• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Snapback Momentum

Skullmageddon

Reaction score
Steam
Skullmageddon
PSN
Skullmageddon_42
Peacock Peacock Peacock
So this isn't anything new, but I thought it was something worth discussing nonetheless. So I'm sure many of you have had the following happen to you; You trade moves with an opponent, resulting in some strange momentum that sends one/both of you flying off in either direction. The following video is an example of this shift in momentum.

What we're looking at here is what happens at the beginning of the video of course, so the actual snapback combo isn't important. This isn't the only case in which a similar shift in momentum will occur, but I provide this as an example because it can be easily reproduced. Now I believe this particular momentum shift only works if you trade hits with hornet bomber AND hit the opponent's current active character with the snapback. I also don't know of any other specific scenarios in which this will work, but I know they exist.

But what I really want to ask from you guys is if you think there's any utility in this. In it's current state I don't see much utility here, but as far as I know it also hasn't been explored all that much. Perhaps it has utility in a PBGC against opponents who mixup with assists, or perhaps there are other situations in which this may be applicable that I'm not thinking of. It may even be a decent option if you simply practice it enough. Anyways, any thoughts?

Pretty sure this can happen with Cerecopter. It doesn't seem very reliable though.

Pretty sure this can happen with Cerecopter. It doesn't seem very reliable though.
But either way, it's gotta be a bug, right? There's no reason it should happen.

But either way, it's gotta be a bug, right? There's no reason it should happen.

Yeah, I'm 100% sure this is an unintended effect. At the same time, I don't see it being patched for any reason anytime soon (Cue Mike stage right)

Not as important, but in that video, were the attacks done after the Snapback intentionally done to the beat of the music?

Reactions: gllt
Cerecopter is potentially not a bug since it does have a 'vacuum' effect that pulls you towards her when you get hit. I've traded hits with it from a distance many times and gotten pulled across the screen.

Vacuum effects are weird. Ever get pulled into fenrir from the edge of a titan knuckle poke? Funny, but not fun. Didn't think hornet bomber had any vacuum though.

Yeah I'm pretty sure what's happening is the vacuum effect is taking place and not ending properly due to the move being interrupted.

Not as important, but in that video, were the attacks done after the Snapback intentionally done to the beat of the music?

Heh i didn't even notice :)

And yeah vacuum effects can have really strange results. Though I'm not so sure hornet bomber has any vacuum effect (though if it does it would explain the strange knockback)