just against me)
* You really don't play neutral very often and you never really go for hard reads outside of pressure making it easy to just neutral jump in on you
* You go for swag setups more often then you should :^)
* You should put double back on point cause your Fukua is not scary and you lose the flesh step french twist setup with your current team

This is just my opinion I tried to not be a dick but I probably was. All hail the Swedish fish

So these are just my observations when ever I play you (I will try to be as clear as I can be):
* You like to upback and throw fireballs with Fukua a lot which puts you in the corner early in a match
* You like to press buttons during block strings which is great for punishing but players can bait that
* You seem to use several setups but then don't capitalize off your pressure and prefer to return to neutral
* You don't really burst bait very often ( I don't know if that's just against me)
* You really don't play neutral very often and you never really go for hard reads outside of pressure making it easy to just neutral jump in on you
* You go for swag setups more often then you should :^)
* You should put double back on point cause your Fukua is not scary and you lose the flesh step french twist setup with your current team

This is just my opinion I tried to not be a dick but I probably was. All hail the Swedish fish
Neato,

I don't intend on switching double back onto point since I feel a lot more comfy with Fukua in neutral, and I like having cat heads to DHC into. Also if the reason for switching back is solely the flesh step setup it doesn't seem super worth it to change my order up.

Reactions: gllt
Do not put Double on point, thank. Deer if you want I can look over the matches we played Friday cause theyre on my computer. At the time I was spending all my mental energy thinking about what I was doing wrong (mostly as Robo cause she died immediately almost every game) so I didnt notice as much what you were doing wrong.

Play what you find most comfortable, unless some other order is so SICKENINGLY GOOD that you'd be dumb to use otherwise.
Double works literally in any slot and no one should feel bad about where she's at on a team, she's just really good MID as you have access to catheads from the start of the round, and really good ANCHOR because she has her level 5 I mean come on, have you seen that thing, damn.

But as a point she's still a great character, yeah, and the ability to move on the screen with car expands the use/safety of some DHCs. I'd rather zoop to fullscreen and toss Fukua fireball super than right in someone's face.

So if you prefer her not-on-point because is more comfortable, hell yea, but it doesn't have to be because 'lol point double suxx' even if it's a teensy bit worse than having her at any other order. (Example where point Double is preferred IMO, I think point double/mid squigly will always be the best order for those two on most teams together because car into SBO is monopoly levels of freedom.)

Then again I still swear by mid val on duos and anchor val on some teams so lol muh opinions

also we'll play sometime soon I fuckin swear I'm just a flake B]

Do not put Double on point, thank. Deer if you want I can look over the matches we played Friday cause theyre on my computer. At the time I was spending all my mental energy thinking about what I was doing wrong (mostly as Robo cause she died immediately almost every game) so I didnt notice as much what you were doing wrong.
Oh if you can look at the matches that would be dope. I think I dropped 98% of what I did Friday woo woo.

I also did the thing peanuts did in our matches where I was really focused on not losing horribly so I wasn't watching you as much, but like I mentioned to you I think your fukua is DEFINITELY your best character by far, most of the work your bella did was due to me being completely unable to finish my double combo but fukua won neutral vs me pretty much all the time, and I didn't have that trouble when you were running double point. I don't think that double point is bad at all, pet uses it to great effect, but I was definitely more scared of your fukua point.

other than that, with your double you either went for same-side resets a LOT or just dropped your combos but either way I don't remember getting too "vortex'd" by your double and I was pretty confident that I could block the double reset if you got a hit, so maybe switch up your resets a bit? or maybe I just don't remember shit who knows (I guess that's a reason to play beta in the future cause we get replays)

bella it seemed like you would kind of go for a reset and then do nothing, I don't know if you were baiting a mash or what but definitely commit to your resets and be confident in them. I don't really know if I saw much bella neutral cause like I said it seemed like most of your hits with bella were off my dropped combos. It seems like you know what you want to work on with bella already though. Maybe when you have the video I'll be able to say more stuff but I probably won't notice anything that you don't.

k I watched the matches here's a few things I noticed

You raw tag a lot when you want to get Fukua out. Sometimes I'm not even expecting them but I either react in time or my setup was tag safe and either way you lose all your undizzy and get hit with a whole lot more stuff. If you want to get Fukua out, you have a really good option with your team with H Drill xx Fireball super DHC cat heads. You should do that more often.

Be careful with your assist calls. Fukua c.MK is not the sort of assist you call at neutral to see what happens, especially when you risked so much to get her out in the first place (see above). I would call that during blockstrings and setups and that's it. Use Hornet Bomber or LnL as neutral assists. Even with those, though, be mindful of the red health those characters have.

Some of your reset series seem questionable. I sort of agree with Pickles where I'm just not scared when I'm getting hit cause I'm pretty sure eventually I'll get out. There was a point in game 5 where you landed 4 resets with Bella in a row. Then on the 5th one I upbacked a throw, did Peacock j.LK while I was falling, did one 3 bar combo and killed Bella. You probably could have killed Peacock there if you just did like A B C cerecopter dynamo DHC drill of my dreams. Spend the meter to kill, don't get greedy!

You seem really unsure what to do against Peacock as Double. A lot of the time I noticed you walking backwards against Peacock from full screen which I don't think is ever correct unless she has a level 3 item charged (which I didn't). Pay attention to which projectiles are on cooldown, that's your cue to know when to jump. Use all your tools, L gun/Flesh Step/Cilia Slide/Car. Set up the dummy to do Peacock projectile rotations in training mode and learn when you can use these tools; a lot of the time you try but you get counter hit out of L Gun/Car gets blocked and punished/etc.

You got hit by Beat Extend assist a LOT. You can't just jump in with buttons against people with this assist, you're asking for trouble. You need to bait it out first THEN go in. A lot of the times you got hit with it were in situations where it was obvious I would call it, like right after you called your own assist. If you call your assist and it doesn't hit you need to expect that Beat Extend is coming. Do not engage, back off and be ready to snipe the assist with a fireball or something.

Work on reflects with Bella. Again practice this in training mode against a Peacock doing projectile rotations. When you get the reflect practice converting off it. You need to make me scared to go ham with fireballs.

The best way to learn how to beat Peacock is to play peacock and learn her patterns. I spent 2 hours learning them all and it made a huge difference in how I approach the character. I would suggest you do that

snip
Cool, thanks a bunch. I'll be sure to work on the stuff you mentioned. Double v Peacock is something I want to work on especially.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
So here's the first of a few videos I have. The next one is going to be one from a set I did with pet where I lose the majority so I have a lot more stuff to talk about. That might be up tomorrow, I probably don't want to record it today since it will probably be pretty long. If anyone actually watches this whole entire boring video let me know if there's some weird audio issue anywhere (aside from hearing my computer's fans in the background). Also sorry for the lack of any in-game sound, that probably makes the video that much more boring.

Here's some general notes about the set/stuff I didn't say/Stuff you can read if you don't wanna watch the video:

-I think that there's not much intention when I'm defending. This is something I mentioned briefly, but I think it's worth repeating. A lot of what happens when I'm getting hit is I'll say "Well the next reset will be low so it's time to downback" When I could be looked out for a particular reset coming my way a bit more actively. Seeing the same set of moves that leads to a low should act as a tip that the low might be coming again, but I usually just commit to blocking a certain way. When I'm in the air I'll go for airthrow techs when I feel they should be coming, but I can pay attention to patterns that happen when I'm getting hit a lot more, instead of just habits or patterns people get into in neutral.

-I didn't really have to work much in neutral in this set since downbacking and calling double is what I got most of my conversions off of. This is something that I think happens a lot since I play quick matches 24/7 and get away with it, so when I'm playing against people where it doesn't work out I'm a bit more out of my element. Similar to the last bullet there isn't that much intention behind my assist calls when I'm calling bomber. I just kind of throw double out and see what happens a lot. This happens in the corner as well which ends with me getting snapped sometimes, so I can think a lot more when throwing out my assist.

-And to bring together the last two points there's a lot of auto-piloting going on in this set. Besides when I'm doing resets I just kind of jump around and throw stuff out until I get a hit, then I start thinking with intention, so that's something I should work on. This is probably something that will come up in the next video I plan to put up, but I'll mention it here as well. I'll dig into this more in the near future.

-My Bella neutral is super bad but we all already knew this. ^^

-Just to expand on my Bella neutral, I think I'm dead set on getting close enough to land a c.lk, but I don't really know what to do to get in that range, and all I do is throw out air normals and call an assists. So I think I can specifically work on having some sort of a ground game, and pushing my opponent towards a corner and not being weird.

-I can do more clever resets with Double for sure. This is something Pickles kind of mentioned already. I think there's a good bit of stuff on Double that I know how to do that I never actually end of doing in sets, that's something I should work on.

-There's some other stuff I can mention about mistakes I made in neutral, but I feel like it's all kind of related to me auto-piloting. Like throwing out shadows when I shouldn't or certain normals at risky ranges just because I'm in the habit of throwing them out willy nilly.

thanks for putting this up actually, there was a lot of stuff you pointed out like "this could have gone badly" or "this was actually a mistake" that was stuff I hadn't even noticed during the set, so just like pointing out things I could have capitalized on better too was really helpful for me even if you didn't intend this video to help me, lol. Just interesting to watch as the person on the other end. Like you said though there wasn't a lot for you to take away from this set just because you were winning most of the time, and I didn't really notice anything watching this that I would tell you to work on that I didn't tell you already, you pretty much know what to change.

Just go nuts with Double for a while, have some fun. If you feel you can.
That's how I learned to integrate other resets from lab and etc into my gameplay instead of autopiloting the same old stuff, until it just became a part of my new autopilot.

Also, sometimes, necessity. Fought a Fukua, Fukua liked jHK, did some very basic barrel loop based resets, died, rip. Changed to jHP dashunder jab, beat a lot of jHKs, won.
It's just not a reset I use a lot, but for that specific case, it was kinda the best? So it forced me to remember/use it.

I finished talking over the recording of my set with pet, but it's 48 minutes long so I'm going to wait a bit to render it out in a more compressed format and upload it cuz I want to play video games. I'm going to go ahead and put notes about the set here while they're fresh in my mind though:

-One big thing that I reiterated was that I could play a lot more patiently in neutral, especially in the Fukua v. Double matchup. Since he was on point with the guns I couldn't just wildly go forward and throw out fireballs since they would get me hit.
-On a similar note I think that trying to control the pace of the game is something I can work on. When I have a healthy Fukua and 2 assists behind me I think there is a lot more I can do in terms of using the space how I want it. At the moment I kind of just kind of either commit to defense to an extreme or sloppy offense. I can mix it up a bit and do something that would benefit me a lot more. This also related to auto piloting and just doing things with more intention I think.
-I can be a lot more patient when I'm blocking. Even though it's scary when someone is trying to hit me I can just kind of ride it and wait for a good chance to do something instead of squeezing in an assist call at the first opportunity it arises. This is something I would do a lot with Double, but because it's a habit I'm in I would call other assists the way I would call Double, hoping to be bailed out. In neutral as well I think I threw out french twist a lot when I didn't need to, and I threw Bella out from full-screen when my opponent didn't seem to have intentions of moving forward a lot.
-I did things that didn't work multiple times hoping they would work the next time. Heh
-I need a ground game with Bella and to do things other than hop around, call assists and do the same 3 air normals.

Alright so here's the pet video:

720p should be up in a sec if anyone cares. This is super duper long so I honestly don't expect anyone to watch the whole thing.

This is super duper long so I honestly don't expect anyone to watch the whole thing.

challenge accepted

as it turns out I forgot I posted that until mcpeanuts liked it but now I've actually watched it.

Stickler notes:
6:10 he hit full undizzy that's why he stopped comboing, he couldn't have killed, but I'm guessing like you said he backed off cause he was expecting a mash with you at so low hp.

7:07 I don't really think this is a HABIT of yours because I don't recall you doing this often, but obviously this was a very bad assist call, just be sure to watch your assist's hp before you call them.

9:02 wow too rude

10:16 so he hit me with that setup a lot, the trick is to remember that the bird from j.hk does not hit high, so block low the first hit, pushblock and then stand for absolute guard and he can't really do anything, if you see him pressing a button you can pbgc the filia c.mk pretty easily too. (I got hit by this setup constantly during my set with him so that's why I figured out a way out of it lol)

11:27 you burst him out of the corner and then you jump in place for like 4 seconds, even if you thought he was gonna gunshot/couch (which he did) at least jump forward + block so you aren't in the corner anymore, you just threw away a pretty free chance to get out of the corner

13:42 good tech forward, a lot of people just instinctively tech back so having that presence of mind to go forward to get out is good

13:59 you say the drop is risky but I'm pretty sure it's still safe on block and even plus at low heights so it's not a bad idea

20:49 you're saying "i dunno what I should have done" but really dhc into bff would have kept her cornered, gotten bella (who had MUCH more red health than fukua) out, and given you a combo in the corner (at least I'm pretty sure bff keeps you on the same side I don't really remember but if it doesn't even dhc into fireball would have been good)

24:22 i know you were just pressing jab but he did low as double EVERY time and I know you noticed you werent guessing but just watch what he's doing because he's doing the same thing

26:55 not to be rude but yeah you kind of go into way too much detail on things, just saying "i used my assist to bait him" is enough

28:04 he does that j.hp ADC j.lk j.hp a lot, which you could have dealt with in 2 ways. One is just dynamo his ass because even though it combos on hit it's not actually a blockstring, you have an instant where you aren't in blockstun between him doing j.hp and j.lk. The other is pbgc which you were already pushblocking and could have done. Either way that string is not safe at all so just keep that in mind. (ok i just looked again and you had no bar so maybe you really did just have to block but I feel like you could have done something there is all, I dunno if horns would have worked and I don't play bella to know other options but just FYI anyway)

34:10 seriously just pause the video and start it up again after you know you can talk and cut the video so you don't have that big gap in there I don't mean to sound rude or harsh but that's just sloppy

38:47 this isn't something you just do with bella it seems like you do this kind of enough to point it out but you'll press buttons on the ground while he's in the air and your buttons will not be anti-airs so you just get CH when he's coming down (i don't even know what you were doing just spamming jab?)

39:02 "i get hit by something else" it was c.hp and he actually uses that to anti-air a LOT so it's kind of a pet-specific thing to notice (but a lot of fukua/double, not so much filia, players use that to anti-air so watch for it)

45:40 again the whole risk vs reward thing, the excellebella was not worth there, even though him jumping was a good read because he goes for overhead to open you up a LOT, it's better to block high or just chickenblock and land cancel the j.hk if he does it, it's basically just that even on a good read the reward was maybe getting him into corner and the risk was you basically losing a character

in my notes i only address things you either didn't notice/know yourself or things I wanted to stress, you do pretty good job of noticing things, basically just 1) pay more attention to your opponents patterns, both for resets and also in neutral (that connects back to "less autopiloting", and 2) learn bella more. And 3) you don't have to go into QUITE as much detail a lot I think

34:10 seriously just pause the video and start it up again after you know you can talk and cut the video so you don't have that big gap in there I don't mean to sound rude or harsh but that's just sloppy

Thanks a bunch for all of these! A lot of things slipped past me (like you said) and were really helpful. Also at ~34 when I had to grab my phone it took me a second to realize I hadn't paused woops ^^. I just wanted to render out the video since it takes around an hour and didn't think to cut it.

edit*

Also at around 38:47 I think I wanted an excella Bella

Alright so here's the last video for a while:

This one just takes a few specific matches from a set that I wanted to look at. I say this in the video but just in case someone is reading this with no interest in watching it, this is going to be the last of the first cluster of videos. All of these sets were recorded at around the same time so there wasn't much effort put into actively working on the mistakes that I make in the videos or destroying my bad habits. I thought that having a couple of different sets with different people to look at would help me to find a good sort of benchmark to get started. So now that I have all of these up and I've made a good bit of lists I'm going to combine those into a sort of mega list. With this compiled list I'm going to make a to do list so the order of things that I want to get done will be more clear, so I won't just be saying "oh yeah I need to work on this."

So here is the super long list of stuff:
-Bella combos

-Bella neutral

-Stop autopiloting

-Pick up on what my opponent is doing

-Make better assists calls

-Do force Double to do all the work in neutral

-Get characters in/out in safer and smarter ways

-Don't be too drill happy

-Bella is allowed to touch the floor. She even has legs she can use to walk.

-Show people things before going for the other thing (that makes sense right?)

-Double v Peacock

-Don't give up pressure for free

-Scary

And here is my to do list:
-Bella is at the top of the list of course. I'm going to spend a lot of time watching other Bella's playing so I can pick up on a lot of tricks for neutral. I'll also be on the look out for combos/resets that I can work on that seem to be real nice. This is something that I've already started doing, and it's gotten me to spend some time in the lab. It's a miracle. I'm hoping that in the near future I'll have accomplished some of my more basic goals on Bella which include: consistent combos after kanchou, combos after 360 into horns, combos after lvl3, combos after airthrow resets and less jumping stupidly in neutral. I'm just going to put in mad lab hours and immerse myself in Bella videos.

