• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Video Game Characters You HATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like his fighting style but I HATE Yun Seong, I always choose Assassin and sacrificed the ability to use different weapons over him in SCII

hong-yun-seong-soul-calibur-ii-picture.jpg

This is always what I picture when I think Metroid. No Zero Suit nonsense. Just Badassery.

Amen to that, She's a serious character who's gone through horrible things, and beat it all. She's one of the coolest characters of any medium, really hoping they go back to that in the next Metroid.

Reactions: Zidiane
Any character that wore a black coat in the Kingdom Hearts series (except Mickey Mouse).

The Sailor Moon RPG I played was really hard to want to play, the dialogue was hard to get through.

IIRC the old arcade beat em up game was pretty solid.

if anyone says ' women can be sexy and blahblahblah', no shut up, the character they established would not be like that at all. No long hair, no make up, no sithspit.

I agree with you that I'd like to see her wearing something less sexy out of the suit (and also sexy or not I can't stand the Zero Suit. Dumb looking costume with a gaudy as hell color scheme IMO).

But no long hair? I mean okay okay, maybe a female warrior might shave her head or something, I dunno. But come on, I don't think you need to go that far, it's still a fantasy after all. Besides, I don't think simply wearing hair a certain way is SUPER SEXY or anything.

Last edited:
Amen to that, She's a serious character who's gone through horrible things, and beat it all. She's one of the coolest characters of any medium, really hoping they go back to that in the next Metroid.
Now I want to go back through Metroid: Fusion.
Any character that wore a black coat in the Kingdom Hearts series (except Mickey Mouse).
What? Oh, no, you can't mean all of them, can you?
xion.jpg

Larxene-1.jpg

Post code Veronica Chris, Jill, Leon, sherry... Well almost every char after code Veronica.

And wesker, specially wesker

This.

But no long hair? I mean okay okay, maybe a female warrior might shave her head or something, I dunno. But come on, I don't think you need to go that far, it's still a fantasy after all. Besides, I don't think simply wearing hair a certain way is SUPER SEXY or anything.
Why would a warrior have long hair? What if someone grabbed it? It's more impractical to fighting if anything.

Why would a warrior have long hair? What if someone grabbed it? It's more impractical to fighting if anything.
Well besides the point that she's never supposed to be out of her suit at all. Short hair isn't going to help walking around in acid rain or with all those lasers flying around now is it?

And it is a fantasy after all. If you're going to worry about things being realistic, you have far bigger fish to fry than "long hair is unrealistic".

I think you can fudge realism for the sake of a good character design honestly.

IIRC the old arcade beat em up game was also pretty solid.

I agree with you that I'd like to see her wearing something less sexy out of the suit (and also sexy or not I can't stand the Zero Suit. Dumb looking costume with a gaudy as hell color scheme IMO).

I've actually never been a fan of Beat-em-ups. They just don't appeal to me for some reason.

Also, long hair totally works stylistically.
The only problem I see is wouldn't it be hard to get all that hair into the helmet?

Everyone in Kingdom Hearts. And every "superkawaiidesu" girl.

Reactions: DDB and Kai
Everyone in Kingdom Hearts. And every "superkawaiidesu" girl.
...Really? Every singular existing character in the entire Kingdom Hearts story you hate? Every Disney, Square Enix, and original? Every one? I'm not saying that's impossible, but I'm curious as to why. Do you, like, hate the very idea of the Kingdom Hearts franchise or something?

I just don't like Kingdom Hearts, never have, never will.

Except the actual Disney characters, just the Square Enix and orignal ones.

Reactions: Kai
I just don't like Kingdom Hearts, never have, never will.

Except the actual Disney characters, just the Square Enix and orignal ones.
So do you only dislike their Kingdom hearts representations, or are they cool in their Final Fantasy games?

Master difficulty and very hard story mode in f zero gx. They're not characters, but I still have a strong feeling towards them

Story wise I thought the first KH was good. It was simple and sweet and both the stories and the more colorful art style for the square enix characters blended well with the disney folks. It wasn't best story ever or anything but it was solid.

