• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Taunt References

Pickles

VT scene?
Reaction score
Steam
Pickles (/id/shamanlord)
PSN
PS_Shamanlord (but I rarely use this for SG)
Filia Double Painwheel
Now that everyone has taunts, as someone who has only played SF4 and Skullgirls, a lot of the taunt input references are lost on me. I'm curious what all of the references are? I'll edit this post with replies so it can serve as a reference of sorts for the taunt inputs. The ones I know:

Beowulf: Jon Talbain's Moment Slice (from Darkstalkers)
Big Band: Morrigan's Cryptic Needle (from Darkstalkers)
Cerebella: Inverse of Beowulf's
Double:
Eliza: Anarkis' Pharaoh Magic (from Darkstalkers)
Filia: Demitri's Midnight Pleasure (from Darkstalkers)
Fukua: Inverse of Filia's
Ms. Fortune:
Painwheel:
Parasoul:
Peacock: Lei-Lei's Tenraiha (from Darkstalkers)
Robo-Fortune: Dan's Otoko Michi (from Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter)
Squigly: Akuma's Raging Demon (from Street Fighter)
Valentine:

Last edited:
Reactions: SmashBlade
Filia/Fukua's are Midnight Bilss, with one of them with the correct input and the other with a reversed input

Reactions: Pickles
I completely forgot about tenrai-ha, I knew that one but ty for the others (are all the ones I don't know darkstalkers?)

Filia/Fukua's are Midnight Bilss, with one of them with the correct input and the other with a reversed input

I think mike said Filia's was midnight pleasure, which would make fukua's midnight bliss.

I guess it makes sense because midnight bliss is the super that people get when they mess up midnight pleasure?

Oh also Fortune's taunt is the opposite of robo's I think

Filia's is midnight pleasure, but upon research the input for midnight bliss (at least in vsav, was it different in older games?) is inverted DP.

um parasoul's is a reference to chun li's from third strike
latest

Cere's is also the flipped-side of Beowulf's taunt, and by extension a flipped Moment Slice

Pretty sure that Double's taunt is an ideal pushblock from VSav?

I'm pretty sure Squigly's is Darkness Illusion.

I'm pretty sure Squigly's is Darkness Illusion.
AKA Akuma's Raging Demon

Damn, I just checked, Raging Demon came out 4 months before Darkness Illusion. I guess that's why Squigly's taunt is Air OK

Mike said Bella's is an inverse of Beowulf's.

Pretty sure that Double's taunt is an ideal pushblock from VSav?
I thought pushblock was LK, LP, MP, HP, HK, MK? So I guess it's the reverse of a VSav pushblock?

I think Mike said on Salty! that Double's taunt is the code to select Dan in SFA.

I always wondered why Vampire had such a knack for these funky as hell inputs

oh crackcom you crazy

I suggest update the OP with the gifs for the taunts to ilustrate the descriptions.

TAUNTS

tumblr_nnphhhwPHH1tert8xo1_1280.gif
tumblr_nnpgk0GMRe1tert8xo1_500.gif
tumblr_nnphipN4BI1tert8xo1_400.gif
tumblr_nnphkovRGX1tert8xo1_400.gif
tumblr_nnphjtok0O1tert8xo1_500.gif
tumblr_nnphtonybf1tert8xo1_400.gif
tumblr_nnphqdS5TX1tert8xo1_500.gif
tumblr_nnphssEYDj1tert8xo1_400.gif
tumblr_nnphrplXv51tert8xo1_500.gif

Reactions: Era
Beowulf: Jon Talbain's Moment Slice (from Darkstalkers)
It ain't even just the input, lul. Beowulf has so many Talbain references it borderlines on copyright.