-Breaking bad habits in neutral is the next thing on the list. Even though this is meant to be more of a specific and focused to do list this is something that I feel I should mention. In all of the sets I play in the neat future I'll be trying to think a lot more while I play, not hit as many button when they're above me, take my time, make better assists calls and all sorts of other things. This is something I can do pretty easily, in the sense that it is something I can work on while I play other people, and just glancing at the list of things I do wrong can help set me straight if I feel myself wandering.

-Watching my opponent for patterns. This is something which I think will take a while to do. I need to be more active when looking out for what my opponent will throw out next. From here I can make more educated guesses, or straight up block tricky setups if I can see them coming. This is another thing that will probably help me out a ton.

-This is one of the more sad things on this list... I'm going to take a break from doing quick matches. I think it will be a lot better for me if I just do sets with people that I know know how to hit buttons, use an input device and play the game. Also people I play sets in can pick up on things if I'm being too predictable, as opposed to the good folks in QM. There's also the fact that I get a new person every time in QM so I can get used to using the same resets since they'll be "fresh" for each new person.

-Another thing which will come as I play people, but that I can work on in the lab a bit as well is taking space when I have the opportunity to, punishing moves and push blocking at a good time. This is something which I think will aid my defense in general and it will take a lot of pressure off of me that I invited people to put onto me from not capitalizing off of certain things.

So yeah. I'll keep this thread updated on my progress as I work on these things. Shouts out to all the cool cats who've helped me out so far! I'll be spending a lot of lab time on Bella until I can at least look like I know what I'm doing !

Last edited:
Dropping this off here:
Will add list of things I was told tomorrow plus any additional stuff plus cool updates on how cool I am I am a cool guy I'm cool tell me I'm pretty.

ur v pretty :)

Deer I'm curious, in general terms, do you know how many resets you need to kill? Sage kept saying you were "greedy" but I got the impression it was more like "oops the green bar is almost full, I better go for a reset".

Deer I'm curious, in general terms, do you know how many resets you need to kill? Sage kept saying you were "greedy" but I got the impression it was more like "oops the green bar is almost full, I better go for a reset".
In general I don't really know I guess. I just kind of reset until I'm like "Oh I can finish a combo and kill now." So you are correct I was like "oop the green bar is almost full, I better go for a reset."

In general I don't really know I guess. I just kind of reset until I'm like "Oh I can finish a combo and kill now." So you are correct I was like "oop the green bar is almost full, I better go for a reset."
Ok yeah that's kinda the impression I got. I've been giving everyone this advice cause it works for me and I think it's really good: When you practice combos, set the health to "normal" and try to kill a character without setting off undizzy. That's what I do and I feel it helps, I know if I get a hit with Big Band I can kill in 2 resets if they're both low, with 3 resets if I go grab/grab/low, etc

Cool I'll do that today Peanuts.

Here's the list of stuff sonicfox/sage said in the "The Fox School":
-Be careful with titan knuckles, be more aware of the space
-Don't be too aggressive/Impatient
-"You can anti-air with Fukua by backing up and doing crouching heavy punch"
-Air to air
-Air throw
-Be careful with fireballs when I see Fukua is about to mk shadow
-Don't be too quick to 360 after alpha counter if they're above me
-Don't mgr fukua unless stars align
-Pay more attentnion to what opponent is doing when I fireball
-DP or shoot gun at people jumping at me more with Double
-If I land j.hk go for as much dmg as possible
-Anti air more to have more control over the space
-Don't throw out air moves Bella v Eliza
-c.lp c.lk on fukua
-car air beam
-staggering with fukua
-DHC from 360 into monster
-DHC from dynamo into monster
-c.mp slide drill more
-raw tag bella if you're fullscreen w/ fukua instead of wasting the 2 bars to fireball into cats
-work on more mixups and setups that are cool
-be less predictable (I think this also related to kind of psyching myself out before I do resets. I'll do throws a lot because I'm like "Oh man no one's gonna get hit by a low ever")

Ayy I haven't posted here in a while. I'll put some videos up and a general post about the GU monthly soon. Every single match I played was on stream so lucky meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

good job winning it all Deer. (I didnt watch the stream)

still can't believe deer beat surprise guest dekillsage in grand finals

Reactions: dMags and Natezer
I recorded every video in one sitting this morning but my mic was doing some weird thing during the recording, so I'm just going to wait till the videos are up on YouTube and do text versions instead of the recordings. The monthly is cursed, it makes audio issues happen everywhere it's mentioned.

Here's me writing about me thinking about what I was thinking about and doing wrong during WF and GF against @mcpeanuts. I'll do the Tommer one after.

Also nothing at all is spelled right or looks like english.