KH2 is when the series went into a dark closet, bumped its head, and forgot it wasn't every pretentious overly philosophical anime and rpg ever. The change to having the Square characters more darker and realistic didn't help either. And Organization XIII IMO always felt like a filler enemy that was introduced for no other reason than to give Sora and Co somebody else to fight.

Last edited:
So do you only dislike their Kingdom hearts representations, or are they cool in their Final Fantasy games?
Let's not bring up FF or we'll start getting off topic, I can't afford to get any more of my posts deleted.
But I don't like FF either,

Let's not bring up FF or we'll start getting off topic, I can't afford to get any more of my posts deleted.
But I don't like FF either,
This is the thread where talking about the characters you hate and the games they are in is the point of talking. Please, feel free to talk about that exact thing. I promise no one's going to delete your clearly on-topic posts.

Reactions: Φ
The main problem with Samus' long hair is indeed the helmet, let alone that she wears it in a ponytail in said helmet. And it's fantasy yes, but the series was heavily grounded in it's own way of realism. The setting is very dark and grimy, lonely and disturbing- long beautiful hair doesn't fit imo, especially not with a battle hardened woman who is almost always on a dangerous mission where she has to be focused at all times or else she's dead. Hair/ grooming would not be something she'd want to deal with when her life is basically always on the hunt.

If Metroid was an action/ adventure shonen-esque series, then I'd have not problem at all with long cool hair, but it's a very serious series (used to be :<) that doesn't go that way. Atleast back in the gba days, they kept the fanservice stuff to the ending pictures/ epilogue in Zero Mission, but now they show her without the suit so dang much, and always pan around her chest and buns in cutscenes. Always. I was pretty surprised when I played Brawl's story mode, when Zero suit Samus was introduced they literally panned the camera around her butt and chest, whyyyy

But all that said, stylistically it is indeed very cool when she has long hair that is not in a ponytail while wearing the armor, but you only see that in fanart.

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
This is the thread where talking about the characters you hate and the games they are in is the point of talking. Please, feel free to talk about that exact thing. I promise no one's going to delete your clearly on-topic posts.
I see then. Awesome.

I hate Toad because he was an asshole to me in Mario Party 5.
Oh I feel you... that bastard likes to steal all my stars.

Organization XIII IMO always felt like a filler enemy that was introduced for no other reason than to give Sora and Co somebody else to fight.
I really liked the concept of Nobodies, that people who had their heart stolen may wake up as something new with no memories (even though they all seemed to name themselves a combination of a real name and an X), but I guess Organization 13 itself was a little silly. I don't even remember what their goal was.

The main problem with Samus' long hair is indeed the helmet, let alone that she wears it in a ponytail in said helmet.

But all that said, stylistically it is indeed very cool when she has long hair that is not in a ponytail while wearing the armor, but you only see that in fanart.
These are actually all the ingame sprites I've seen after she takes the helmet off. Brawl and Other M are the only things I can think of that have her with a pony tail.
2d_endings.jpg

The main problem with Samus' long hair is indeed the helmet, let alone that she wears it in a ponytail in said helmet. And it's fantasy yes, but the series was heavily grounded in it's own way of realism. The setting is very dark and grimy, lonely and disturbing- long beautiful hair doesn't fit imo, especially not with a battle hardened woman who is almost always on a dangerous mission where she has to be focused at all times or else she's dead. Hair/ grooming would not be something she'd want to deal with when her life is basically always on the hunt.

Maybe it's just my own personal interpretation, but I don't see it as that dark or realistic. Many of the environments and worlds are still very colorful and fantastical, and there's definitely a strong element of the unreal and magical here (especially wherever the Chozo are involved, and let's not forget the wrecked ship).

I mean it's definitely dark and serious compared to Nintendo's other stuff, maybe more in line with Castlevania stylistically, but I can think of even darker and more realistic works in and out of video games where something as borderline trivial as hair can be glossed over for the sake of dramatics or aesthetics.

Hair not fitting in the helmet is indeed a legitimate point, but too be honest I never really noticed before lol, and hair grooming again shouldn't be something to worry about in a fantasy (maybe everyone in the future has magic hair gel, fuck it). Also not saying I'd be against Samus with short hair, but I'm just saying I don't think that's something that's really a problem.

I don't even remember what their goal was.

On paper they wanted to gain hearts and make their own world, but the funny thing is that the TRUE goal of their leader (Xemnas) was actually to take over the world and shit. This was never stated or implied anywhere in the series except a developer interview lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pfantzypantz
These are actually all the ingame sprites I've seen after she takes the helmet off. Brawl and Other M are the only things I can think of that have her with a pony tail.
I thought the one all the way on the left was some NPC to a beat em up or something. Just for a second

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I do remember that in the third sprite (the snes one) she undoes her hair for a sec before letting it down like that.

I'm gonna bring up DoA for a second.

The one character I cannot stand is Hayate, he's so bland and boring that I really wouldn't be mad if he was removed from the roster. The only thing he's good for is eye candy and even then he fails at that, I don't see why everyone likes him so much.

I can't think of any fighting game characters I hate atm, so I'm just gonna go with one of my biggest shit-listers in recent years.

Fi_Artwork.png
This bitch. This stupid bitch. Now I don't really blame Nintendo for being dry on a good partner character idea after Midna. I can even look past how boring and useless I found this character throughout the entire game. But no, the biggest thing that pisses me off more than anything about her is wasted potential. Throughout the whole game she's just an emotionless info-reader that spouts percentile data at you, and at literally... and I mean LITERALLY the last minute of the game she says some half-assed bullshit to try to make you sad and her character seem tragic. And for me it abysmally failed in attempting to make me care. Y'know what would've made me care? Maybe have her slowly develop emotions throughout the story! Maybe drop some loose foreshadowing about her being afraid of becoming inactive when her job is over! Maybe make some fucking reason why I should care about this stupid thing! I mean fuck, I'd rather take an annoying fairy over an emotionless machine.

Actually I do remember that in the third sprite (the snes one) she undoes her hair for a sec before letting it down like that.
Oh, I think you're right. Which is weird because this is her death animation, and she clearly has no pony tail.
I mean fuck, I'd rather take an annoying fairy over an emotionless machine.
Hey! Listen! We don't tolerate that kind of talk around here.

:p

Reactions: Agent York
i too am enraged by this fictional character's hair

It's great to see some mentions of ZSS here. I don't know if my dislike of ZSS is the same as for idiots like Bowser Jr., but I definitely hate how Nintendo has been slowly turning her into a busty Peach in blue tights. With each game she's becoming softer, shorter, thinner, and just a shadow of her former self. I didn't mind that Zero Mission came up with something better than a bikini for her, but now it's really getting out of hand.

Personally, I think if Retro had been allowed to create the Zero Suit, using Samus's Super/Fusion body-types as a blueprint, we would have gotten something much better for the proceeding games. Their suit dissection concepts in Metroid Prime were very impressive, and showed a lot of respect for the character and the source material. In fact, I'd be happy if they just ran with the entire franchise from here on out.

I have almost no characters that I hate in games, and I've actually played through almost all of the Kingdom Hearts games. But...

TAKE A LOOK AT THIS SCUM
images

That's right, characters in rpgs that block your path.
I hate them with a seething passion, more than any normal character in a game could bring me, EVER.

No. I hate the kind that have no identity, but block your path anyway.
I hate their very existence, and worst part of their existence is that their existence isn't actually pointless.
They are there just to block you from even touching higher grounds. The game is literally telling you that you are so weak, that you don't even deserve to feel any bit of what's to come ahead.
Their existence is an insult. And I hate it so much.

