• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Squiggly auto-uppercut

skullh34rt

Reaction score
Why does Squiggly automatically perform the uppercut when I hit a single punch button at certain points in combos? I have seen other players do an uppercut at this same point (which would be a terrible decision and almost always gets you hit) so I think it's not just me. Is this some feature of gameplay of which I am unaware?

Why does Squiggly automatically perform the uppercut when I hit a single punch button at certain points in combos? I have seen other players do an uppercut at this same point (which would be a terrible decision and almost always gets you hit) so I think it's not just me. Is this some feature of gameplay of which I am unaware?
You're probably accidentally doing a dragon punch motion, plus punch which sets it off, I've done it before.

Squigly's HP Draugen Punch (DP) will automatically come out instead of letting you hold it in order to enable the charged version (lvl2/Seria HP DP) to have invincible startup, including the stance startup. The LP/MP versions don't have this and thus you're able to hold, charge, and cancel them at will, but they don't have invincible stance startup.

What is likely happening is that you're fudging your inputs and trying to stance cancel (stancel) with HP, which would lead to your issue.

Cleaning up your inputs would help. One tip is to do Half Circle Forwards (HCF or 41236) which would guarantee that you never get an accidental DP when stanceling.

Don't feel too bad about missing this feature... it was sort of a recent-ish stealth-update. I don't think it explicitly mentions this anywhere in-game.

In addition to what @Luweewu mentioned, you can also try Stanceling out of Dragon's Tail (236KK) instead of Dragon's Breath, or using one of the various other Stancel commands (236PP, 236P~PP, PP(on hit, with Seria)). Just avoid pressing 623HP, because it'll do the auto-Draugen Punch whether or not you actually have the invulnerable Seria version ready.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure this is correct for what I'm seeing. This usually happens to me without hitting any directions at all. I'll try to pinpoint an example. I see it happen after doing standard Squigly air combos, usually after a medium kick and then landing, hitting quick punch or medium punch. It happens sometimes after hitting down to forward quick kick or medium kick in the air, then landing and hitting quick punch or medium punch. If this is related to the quarter circle forward motion, I still think it shouldn't be doing the uppercut because I'm not hitting any directions when I land, after the down to forward kick comes out.

Hey, thanks for your response. I sat in training mode for like an hour trying to get it to happen and couldn't, but I still see this happen during matches occasionally, when I am definitely not pressing any directions. I can't discount the possibility that it's my controller or that I am somehow very rarely massively screwing up my input without realizing it. Sorry I don't have anything more concrete than that. I'll follow up if I can pinpoint anything more.