GUM09 Skullgirls WF KPB McPeanuts Vs. EVL Deer
---GAME 1---
~00:03
-passive roundstart to figure out what he was doing. I was looking to see if he was going to call either assist/what he was doing w/ double. He also walked back so that doesn't give me the sort of info I was looking for.
-I threw a fireball also I probably could have done without it since that got me push blocked. Probably not the biggest deal.
~00:07
-I call Bella to kill the slow bomb, the shadow keeps her safe. I also could have mp fireball'd. He had to block the light one when he hit the ground too which let me walk forward a bit. That wasn't intentional.
~00:10
-super risky l fireball. That pushblock sucked since bomber hit. I don't know what I was scared of either tbh since if someone is in the air doing jhp on double and you're blocking and you've got a dp assist what else are they gonna do besides get hit? ~_~
~00:16
-called double to kill slow bomb. That's not as safe as the earlier bella call since double was basically on top of fukua so I was more happy birthdayable.
~00:21
-did the jlp fireball to keep him away but he ran under then I landed downback call double'd and got grabbed. That was a lack of awareness or aknowledgement of what could happen if he ran under me and avoided having to block the fireball.
~00:30
-dumb and impatient ~_~
~00:42
-just wanted fukua out since I thought it would be a trek to get in and I would take too much chip on the way. I didn't think car would hit so I figured doing catheads would be a lighter punish.
~00:48
-my thought was that peacock might be in range and trying to call another projectile so I could tag her with the chp. This wasn't a good idea though since there was a bird right above me so I just had to chill out and wait my turn.
~1:03
-monster was because I thought he would be blocking, I didn't register that I'd gotten the confirm yet. There's another monster scenario later that's more noteworthy though. Also I think I would have needed to spend the bar anyway to kill so this isn't 100% awful I don't think.
~1:10
-I need setups for bb incoming other than fear timpany and h luger.
~1:15
-I put the hole there for that reason. I was like "this characters dumb big body is bound to get eaten if he does literally anything other than block"
~1:32
-Im pretty sure watching it back that I had the undizzy to kill big band with my 1 bar there. This is sad to watch. I don't know if at the time I didn't know about BB's health/the undizzy I had to work with because he was covering the bars or if I just didn't have faith in my being able to finish the combo. Either way this lets BB get out for free since DHC into catheads is a thing and then that puts me back on the defensive so I kind of just gave away all my momentum for free there being a big dummy
~1:39
-that was just bad ~_~
~2:00
-glide was a poor choice there. I think I wanted to glide a bit then elbow but either way not a very safe thing to do in the corner with only 1 bar.
~2:21
-This is a thing peanuts does I think and I should have been looking out for it I think maybe? That reset was not something I was thinking of at all though at the time.
~2:38
-going for h drill is kinda risky there when he's 1 combo away from killing me and all I have it a fukua and 3 meter. That was kind of desperation at that point.
---GAME 2---
~3:07
-since he didn't call BB last time I was like hey maybe I can hit something. My thoughts were that since I did a passive roundstart last time he might go in with something more aggressive so I dashed back and did chk to try to tag him but then I got beat extended. Kind of a risky roundstart with l beat extend is in play.
~3:15
-there are a few of these. I try to fireball and get airthrown
~3:22
-this was an airthrow tech attempt
~3:27
~3:37
-I kind of jumped the gun on hitting buttons so I'm lucky I didn't get hit and die there
~3:42
-this was a bad assist call
~3:53
-I didn't expect that at all
~3:58
-this one I should have been able to see coming
~4:30
-I don't remember what i hit there but whatever it was it was kind of impatient. Similar to how fukua got killed I rushed.
~4:48
-I was kinda fucked at that point idk
I think the big thing for that game is I basially lost 2 characters off of not looking out for airthrows that were easy to look out for and I got too antsy with hitting things when I shouldn't have. I also could have had cleaner assist calls but that's a general thing.
---GAME 3---
~5:06
-I downback and call bomber since he went in aggro last time. Something to keep in mind though is he didn't hit anything on double, he just moved fwd and called BB so if anything bomber would have just traded with BB and not caught double. I think I mostly did it to feel safe just in case he tried hitting things at me
~5:10
-same airthrow thing. Was trying to fireball
~5:17
-that was a fear drill. I had fear in my heart.
~5:22
-since I have some space I'm trying to keep him away without giving up the ground I have. I start to get more aggressive too so I can apply some pressure.
~5:30
-lol i fucked that up
~5:32
-im assuming his input got crossed up, if it didnt I don't think I could have been close enough to punish the monster because of the jump so I'm lucky lol
~5:43
-I think I was going to get hit either way so bff was a bad idea. Like how's the dude that's flying gonna get hit by that? I was just mad scared of getting hit, idk if I could have drill super'd or something
~5:52
-this was a pushblock turned backdash
~5:57
-I like lp fireball since I can run forward for a while and it deals with ground things when it gets to them
~6:07
-im noticing that its so much easier to walk at peacock when double is dead. who would have thought ?!?!?!
~6:18
-not a safe gun. in general these things where I try to jump the gun cost me more than they would pay off if I were to actually hit. Weighing the consequences against the reward: if i hit i get peacock to stay still for a second or I could go into car. If I get hit then I'm fullscreen and have to start over again
~6:26
-I think I could have done car? I saw the shadow on double but I think if the item wasn't actively falling when I hit the ground I could've done it. I think I even thought I could do it at the time but thought it wouldn't really be worth it. in retrospect it would've put peacock closer to the corner and I could go for that sick tech chase
~6:36
-I did the hole to beat a potential punch move but I got a hit anyway so thats cool
~6:49
-I wanted to bait an airthrow tech attempt. I think it would have made sense to actually go for an airthrow with a hole down to establish that that setup is on the table before going for the pretend version since hows he supposed to know what im preteneding to do if I havent even done it ever?
~6:55
-I could have converted, im lucky he did the ssj
---GAME 4---
~7:34
-I was not expecting the first one to hit lol
~7:37
-I could see that I was too far for that so that was a misplay by meeee
~7:44
-I think this was just me determined to flub every confirm like idk I don't wanna say it was nerves but it was kind of nerves? Or like me worrying about other things and not focusing enough to actually do something as simple as combo. Like being down 2 games had me WORRIED ~_~
~7:52
-look @Natezer the work we put in was not for nothing !!!
~7:59
-I was looking for a teleport I feel like I could have actually done something about it? Maybe BB would have fucked up my plans tho? Whoooo knoooows
~8:03
-gotta look out for that punch range ~_~
~8:06
-I'd done a lot of jhk fishing so I should have maybe not been so comfy in that habit. The crossunder was nice and got meeee
~8:19
-I think I could have converted?
~8:27
-that low to the ground jlp was actually a conscious adjustment on my part to not hit buttons hella early and get big banded.
~8:30
-I was looking for the big band (he is the big man) but I did a move that hit him and not also peacock (she is smaller than big band)
~8:34
-I think he noticed all the jump ins with delayed action and adjust and airthrew me so there goes all my cool corner pressure :\ I should have switched up my approaches and not only hopped at him, or been ready for air throw attempts (since I do that to people sometimes too) I think I was jumping in mostly because I feared the punch move
~8:43
-another hole that I put down hoping he would punch move after my block string so then the hole would each him for punching at it because the hole likes the air and gets upset when you punch the air because that hurts the air
-either way though I keep peacock in the corner for longer and still have 2 bars so I can be relatively comfy in this position
~8:59
-that was a light bomber I fucked the input :\
~9:00
-that just sucked honestly
~9:11
-I think I went low a lot a lot a lot in the set so going for a command grab wouldve been a better bet

Overall big stuff is that there are some easy situational adjustments that I could have made. I also fucked myself pretty badly for rushing sometimes which straight up lost me characters so I need to keep my cool and be patient even when I feel like stakes are high.

