• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Spammers on Skull Heart: It's annoying!

I...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullgirlsfanboy

Thread Master (According to Dekillsage)
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Steam
skullgirlsfanboy
Peacock
Hi!:PUN: (I need to start even serious topics with this)

You may know me. I post threads. Lots of threads. Lots of people like my stuff, but then there are others...

I recently have been getting spammed by a user who seems to have a bone to pick with me for no reason I can see!
He's recently taken to punheadding all my threads, and seems to want everyone to think I'm an idiot!
Sure forums are for serious stuff, but can't we have our coke and lemonade threads in peace!?

I get that there are trolls online, but this guy won't leave me alone!

Is this just me, or does anyone else get spammed?

Thanks for reading my mini-rant, by the way.

UPDATE: This thread's awesome now, so I'm expanding it to include anything funny you have to say! You guys are great!

Last edited:
Dude, you should probably chill with all the thread makin. Cut back on how many you make a week, drink some coke-lemonade stuff, spend time in the lab with characters you want to learn if you want to eventually win the EVO's. Just chill.

No offense Skullgirlfanboy, but you've been going pretty gosh darn hard on making threads, to the point where you are bordering spamming (albeit innocently). Try to check to see if a thread is made before making one or justifying whether it should be part of a thread rather than a new one.
And if you are having problems with someone, speak directly via private message to both them and the moderator rather than make a thread. The former is more likely to get something done discreetly.

Reactions: Nomad and Cadenza
Okay Okay Okay I feel bad for you so I'm going to be real.

The first post you made about the beam spam and || THE BOUNCE || being 'broken machanics' was really dumb and was horrible way to start off your adventure.
It showed you didn't really understand the game or the points you were trying to argue.
Afterwards you told everyone you were great at playing anyways.

Later, you make a LOT of silly posts, which is sort of fine*, but it's at the rate of one per day!
Nobody makes threads like that, that's way more 'Spam' that anything I've done or seen on this board.

*I think everyone would be more pleased if the threads you were making were gameplay related and actually generated Skullgirls gameplay related discussion on the Skullgirls forum, otherwise, why not make it on reddit or something?

Then you just didn't stop and it kept going, along with the Miss Fortune head that goes along with every post which is also pretty annoying (Hence my ironic shitposting with the Pun Head, but you didn't really catch on, and just called it spam.)

Then Stuff makes a bunch of ironic threads about nothing too, but that goes over your head also and you think he's being serious.

Most of the 'Spam' you are receiving is pretty much everyone's way of saying "Holy shit stop."

Just chill with the thread making, stop calling other people spammers, promote game related discussion with serious threads if you really can't stop making them, and maybe stop with the Miss Fortune head, that's just a personal preference but it looks like other people find it annoying.
(Also you're not a perfect mono Peacock so don't say that.)

The reason I kept telling you to tell me about how you would win Evo is because I was hoping you'd show me you were capable of talking about something that wasn't Coke and Lemonade and you had training notes or something and maybe knew a combo.

.. I really shouldn't have had to point all this out but for some reason it's not getting through to you no matter how many people that aren't me try and say it.

One more time though:
Just chill with the thread making, stop calling other people spammers, promote game related discussion with serious threads if you really can't stop making them, and maybe stop with the Miss Fortune head, that's just a personal preference but it looks like other people find it annoying.

Hi!:PUN: (I need to start even serious topics with this)

actually you don't, using that head sometimes makes whatever you need to say less valid

You may know me. I post threads. Lots of threads. Lots of people like my stuff, but then there are others...

I'm sure at this point everyone knows who you are and i'm not trying to throw shade but everytime i look at the recent threads it's one of yours

I recently have been getting spammed by a user who seems to have a bone to pick with me for no reason I can see!
He's recently taken to punheadding all my threads, and seems to want everyone to think I'm an idiot!
Sure forums are for serious stuff, but can't we have our coke and lemonade threads in peace!?