I hate them. I hate the very idea of them. Why? Because they're also unnecessary.
If I'm not at a high enough level to go to an area effectively, why tell me?
Let me experience it. Show me. Show me how bad I am when I start.
I want my ass handed to me. On a silver platter, minimum.
I want to see the upper ground. I want to get there. Not a wall of useless shits standing in my way.

At least when Team Rocket does it, they have a reason, which gives an identity. They want you out, their doing criminal stuff, that adds to the story. And their block IS the challenge, you're supposed to get over them. That's good.
When they block you simply for the purpose of preventing you from accessing an area out of your level range, it destroys the world feeling, the feel of progress, the feel of submersion, SO MANY THINGS BECAUSE OF THIS.

WHEN'S THERE GOING TO BE AN RPG WHEN THERE'S THE "KICK LIVING SHIT OUT OF BLOCKER" OPTION. GIVE ME THAT.

I have almost no characters that I hate in games, and I've actually played through almost all of the Kingdom Hearts games. But...

TAKE A LOOK AT THIS SCUM
images

That's right, characters in rpgs that block your path.
I hate them with a seething passion, more than any normal character in a game could bring me, EVER.

No. I hate the kind that have no identity, but block your path anyway.
I hate their very existence, and worst part of their existence is that their existence isn't actually pointless.
They are there just to block you from even touching higher grounds. The game is literally telling you that you are so weak, that you don't even deserve to feel any bit of what's to come ahead.
Their existence is an insult. And I hate it so much.

I hate them. I hate the very idea of them. Why? Because they're also unnecessary.
If I'm not at a high enough level to go to an area effectively, why tell me?
Let me experience it. Show me. Show me how bad I am when I start.
I want my ass handed to me. On a silver platter, minimum.
I want to see the upper ground. I want to get there. Not a wall of useless shits standing in my way.

At least when Team Rocket does it, they have a reason, which gives an identity. They want you out, their doing criminal stuff, that adds to the story. And their block IS the challenge, you're supposed to get over them. That's good.
When they block you simply for the purpose of preventing you from accessing an area out of your level range, it destroys the world feeling, the feel of progress, the feel of submersion, SO MANY THINGS BECAUSE OF THIS.

WHEN'S THERE GOING TO BE AN RPG WHEN THERE'S THE "KICK LIVING SHIT OUT OF BLOCKER" OPTION. GIVE ME THAT.
Do not worry... I completely agree with you. I hate those characters so much.

Hey! Listen! We don't tolerate that kind of talk around here.

:p
Oh you! :p Though that quote out of context is hilariously horribly bad for me lol.

Though iirc they're all just those sprites, I'd like her to still have the armor on, but just take the helmet off, like the 1st Metroid Prime did, alas still had the ponytail there too. Definitely prefer the long hair without ponytail.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't mind that Zero Mission came up with something better than a bikini for her, but now it's really getting out of hand.

Call me crazy, but I actually think the black space swim suit from Super Metroid was way classier than the Zero Suit. Even more so because, since ZS technically shows less skin, they can get away with a lot more fanservicey close ups. Compare the gratuitous butt shots in Zero Mission to the fairly restrained pictures in Super Metroid.

And like I said I just think it looks bad either way. The whole color scheme is garish and it just looks tacky imo.

I can say that I used to hate Annie, on a hatred level of: "HHRRRRNG", but after a while she seems more of a "Ehhh..."

painwheel.png

Because fuck corner cross-ups.
SG_Peacock_portrait.jpg

Because fuck her zoning.
pso2-monika.jpg

HER VOICE MAKES ME WANNA PUNCH MY MONITOR.
Final-Fantasy-XIII-Lightning.jpeg

3cc9be415855ae2332e8469dd8a04039-d5s9a1e.jpg

HE'S A FUCKING DOUCHE.
526x297-zIc.jpg

OH, God, this guy.

I can say that I used to hate Annie, on a hatred level of: "HHRRRRNG", but after a while she seems more of a "Ehhh..."
Annie is ehhh. #Kappa

Status
Not open for further replies.