GUM09 Skullgirls GF EVL Deer Vs. KPB McPeanuts

---GAME 1---
~0:05
-peanuts was telling me after that he was sliding to make me think about sliding
~0:10
-like straight up I don't get how I dropped so many damn easy combos in general rofl. I was going to try to be mindful of the bomb too but it doesnt matter if im not even hitting him after 2 seconds ~_~
~0:14
-I think I was scared of doing full blockstrings so I couldn't make that stray hit count for anything
~0:17
-At this point with the small life lead I had I think I could have kinda stayed put and turtled out for some time. Like Zid said on the commentary I did lp fireball for the bomb which is kind of a big mistake since 1) it was a kind of bad range to be doing that fireball 2) if it trades with the bomb I have the recovery frames to deal with while nothing scary is on screen keeping him away from me 3) again the range is pretty bad so I kinda just offered up my fukua
~0:25
-That was me mashing armored grab
~0:31
-I wanted out of the corner and didn't mind getting fukua out too since she'd taken some hits
~1:02
-I messed it up but I was doing for a burst bait. If I'd payed attention last time though peanuts didn't burst when I did a burst bait on BB (it was a more obviously coming up one though) but in either case if he doesnt burst and then does super he has a safe dhc so I gave him a get out of jail free card.
~1:06
-that sucked lol I tried to tech an airthrow on the ground and got chit
~1:27
-I did not move as double ~_~
-rofl I went in with jlp to try to not get airthrow hahahahaa
~1:41
-I got scared of the shadow and the bomb and didn't go for a reflect. He didnt even have another bar for ssj so I think I could have?
-I went for a reflect input
~2:07
-kind of a risky airthrow read to go for
~2:15
-idk why I did that like grounded any fireball was bad idea there when hes running at me and a shadow is above me. I guess mp fireball would have hit but still idk anything that slow is mad unsafe in that situation
~2:40
-I tried to anti air and called double. anti airing itself wouldnt be the worst idea, but if I had gotten the hit I could have converted without bomber's help so I didnt really need to call double
~3:13
-that drill was sposed to combo
~3:34
-I feel like if a jhk connected the bomb wouldve gone under me idk tho
~3:50
-she too small
~4:00
-excellabella misunput as diamond drop
~4:07
-you can kind of see my lips on cam there. I think I was laughing cuz of the excellabella? At one point I made a weird noise I dont remember when tho...
~4:30
-a lot of times I land downback call bomber and get thrown for it
~4:50
-burst baiting peacock is bad idea since if it doesnt work she kinda gets off the hook so that kinda sucked. Also I fucked up my punish on the BB incoming lol. I feel like I've made a note of a lot of punishes or conversions that I straight up flubbed which kind of makes me sad cause that's damage and other advantages I didn't get
~4:57
-bad drill
~5:03
-I thought this was a good chance to not be fullscreen forever by making him block and getting double in to pressure with catheads but I let him go :(
~5:38
-woah I d r o p p e d a combo wowie zowie
~6:00
-rofl get baited me nice
~6:05
-I straight up got hit out of walk like idk im a dumbass
~6:16
-I think at that point my mind was like "ah this is the big band command throw to do in the big band matchup, input it" with no attention to what was actually happening onscreen or where big band was or anything
~6:19
-I did not think bomber would hit me there I thought a dynamo would catch both if BB was hitting things
~6:53
-so even though I was playing super far away I was aware of the time. My thoughts were that if I could get a clean hit on BB near the end of the timer ticking down then I could get the life lead before it timed out. I fucked up real bad though when I hit undizzy

oshit forgot to seperate the games

Reactions: Natezer
Only have time to watch the first set right now but here's a few thoughts I thinked with my brain.

~00:16
-called double to kill slow bomb. That's not as safe as the earlier bella call since double was basically on top of fukua so I was more happy birthdayable.
Is there an advantage to using Double for this vs using Bella? Just curious.

-did the jlp fireball to keep him away but he ran under then I landed downback call double'd and got grabbed. That was a lack of awareness or aknowledgement of what could happen if he ran under me and avoided having to block the fireball.
So, we sorta talked about this at the bar a bit, I grabbed you when you were doing downback + call Double a few times this tournament. Something I forgot to mention, part of the reason I'm scared to attempt this against Fukuas is cause like, what if they decide to just j.HK right in your face and you throw gets counter hit? I brought up this concern to Nate and he pointed out you basically never use j.HK defensively like this. Maybe you should use it a bit more often? It seems like when things don't go according to plan, your fireball whiffs or whatever, you tend to default to downback + call Double as your plan B, but you have other options.

~1:10
-I need setups for bb incoming other than fear timpany and h luger.
tbh you beat this character at neutral with Double and Fukua so with those characters I think "back off and zone" is a respectable option, that's usually what I do as Double or Peacock. With Bella I think you can super jump double jump j.HK left/right on incoming and it will beat Timpani because you're above it (actually test this, though, I might have no idea what I'm talking about).

