• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

So I got my first Fightstick!

Pheno

Smash 4 -> Skullgirls newcomer
Reaction score
Steam
GrieferPheno
PSN
G_Pheno
Filia
I just recently (As in like yesterday) got a late Christmas gift from my family and girlfriend.
It was the Quanba Q1 and I love it especially for a first stick, something Ive always wanted!

Im not sure how people usually have the buttons set up but I have it set up as
Top row: LP, MP, HP, Default Macro 1
Bottom row: LK, MK, Hk, Default Macro 2

I was wondering if this is the general button set up on 8 button sticks
Any general tips for starters? Movement practices etc.

Attachments

• q1.jpg
    q1.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 573
I got my friend the same stick for his birthday, I have a Q4 and it definitely compares well to to mine being twice as cheap.
But yes, those are the normal presets for playing. I normally just use LK+MP for assist 1 and MK+HP for assist 2 but that's all just personal preference.
As for learning how to use it...just play with it. You can't really force it, to be honest. Once you get the feel of where directions are on the stick, it'll start to fall into place. You'll be able to feel when to stop for a QCF or a QCB or whatever motion you're doing.
If you want to practice though...I would say pick a Rekka character in another game, like Duo Lon in KOF or Fei in SF4. Doing repeated motions will get you the best practice.