• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Steam Launch Options

Sydoh

Silent Dolphin
Administrator
Reaction score
Steam
Sydoh
PSN
worldjem7
Ms. Fortune
List of launch options for Skullgirls on Steam.

Command: -ignorefocus
Effect: Allows the game to receive input even if the game window is not active.

Command: -enablereplays
Effect: Enables replay saving. Will save a replay after every match the game runs.
Press LP during a replay to display hitboxes, and press LK to display the players' inputs.

Command: -debugkeys
Effect: With this enabled, extra debug functionality is available in Training Mode or Replay Theater (-enablereplays):
-- The minus - key (on the full keyboard, not on the numpad): Press it once to place the game in slow-motion. Press it again to stop the game completely. While the game is stopped, pressing the key again will advance the game by a single frame. That's the important bit. :^)
-- The plus + key, does the opposite of the minus key.
-- The zero 0 key, toggles between regular speed and stopped.

Command: -disablelighting
Effect: Removes most lighting effects from the game to help run on worse computers, but reduces visual quality.

Command: -extrasupershadows
Effect: Adds extra trailing shadows when performing blockbusters.
This is a feature is from the PS4 version.

Command: -ctrlshiftdrag
Effect: Window only becomes moveable by the mouse while holding CTRL+SHIFT

Command: -defaultkeys
Effect: Resets the keybindings to default on startup. Able to configure settings afterward, but will reset until this is removed.

Command: -nomenuwrap
Effect: Disables menu wrapping when you reach the end of a list.
Example: Hitting down at the bottom of a list will do nothing, you have to scroll back to the top manually.

Command: -noonlineconfirm
Effect: Disables the confirmation message when selecting your team online.

Command: -showonlinebars
Effect: Visually displays the connection quality during online matches.

Command: -fs
Effect: Sets the game to fullscreen. Alt+Tab will force the game to minimize.

Command: -fw
Effect: Sets the game to fullscreen windowed. The game will act like a normal window, but take up the entire screen.

Command: -res #x#
Effect: Sets the screen resolution.
Example: -res 1920x1080

Command: -sc #.#
Effect: Sets the screen scale multiplier.
Example: -sc 1.0

Command: -vjoyfix
Effect: Forces the game to poll a controller's POV hat if the driver says it's supported.
Warning: This removes functionality of PS3 controllers and other similar direct input controllers.

Command: -c filename (development option)
Effect: Specifies a custom config file. Config file includes video settings and button config.

Command: -log (beta only)
Effect: Creates a file that logs the game's actions and processing. Allows a developer to identify bugs in the game.
Log files can be found under Documents/Skullgirls Beta
Use this when you find a bug or game crash you can recreate consistently.

Command: -ascendhigher
Effect: Increases native input delay from 3-4 frames to 6-7 frames.

Useful options for blind players:

Command: -useclipboard
Effect: Copies the text in the game to the clipboard to allow other software to speak it. Adds a sound to the recovery spark.

Command: -useclipboardsound
Effect: Same as -useclipboard but adds a sound every time you move the cursor.

Last edited:
concerning this: Command: -cfilename
Effect: Specifies a custom config file. Config file includes video settings and button config.

I want to know how to make one (assuming I'll need a text editor) and tweak it so the game starts windowed (already enabled in-game) TopLeft corner. Any help would be great!

Updated with the -enablereplays command.

You forgot -ctrlshiftdrag

(I think that's what it is I'm on my phone i can't check. I don't know if it was in the patchnotes or not)

It stops you from moving around the window with the mouse unless you are holding shift and control, because I always click my widows to select them constantly before ignorefocus existed, which would nudge it around.

Also you should probably note that -log only works in beta and is located and printed to documents / Skullgirls beta

Updated the post. I can't remember anything about CTRL+SHIFT drag, so I'll take your word for it.

From today's patch notes:
Command: -extrasupershadows
Effect: enables PS4 super shadows on PC.

concerning this: Command: -cfilename

I want to know how to make one (assuming I'll need a text editor) and tweak it so the game starts windowed (already enabled in-game) TopLeft corner. Any help would be great!
@worldjem
It's...not that kind of config file. That's actually a development option, for specifying stuff that doesn't do anything in the real game. :^P

Oh, then how should I describe it? Should we even bother having it up there?

wasn't there a option to change the glass canopy stage music?

-ifearchange (?)

Nevermind, you have to actually type ifearchange on the start up of Skullgirls during the logos.

Last edited: