• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report Skullgirls Steam Sale: 50% off until 6/30!

Flotilla

Reaction score
Big Band Big Band Big Band
Are you ready for a miracle? From right now until June 30th, fighting game fans can pick up Skullgirls Encore from the Steam marketplace for half-off, at a measly $7.50USD. Whether you're a newcomer looking to get their feet wet or a veteran looking to recruit new players, now would be an opportune time to take initiative and buy yourself a copy. Spread the word!

Additionally, keep an eye on Steam's front page; many games are further discounted on daily deals or flash sales, meaning Skullgirls has a chance to go even cheaper!

Attachments

• GET OUT OF MY WALLET.jpg
    GET OUT OF MY WALLET.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 1,334
Last edited:
I was trying to figure out what the hell Painwheel had to do with the Sales based on the front page thumbnail... god damn this is amazing.

Also worth noting that DLCs are on a -50% well, which (if memory serves) was not the case in previous sales.

I'm thinking about getting a few 4-pack Skullgirls things and distribute them at some fighting game streams or something.

Reactions: Wenzel
I got two copies for my friends. Anything for Skullgirls!

Reactions: Wenzel
I just bought this game on Steam, and I thought I would sign up here. I'm guessing the PC version isn't primarily played in tournaments & such?

Welcome! The PC version (not the beta) should be functionally the same as the console versions. The PS3 version seems to be the most popular for tournaments, but so long as your controller/stick/etc. can work on both consoles you shouldn't notice any real difference.

I just bought this game on Steam, and I thought I would sign up here. I'm guessing the PC version isn't primarily played in tournaments & such?

The PC and console versions are near identical. Console is preferred for tournaments and locals for convenience.

The PC version has some perks like keyboard support (of course), faster and more frequent updates and patches, and the Skullgirls Endless Beta, a place where you can test out new characters as they are developed. Currently, Eliza is being tested in the Endless Beta. Check her out!

Make sure to pick up Big Band; he's free right now, and if you claim him now you own him forever. The same will apply to Eliza and Beowulf when they are eventually released.

Right now Skullgirls is on Flash sale for 75% off ($3.74) Sale ends in 2.5 hours from now. It's 10th top seller on Steam right now

Right now Skullgirls is on Flash sale for 75% off ($3.74) Sale ends in 2.5 hours from now. It's 10th top seller on Steam right now

It is so sad those good sales brings zero money to Lab Zero :(

Wanted to get the 2pack but for some reason Steam doesn't let me buy it, not even as a gift :/

Wanted to get the 2pack but for some reason Steam doesn't let me buy it, not even as a gift :/

I believe that if you already own the game, you can't buy a pack.

I got Skullgirls as a gift from a friend who already had it.
It even says on the cart page that I still can buy it as a gift, yet the gift button is off.

It even says on the cart page that I still can buy it as a gift, yet the gift button is off.

Edit: Actually, it won't let me buy a 4 pack as a gift even with a new account. If I can't figure out how to give away codes than I can't give away codes. If someone want to help out that'd be great. Only an hour left.
Same problem here. I think I'm gonna go make a new account just so I can buy it as a gift.
It's 10th top seller on Steam right now
It's the 8th top seller now ^_^

Edit: There's over 1.8k players on right now!

Last edited:
Reactions: SkullMan
If I didn't already have it for PS3 I'd be getting a piece of this.
God damn that's incredible.
You should get it now anyway. It's like $3.74, with a much larger player base. Plus lobbies and instant updates.

Yeah, but I don't have a controller for my PC, so chacnes are I'm better off waiting until the next time this happens, and I have a controller.
Plus kinda already digging myself into a hole, somehow I've spent more money on commissions and helping people get their games instead of getting me any.

Can't you just plug in a PS3 controller using a USB port?

For PS3 pads you'll need some drivers. I used to recommend Motioninjoy, but they've added some obnoxious adware. Instead, I now reccomend the SCP Driver Package.

I use SCP but whenever I unplug my ps3 controller it still recognizes a controller plugged it, so when i plug in a 360 it sets it as player 2, quite annoying that i cant fix it but w/e.

So I have a co-worker that I got really interested in the game who is an avid fighting game fan but he keeps saying he's waiting for a PS4 version, to which my consistent pleas of telling him its not gonna happen anytime soon keeps falling on deaf ears. I told him to just get it on Steam to which he doesn't really do PC gaming, hopefully he's seeing this and finally decides to get it.

And if he's reading this, damn man get off your ass and get this!

Yes. because if it is only a gift is still possible if you own the game, with packs this isn't possible because you always lose a copy.

I use SCP but whenever I unplug my ps3 controller it still recognizes a controller plugged it, so when i plug in a 360 it sets it as player 2, quite annoying that i cant fix it but w/e.

So I have a co-worker that I got really interested in the game who is an avid fighting game fan but he keeps saying he's waiting for a PS4 version, to which my consistent pleas of telling him its not gonna happen anytime soon keeps falling on deaf ears. I told him to just get it on Steam to which he doesn't really do PC gaming, hopefully he's seeing this and finally decides to get it.

And if he's reading this, damn man get off your ass and get this!
You mean the DS4Tool? I use one for Skullgirls.

No I use Xinput wrapper. I tried installing DS3Tool at the time and it was so confusing I just quit.