• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Should Have a Frame Data App!

Do you agree?

• Total voters

Skullgirlsfanboy

Thread Master (According to Dekillsage)
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Steam
skullgirlsfanboy
Peacock
Hi! Time for a late-night thread!:PUN:

I think you can all agree that it would be great for Skullgirls to have a frame data app!

Ultra Street Fighter IV has one, and I think it's a great idea!

I know that Skullgirls has probably the best training mode ever, but you can't really check that at a tournament.

Even it cost $5 or so, I think it would be great!

If you're going into a tourney you should know what all the frame data is roughly already just from playing and experience.
Also you should not waste your opponents time to go through phone loading screens to check a number on a move. When would it even matter enough to warrant checking?

'Oh, now I know that's 18 frames instead of 20! I'll get him next round!' - Who?

When's the how you will win Evo thread.

im almost considering getting a psvita so i can check training mode stuff when i like (no combos/exection, just resets and stuff)

but then i remember about the horrible analog sticks and i start to think sanely again.

Reactions: Skullgirlsfanboy
If you're going into a tourney you should know what all the frame data is roughly already just from playing and experience.
Also you should not waste your opponents time to go through phone loading screens to check a number on a move. When would it even matter enough to warrant checking?

'Oh, now I know that's 18 frames instead of 20! I'll get him next round!' - Who?

Even Daigo checks his phone between rounds, you know. It would be an excellent addition, and not just when playing, but while you wait for your next match.

Also, pretty sure I already answered you, but, I'll start up the gameplay stuff after I move into my new house and set everything up. (Buy Fraps for PC, or a screen recorder for PS3, I haven't decided yet)
On top of that, I need a computer tablet for doing my graphics. In short, I'm training, but you can't see me!:PUN:

Even Daigo checks his phone between rounds, you know. It would be an excellent addition, and not just when playing, but while you wait for your next match.
I think that's because the whole game is about 1-2 frame links for combos and also certain characters lose their safe options if the enemy character has a 3-4 frame start up move.
I know that Decapre's L Hands become unsafe in certain match ups if they have a 3/4 frame DP, which is really important to know since it's her main chip blockstring ender that she uses all the time other wise.

I don't think I've ever had a desire to know the start up on anything but overheads and maybe s.LP and c.LK. I know all those already and haven't checked anything in forever.

Last edited:

Oh man time to make this thread Kappa

I think having an app would be cool lol. I'm still not good at using frame data though :(

Reactions: Skullgirlsfanboy
Ultra Street Fighter IV has one, and I think it's a great idea!

Because Capcom have a bunch of lazy greedy bastards that after 4 iterations of the same game REFUSED TO PUT THE GODDAMN FRAME DATA ON TRAINING MODE.

It's a mockery you actually have to buy separatedly an official source for such crucial info.

If someone wants to do it for free, be my guest, but as a free, cool fan job, not a neglected feature to be sold separatedly.

Reactions: Flotilla