Gurl, coke and lemonade are fine just too much is bad for you and need to have some water and not for anything a lot of people don't like coke and lemonade in their face constantly. Also people don't do things without a reason.

I get that there are trolls online, but this guy won't leave me alone! Is this just me, or does anyone else get spammed? Thanks for reading my mini-rant, by the way.

there is a block button and most people don't since don't flood the forums, sorry for the t

How 'bout this, try posting 1 thread a month, just try it. Less people will hate you and it gives you time to come up with helpful, interesting, or meaningful threads. Just try it.

And stop useing fucking :PUN:, a joke can only be funny for so long.

(I'd have quotes, but then I'd be quoting everyone)
I appreciate the advice, and I really DO have some great, gameplay-related content I'm planning (and a spoof thing), but if you want a change in content, in stead of insults, you could be nice, at least, Skarmand. The first thing you did after I said I wanted to get along was insult me.

The "|Beams|" thread WASN'T my first thread, either. I posted several game related topics before that, but it was the first you noticed.

No, I won't stop using Punheads, as they are the most important contribution to society in decades.

I actually feel sorta happy that most of you guys know me, seeing how short my accounts life is compared to most.

I also only posted game related threads today, just so you know.
(The bald thing wasn't mine, but Mike Z. Should explain Filia's hair a bit)

I WOULD like to get along with you all, but I feel like I'm the only one being nice sometimes...

So! Punheads: good
Threads: good
Comments: good!
Epic content: coming soon!

(I hope I summed things up)

I've written to you before about how to write threads and how a lot of the time tone on the internet can be lost. If someone is harassing you directly, I advise poking a forum mod who can ban the shit out of them.

You start a lot of threads. Rather, you start a lot of threads. A lot of them aren't very coherently built or structured and might already cover topics already explored in other threads. Try slowing down. Please. I know you're hype and want to engage the community and converse with them but you don't need to start a thread every day to do that. A lot of people have been very sarcastic with you here, for better or worse, and I'm mostly surprised it's gone over your head almost each time.

You've made a lot of posts on the forum and the majority of them have had very childish tones and disjointed writing (again, even if it wasn't your intent) and people can find that extremely grating. I've been reading your comments and threads since they've been everywhere and you more often than not, even when you're trying to write about a serious topic, come off as being immature, not knowledgeable, or both.

I don't know if that's actually the case, but your voice as an authority is severely hindered when you do things like:

Start every post with a punhead. I can't overstate how obnoxious people (myself included) can find this, especially in an actual discussion. Driving a joke into the floor and then still waving it in people's faces is a sure way to not get people to listen to you, or take you seriously.

Make outrageous claims. (Calling Skarmand a spammer, or saying you have a perfect Mono Peacock)

Talk about things you might not totally understand. (Beam attacks and || THE BOUNCE ||) Mind you, when you talk about these things and you don't have firm support for what you're talking about you should feel free to ask questions! Everyone here is knowledgeable and someone will give you advice to improve.

General formatting, and writing style issues.
I've already spent an entire post talking about this. Try to keep from hitting enter between sentences unless you're making a list like this. Paragraphs are your friend for long posts since it makes your writing look clear and allows you to properly structure your ideas.

These are just some things I've observed and honestly I'm a little surprised this has gone on as long as it has. You probably have a lot of interesting things to say but it gets all muddled up in the fact your posts come across as being a disjointed mess most of the time. Everyone here (well, mostly everyone) would love to have more people post here and be constructive. There's no real need to be defensive, people are just trying to say what they find obnoxious about you. And, if you want people to not just get frustrated and/or laugh you off, you should probably take heed of that.

