• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Solo Band Cornering options

Redandgreen43

Big Blag
Reaction score
Steam
redandgreen43
Big Band
So I found that my solo Band game really shines whenever I push someone into a corner. Is there a simple way to push someone into a corner? Perhaps a H Brass Knuckles?

Errr, I think a simple 2 ground string 1 air string combo into H A Train is enough to sliding knockdown them into corner with enough time to do oki shenanigans.

Sample combo:

Cr.lk Cr.mk St.hp
J.lp J.lk J.mk
St.lp Cr.mk St.hk
H A Train
*This works for everyone anywhere, ends with sliding, and does decent damage specially with SSJ though that would bring them out of corner.
*If you're having trouble with the St.hk A-train bit you could just do st.hp M A-train

Cr.lk Cr.mk St.hp
J.lp J.lk J.mk
St.lp Cr.mk St.hp
J.mp J.hp
H Cymbal
Dash Up Cr.lk Cr.mp(2) St.hk
H A Train
*Again, universal, easy to confirm into, ends with sliding, and does decent damage.
*The dash up bit only works if you're close enough to corner, if you think you're not gonna make it you can end with Timpani; if you've got taunt you can do the last string for a sliding knockdown or SSJ to kill.

Bonus:
Here's an easy burst bait you can transition into from the main combo.
Cr.lk Cr.mk St.hp
J.lp J.lk J.mk
St.lp Cr.mk St.hk
L Beat Extend
St.lp Cr.mk
*Very easy and I think it's universal, haven't really tested.
*You might have to tweak with it a bit to make it work in corners (?) nothing major, maybe just replace a Cr.mk with a Cr.mp(2) or neutral jump for the air string instead of [9].

H Brass is slightly more frame advantage on hit compared to M/H A-Train. It's not a huge difference or anything though it's like 3 frames I think.

If Big Band is closer to the corner than the opponent, you may want to try to back throw to switch positions.

Errr, I think a simple 2 ground string 1 air string combo into H A Train is enough to sliding knockdown them into corner with enough time to do oki shenanigans.

Sample combo:

Cr.lk Cr.mk St.hp
J.lp J.lk J.mk
St.lp Cr.mk St.hk
H A Train
*This works for everyone anywhere, ends with sliding, and does decent damage specially with SSJ though that would bring them out of corner.
*If you're having trouble with the St.hk A-train bit you could just do st.hp M A-train

If you are cornered, this will put the opponent like 3/4 screen away from corner.

Personally I think this combo is easier than the 2nd one you posted, and carries from corner to (about a character's width away from) corner.

c.lk s.mk (1 hit)
j.lk j.mk
s.lp s.mk (1 hit)
j.lp j.lk j.mk
c.lk c.mk s.hk
H A Train

Thanks for these combos. Gotta test some in training & decide which ones work best for me. Always trying to improve my BB.