• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Studio Ghibli Thread

Jutsei

Unwavering Hype
Reaction score
Website
jutsei.deviantart.com
Steam
Jutsei
PSN
Animeking194
Peacock Painwheel Unknown
So, right at the end of December last year, one of my close friends started talking about The Cat Returns, which is a Studio Ghibli film, and combined with Doug Walker's Studio Ghibli filmed month of daily reviews, I decided I was going to resolve to see all of the Studio Ghibli movies by year's end.
So I found my family's old DVD of Spirited Away, bought TCR and it's semi-prequel, and. Wow.
Let's just say I chose a good New Years Resolution

So while I'm still high on good feelings from those movies (And it's been two weeks), I decided I might as well make a thread where other people can talk about it and stuff!

Though, Studio Ghibli is also making an anime, and also assisted with Ni No Kuni's art style, so there's also that to talk about as well.

So, yeah! Any Studio Ghibli movie or related thing, discuss it here

Also here's this beautiful box set that's not available in America

Didn't Takahata direct a new film just recently? Why have I heard so little about it?

The two most recent films are The Tale of Princess Kaguya, and When Marnie Was There.
And while their concepts sound great, apparently they didn't do too well financially