Last edited:
(The bald thing wasn't mine, but Mike Z. Should explain Filia's hair a bit)
Uhhh, do you know who Alex Ahad is?

but if you want a change in content, in stead of insults, you could be nice, at least, Skarmand.
The first thing you did after I said I wanted to get along was insult me.
You just made an entire public thread to call me a spammer lol.
Also the first thing I posted after that was "I was only pretending to be dumb!" because that's a common thing for people to do. Miss the joke, point, topic, say the wrong thing, then just say "Yeah I was just kidding! XD"
It wasn't really an insult, sorry if it hurt your feelings though.
No, I won't stop using Punheads, as they are the most important contribution to society in decades.
Oh well.
I also only posted game related threads today, just so you know.
'How Lab Zero Hires VAs'
and
'Concept Characters' (Which I'm pretty sure already exists)
are not very related to current Skullgirls gameplay

It's like all the threads you make /avoid/ gameplay because you don't understand it yet?
So! Punheads: good
Threads: good
Comments: good!
Epic content: coming soon!
Wellllllllllllllllllll..
I tried everyone.
Sorry I let you guys down.

In truth man you need some tweaking so work for the better man you can do it. You seem capable so just chill, make peace, and ease up a bit (Crap my posts need work too).

Wellllllllllllllllllll..
I tried everyone.
Sorry I let you guys down.

you still have the telporting napalm pillar

Just stop making so many fucking threads.

For every one thread you make that has good discussion (IF THAT EVEN EXISTS) you have like 9 shitty irrelevant ones that don't supply any discussion or anything interesting.

Just give it a rest. Post in other peoples threads, thats fine, go ahead, but FUCK.

he should write a thread on dealing with constructive criticism kappa

I know everyone wants me to do gameplay stuff, but the reason I've been avoiding it is because I'm moving. My new house is being built, and I don't really have access to the internet needed for SG matches. I usually post a random thread if I can't seem to find the subject on the site.
I also know who Ahad is. He's the other creator who doesn't post as much, so I usually direct things at Mike Z., because he's more likely to reply.

The VA thing was because I REALLY wanted to do Leduc, but it's not viable...

Making threads for the sake of making threads and just being loud is.... Ugh.

The VA thing was because I REALLY wanted to do Leduc, but it's not viable...
Leduc isn't in the game he doesn't need a VA.
I doubt you even have VA experience?

I dunno if I agree with:
I also only posted game related threads today.

How about until you're playing the game and all that and ready to make some good threads, don't make any more :S

Mike is not the person to ask about lore, so don't.
Actually don't ask Mike about anything, leave him alone.

except glitches, it's ok (i shouldn't of said that should i?)

The only thing I have to contribute to this is in anything anywhere every market your in... is to never over saturate it.
Other than that it's whateva man
But yeah just try joining others discussion sometimes

where can I vote that I didn't like the thread?

You can vote by not voting.

I agree that you should restrain yourself a bit when it comes to making threads, but if someone IS harassing you, just report them to a mod.

also, try not to bring Mike into things unless it's VERY important, and not more than once a month. he really doesn't like being brought into things that often from what I can tell. :P please dun hurt me if ya see this Mike!

feel free to join in some of the other threads. hell, even if a thread is dead, feel free to revive it if it's about something you generally want to talk about. there's no rule against reviving those threads.

punheads are not good

Reactions: gllt
yeah, probably best to lay off the punheads a bit too. it's okay to use them occasionally, but don't wear them out.

I agree that you should restrain yourself a bit when it comes to making threads, but if someone IS harassing you, just report them to a mod.

also, try not to bring Mike into things unless it's VERY important, and not more than once a month. he really doesn't like being brought into things that often from what I can tell. :P please dun hurt me if ya see this Mike!

feel free to join in some of the other threads. hell, even if a thread is dead, feel free to revive it if it's about something you generally want to talk about. there's no rule against reviving those threads.
I'll keep that in mind! Also, I have half a mind to commandeer the Leduc thread. That would be fun!

Also, one last thread: the recommendations/criticism thread for my posts. If I do that, I can keep things more organized!

Also, one last thread: the recommendations/criticism thread for my posts. If I do that, I can keep things more organized!

my recommendation: no, don't do this, this entire thread is THAT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.