• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullheart is back!

Vadsamoht

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Steam
Vadsamoht
Ms. Fortune Robo Fortune
Hi everyone. The forums are back up, and hopefully for good this time. Rather than bore you with a long essay, I've written a FAQ to get you all up to date.[prebreak][/prebreak]

So what happened to the old Skullheart?
We're not really sure. Everything just disappeared off of the servers and we still aren't sure exactly what caused it. The only data that we could directly restore was for the Skullgirls website itself, as the backup system that we thought was in place... wasn't.
Why did it take so long to fix the site?
There are a number of reasons, not least of which was that we needed to coordinate several people from opposite sides of the world. I know what it's like to be a user who is kept in the dark about these things, and all I can say is that I'm really sorry for the extended delay. It had nothing to do with us being too lazy to fix it.
So all of my posts are gone? Is there nothing I can do to get them back?
In short, yes, your posts are gone. There is a small chance that some pages can be salvaged from either Google or Bing's caches, but those are rotting away fast. I've already archived some of the more important threads, and will be posting those soon.

If you don't know how to attempt recovery from cache, feel free to post a request here
So, can I start a new version of <some thread>?
Yes, please do.
This forum looks ugly. What's with the colour scheme?
Restoring the theme is going to take some time, because there are a lot of details to get right. I appreciate that not everyone likes the default theme, but I figured it was more important to have the site back up as quickly as possible.
What happened to the wiki?
The wiki went boom with the rest of the site. We may add it again in the future, but not until after the forum is back to normal. In the meantime, check out the SG section in the SRK wiki.
Where is feature X?
We are running a newer version of the forums software that was released while SH was down, and there are probably add-ons that I haven't had the chance to install yet. If you can't find a feature or something isn't working as it should, please let me know in this thread.
What about Sev's hair?
Don't worry, we have our priorities in order.
sev.gif

That's all I can think of for now, but I'll add more if there are other questions that keep coming up.

Last edited:
FINALLY! Now only to get the colors right. This blue, orange, and white theme just isn't right.

Where is feature X?
We are running a newer version of the forums software that was released while SH was down, and there are probably add-ons that I haven't had the chance to install yet. If you can't find a feature or something isn't working as it should, please let me know in this thread.
This link doesn't work.

Yay! I missed you guys! Lets get postin'!

Awesome!

Can we finally get to have the skullgirls.com community tab link here?

For someone who discovered Skullgirls while the forum was dead, I'm glad that I can interact with more players! It's also nice to see people that I know here (from the "Unofficial Official Temporary Skullheart" Steam group for example, or Tumblr)

Reactions: Kai
I just spread the word. Sorry Vad, but last night it was 6AM already and couldn't stay up anymore.

Reactions: musica
tumblr_m53znuYkbM1rvyfb9o1_250.gif

Woohoo! I can start to get good at SG again!

Reactions: Epic_of_Enkidu
All Right! It's back up....for now.

So glad it's back! We need a rate my SG topic!

My beard has longed for the prodigal son to return. Now, a new chapter begins.....

I met many of you through IRC, but we forums bros now.

Even if you're a broad. We are now forum bros.

All is back as it should be.....

I am glad to see everyone one again!

What happened to Fexile Dark?

It's so bright.

Yeah seriously. Super bright.

But regardless, glad to be back.

Reactions: musica
Glad to be back homies! o/ Now let's get back in the game!

squigly_and_squiggly_by_cj_sanchez-d65z7ua.png
Cheers from Brazil! (`_´)ゞ