• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Solid netcode!

nursetabs

Ready for your shot?
Reaction score
Valentine
I just wanted to say how impressed I am with Skullgirls netcode. I don't often play online so I haven't had a lot of experience with it. I did play some matches with a local friend (~35-50ms) and it was as I expected it to be.

But then I attempted to play with my friend across the world (~260ms). I set the GGPO delay to the recommended of "5" and it was pretty much perfect. While my inputs and character felt "heavy" (in the sense that I could feel the delay on my inputs compared to local/AI play) the game didn't skip a beat. There was no stutter, no audio issues, no graphical issues, it just worked. I could even do my combos without issue!

I've spoken to some other friends who play other GGPO games (and non-GGPO games) and they've said that their experience at high ping is never pleasant. So i'm not sure if it's the version of GGPO that Skullgirls uses or some special sauce that Mike Z puts on top of it but it is damn impressive work.

Kudos!

Well I'd say 5 delay isn't pleasant, and I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way. IMO if it's not worth playing at 0, it's not worth playing at all.

Well I'd say 5 delay isn't pleasant, and I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way. IMO if it's not worth playing at 0, it's not worth playing at all.

I wasn't too fussed with it and it was worth it to play with my international friend. Of course 0 is preferred but 5 was more than playable.

I haven't played a match at 5 yet but at 3-4 it's still way better than your average online SFV match.

I usually set it to 3 frames delay on ~300 ping and I've never had problems with it. I recommend that you try it too.