• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Sticking Buttons

Sparties

SUPERSOAKER
Reaction score
I have a crappy F310 Logitech controller (most people cringe when I tell them I do), and my A button is sticking.
If you're unsure what controller I'm talking about, here's a visual.
f310-gaming-gamepad-images.png

(P.S., sorry if this doesn't belong here!)
Are there any quick fixes for this? I'm scared to open the controller and take a look because I'm so clumsy, I'm scared I'll flub something up.
If there's not a quick fix, can you recommend me controllers? ;-;

I used to have this problem too.
Then the whole controller stopped working completely.
I ended up switching to a normal Xbox 360 controller, even if I don't recommend it.

I had that with my Xbox 360 controller once. I disassembled it, reassembed it and the problem got away. I suspected it could be caused by dirt so I did clean up the buttons while it was in pieces, perhaps that was indeed behind the problem.

If you don't feel confident enough to try doing it with your controller and end up buying a new one, I do recommend the Xbox 360 pad. That is, if using the left analog stick for movement sounds ok for you. I very much like to, but I know not everyone's a fan and lots of people prefer using a D-pad, which in the 360 pad is neither stellar nor placed in a comfortable area.

It ended up breaking anyway and now I have an even worse controller.
enghhhh

I know how that feels - trust me, while an Xbox 360 controller isn't the best, at least its sturdy (usually).
I'd recommend an Xbox One controller instead though, if you can get the drivers.

I'm gonna be honest though, like all I use is D-Pad. Analog feels completely foreign to me.
That's why I don't think I'll ever get a fightstick or a hitbox, I would suck shit with either one.
I feel more comfortable with Logitech because that's what I've been using ever since I started with SkullGirls beta.
The one I have right now (ain't even Logi) has such a stiff D-Pad that I can hardly Tumble Run or Napalm Tear as Parasoul. Airdashes are just as hard.
Like, I have to one-finger death punch one direction or mash on it multiple times just to dash or flat-out make a move work. QCs are hard as shit right now.