-Im pretty sure watching it back that I had the undizzy to kill big band with my 1 bar there. This is sad to watch. I don't know if at the time I didn't know about BB's health/the undizzy I had to work with because he was covering the bars or if I just didn't have faith in my being able to finish the combo. Either way this lets BB get out for free since DHC into catheads is a thing and then that puts me back on the defensive so I kind of just gave away all my momentum for free there being a big dummy
Part of the issue is that you don't have an easy way to say "I'm ending the combo early and going into super" because you do this weirdo Big Band combo. I guess you can land H luger dash ground string, but that's two chains, so you need to realize early that it's time to end the combo. That makes it a little more difficult. It might help to learn the Duck combo for Big Band, because you can end it early in super at a bunch of different points. His combo is something like

[whatever] s.HK,
j.MP j.HK, land,
sj.MK j.HK xx Barrel,
j.LP j.HP xx Teacup,
s.LPx2 s.MKx2 c.HP bomber car

~2:38
-going for h drill is kinda risky there when he's 1 combo away from killing me and all I have it a fukua and 3 meter. That was kind of desperation at that point.
You could have reversalled here but H Drill was never gonna work just cause I was doing armor move + assist. You could have still done level 3 or armored command grab. I don't think the risk reward is there basically ever on H drill vs Big Band with an assist while you're cornered.

~3:22
~3:27
You should try to tech later so that you don't get CH if you're wrong. Might help to recreate my Double mixup in training mode using random playback and practice teching the grab on reaction rather than prediction.

~6:26
-I think I could have done car? I saw the shadow on double but I think if the item wasn't actively falling when I hit the ground I could've done it. I think I even thought I could do it at the time but thought it wouldn't really be worth it. in retrospect it would've put peacock closer to the corner and I could go for that sick tech chase
Car would have worked, yeah. Bella was taking the item drop for you so I had no way to force you to block the whole Argus. You'd be spending your only bar for a tech chase though, might be better to save it. I could see this going either way honestly.

~7:52
-look @Natezer the work we put in was not for nothing !!!
Oh, you used j.HP to destroy the puddle. I don't think I would have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. Nice. You probably should have killed Peacock though.

~8:19
-I think I could have converted?
At this height, from this far away? Yeah, you absolutely could have. I normally land rejump j.LP j.MP j.HK to convert. A lot of people like j.LP j.MK Barrel (no j.HK, it's not a barrel loop kinda barrel). Whichever you prefer.

~8:34
-I think he noticed all the jump ins with delayed action and adjust and airthrew me so there goes all my cool corner pressure :\ I should have switched up my approaches and not only hopped at him, or been ready for air throw attempts (since I do that to people sometimes too) I think I was jumping in mostly because I feared the punch move
Didn't really notice anything tbh, I just wanted out of that corner and I was going to keep pressing things until I got out because holy shit, fuck trying to BLOCK. Calling Beat Extend didn't work, punch move didn't work, so I went with option 3. I'm sort of surprised I did it and sort of surprised it worked. I think it's weird you were scared of punch move tho considering I did it twice in that series and neither one hit you. I don't think it's good to be too scared of punch move; it's risky on my part and the reward is relatively low. You should also know I can't combo off M gun xx Lenny > Argus. I mean, PEACOCK can combo off it, but I personally cannot because I'm bad at that combo.

~8:59
-that was a light bomber I fucked the input :\
I think this would have lost to fake teleport + assist anyways, wouldn't it? I mean that's kinda what I was hoping would happen. I should lab that come to think of it.

ty for the feedback @mcpeanuts

Is there an advantage to using Double for this vs using Bella? Just curious.
Bella is the better option 100% of the time since she glides through cuz armor imo

With Bella I think you can super jump double jump j.HK left/right on incoming and it will beat Timpani because you're above it (actually test this, though, I might have no idea what I'm talking about).
I swear every time I try this her feet stick down and get hit by the super. I can lab it though to double check.

Part of the issue is that you don't have an easy way to say "I'm ending the combo early and going into super" because you do this weirdo Big Band combo. I guess you can land H luger dash ground string, but that's two chains, so you need to realize early that it's time to end the combo. That makes it a little more difficult. It might help to learn the Duck combo for Big Band, because you can end it early in super at a bunch of different points. His combo is something like

[whatever] s.HK,
j.MP j.HK, land,
sj.MK j.HK xx Barrel,
j.LP j.HP xx Teacup,
s.LPx2 s.MKx2 c.HP bomber car

This is something im working on atm

You should try to tech later so that you don't get CH if you're wrong.
Yeah I think I can tech airthrows in reaction to actually being jumped at (which still leaves me open for air throw baits). At the time I think I was thinking you'd airthrow me when doing that reset loop since in the past I never would tech your airthrows and get hit by them a lot.

The lab thing is something I meant to do before. I think that if I react to airthrow then I can cover throw from both sides and only have to block one by doing the block delay throw tech thing so then it becomes more 50/50ish if that makes sense.

> Argus. I mean, PEACOCK can combo off it, but I personally cannot because I'm bad at that combo.

Damn nice

Here's the match with @Tommer
GUM09 Skullgirls LF EVL Deer Vs. W33dLord840XD

---GAME 1---

~0:02
-I normally start the round against squigly downbacking because of orb. Funnily enough earlier in tournament when I played tommer he started a round with orb and I was moving fwd, then next round I thought "well he won't do it again, he's gonna think I'm gonna downback" and he did it again and I got hit. So there wasn't really a very high chance that I would be starting my rounds doing anything but block in this set.
~0:13
-I'm just kind of playing the fireball game and fishing for bomber hits. I also like to be wary of charges going down.
~0:48
-he had 3 bars and was under pressure so I figured a burst bait was a safe option. I like this bait because they got knocked down for a little so even if they don't burst I'm still in an advantageous position.
~1:03
-I just kind of did a lot of waiting for him to do stuff so I could try to punish it/staggering moves and staying a chill distance away that round once I got the corner

---GAME 2---

~1:36
-when I do cmp and reset after I usually go for the h shadow. I don't remember whether or not I did it earlier in the day against tommer but I know that in general it's usually the first thing I go for when doing that reset.
~1:38
-He's hopping in the corner a lot. I feel like I was acting super scared to approach but I could have applied more pressure/went in with some lows and not lost the corner. That would have been a more secure bet than hoping I could clip him in the air when he was jumping out.
-I think here I'm less patient since I'm fishing for straight up jhk more and he's above me most of the time.
~2:10
-I thought he would do the squigly overhead move. If I'd actually guessed throw I could have punished with jhk on my jump back.
~2:31
-Was not smart move
~2:36
-I figured witgh all the meter I had mashing seemed like not a horrible idea. I didn't think I was going to get burst bait and getting bella in on good terms/getting out of the corner seemed nice.
~2:42
-I think dashing forward ruined that?
~3:03
-I thinik my intention with jhk was to counterhit him hitting something on wakeup and get a heavy combo but that didn't work out. It probably wasn't the best idea either.
~3:16
-Did not think about the excella bella possibility
~3:45
-I should lab pushblocking the first hit and punishing since I never do it.
~3:56
-I could have gone into slide instead of car and gotten a real combo. I think I just kind of had a panic moment where I was like "Oh shit I got a hit gotta make it turn into something oh hey car is something just car"

---GAME 3---

~4:28
-if I don't get push blocked I shouldn't l shadow since it's not safe.
~4:37
-I started my punish with a light because I was worried about anything else have a weird interraction with squigly coming down from the air and her tiny hitboxes
~4:44
-I wanted to jump back and go same side but jumped back too far. I'm lucky he raw tagged.
~4:53
-I don't think I wanted that horse kick...
~4:58
-I started with a light since I don't think I was close enough to connect with cmp and combo the way I wanted to. I might be wrong though.
~5:17
-I didn't adjust the combo for squigly hitboxes so I dropped it
~5:34
-I didn't convert
~5:41
-I'm happy to keep keeping him out since he has low health and if he goes for charges luger is a fast gun move
~5:46
-I think I assumed he would tech backwards so that was dumb decision making and thinking on my part
~6:01
-I think I was getting scared do I did the elbow incoming. Even though I was in a place where the dhc made it safe I kind of just gave away 2 bars and kept myself in the corner.
~6:08
-With him jumping that much I don't think I needed to make any of those bella calls really. I was still pretty close to the corner so getting happy birthdayed was a real risk. He didn't have a bar but still. My thought process though was "Hey all I need to do is chip him, what are the things that chip? Bella assist is a thing that chips hit that while throwing out fireballs that also chip" But I could have just done some fireballs.

Had time to watch all the sets. More think thoughts.

~0:14
-I think I was scared of doing full blockstrings so I couldn't make that stray hit count for anything
c.LKx2 is hit confirmable. It's not the easiest hit confirm in the world, but it's amazing if you can do it since c.LK is +4 on block.

~1:02
-I messed it up but I was doing for a burst bait. If I'd payed attention last time though peanuts didn't burst when I did a burst bait on BB (it was a more obviously coming up one though) but in either case if he doesnt burst and then does super he has a safe dhc so I gave him a get out of jail free card.
I think with burst baits, they're a lot better if you have a setup you can go for if the opponent doesn't burst. Something like Double s.HK > j.LK j.MP j.HK > jump back j.LK j.HP. You have a long time to see if they burst or not, if they don't you jump again and air grab them. Stuff like that.

~1:41
-I got scared of the shadow and the bomb and didn't go for a reflect. He didnt even have another bar for ssj so I think I could have?
You did the right thing not reflecting. This was a bait. If you reflected, Argus would have ended which would have caused the bomb to instantly explode.

~2:40
-I tried to anti air and called double. anti airing itself wouldnt be the worst idea, but if I had gotten the hit I could have converted without bomber's help so I didnt really need to call double
You tried to anti air Double j.HP?! You're a madman!

Tommer set

~0:02
-I normally start the round against squigly downbacking because of orb. Funnily enough earlier in tournament when I played tommer he started a round with orb and I was moving fwd, then next round I thought "well he won't do it again, he's gonna think I'm gonna downback" and he did it again and I got hit. So there wasn't really a very high chance that I would be starting my rounds doing anything but block in this set.
Can you do anything on reaction to orb as Fukua? It has no hitstop so you're allowed to react to it. I can beat start of round orb with car on reaction.

~2:10
-I thought he would do the squigly overhead move. If I'd actually guessed throw I could have punished with jhk on my jump back.
Maybe j.HK also beats the overhead? That overhead is pretty slow to start up. That'd be good to test, if it's true then you don't have to make a read there.

~3:03
-I thinik my intention with jhk was to counterhit him hitting something on wakeup and get a heavy combo but that didn't work out. It probably wasn't the best idea either.
I see you're improvising here, but I mean yeah, what is a Bella going to do on wakeup that's going to lose to j.HK. Pretty much just 360. MGR would have been okay here, if properly spaced it beats all her meterless reversals and level 3.

~3:56
-I could have gone into slide instead of car and gotten a real combo. I think I just kind of had a panic moment where I was like "Oh shit I got a hit gotta make it turn into something oh hey car is something just car"
Maybe level 3 would have reached? Actually that's kind of relevant to my interests as well, I should look into that.

~4:28
-if I don't get push blocked I shouldn't l shadow since it's not safe.
I mean, you did get push blocked, you just didn't go anywhere. There's no green flash but I'm pretty sure this is a PBGC punish; s.HP xx L shadow doesn't have a big enough gap for Squigly to c.LK under normal circumstances. Again, I think c.LKx2 is the hit confirm string to go for with Fukua, it's way safer against PBGC than this string.