• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Team Builder General

Thoughts on Filia / Parasoul / Robo?

I find all three of these characters get along and I can play the team in basically any order, so long as I shuffle assists around. I currently play it so my team has one DP assist, one lockdown assist and one neutral assist. It cuts as follows:

Filia has a DP and a lockdown assist.
Robo has a lockdown and a neutral assist.
Parasoul has a DP and neutral assist.

They all cover 2/3 options so there's a lot of potential team orders. F/R/P is my preferred order as it gives Filia access to Theonite Beam and Napalm Pillar, as well as building a bit of meter for Robo. Robo / Parasoul is a strong zoning core that builds meter and does plenty of damage. Robo also has access to a DP assist to help her on defense. Parasoul anchors since she's the strongest anchor on the team imo.

I also really like the reverse order. P/R/F gives Parasoul access to Theonite and Updo, giving her a rock solid ground game. Robo can convert off Parasoul supers easily while Filia can convert off of Robo's with ease. The team flows quite well imo, but I'm still very new to this game so there might be further optimizations.

I am really curious to try P/F/R where Parasoul and Filia build meter for Robo. The thinking is that Filia has a lot of great metered defensive options and can DHC into Robo lvl 3 if she ever gets blocked. I'm too new to understand Robo lvl 3 setups but I've seen better players use it as a safe DHC.

Any thoughts on this stuff?

Edit: After experimenting a bit this morning, I think Ms. Fortune might make for a better point character than Filia. She doesn't provide the team order flexibility that Filia does but she builds so much meter that Robo can shoot anyone she wants. This team is very much a WIP though.

Last edited:
I think a team like this is pretty well rounded.

Robo is a big fan of either DP and Hairball or Napalm Shot are excellent additions to Robo's toolkit while Robo can supply a safe DHC in magnet (varying on distance) and detonate mode.

Parasoul provides a safe-ish DHC for both characters and loves beam and can use hairball pretty decently though a DP assist might help her not commit to pillar as much for a get off me. Para can convert from beam super almost anywhere because of bikes or silent scope

Filia I'm not entirely sure what she gives but she's a demon with either projectile assist though napalm pillar helps with her defense. Filia's gregor is a great DHC super since it can convert from robo's or parasoul's super from nearly anywhere while being able to start her pressure as a result.

I wouldn't discount orders with point Robo she's a great point character and I think Filia can tag from Robo if Robo does 5HP which is great but robo can also do well on point get a hit then dhc to filia or parasoul where either one will proceed to do mix ups.

It's a team that can play it safe but also has the aggressiveness when it needs it imo.

Reactions: Kankato
After playing pretty regularly for a few days I have fulfilled the meme. I moved away from Filia on point and swapped her for Valentine. The change really opened this team up and I'm very happy with how it's turned out. The current team is:

Valentine (H Bypass)
Robo Fortune (Theonite H)
Parasoul (Napalm Pillar)

Valentine on point gives me so many positioning and gameplay options that matchups are never boring. I feel like I have the proper tools to fight anyone. I can use Beam to run away, zone, approach, lock down, basically anything I could ask. Should I get hit, I have a DP assist to get people off my back. Val/Robo's biggest problem is that they both have fairly poor defenses but amazing neutral so it gives the team a glass cannon dynamic, but I have so many options that I'm not really bothered.

Robo / Parasoul is very fun to play. It's a zoning shell that needs meter to really pop off, but Valentine builds meter quite easily. In addition, Parasoul and Robo massively benefit from each other's assists. Parasoul gets a beam to help against zoners while Robo gets a DP to patch her poor defenses. I have considered running L Napalm shot instead of Napalm Pillar for some vs zoner matchups but I haven't looked too far into it (I'm still learning all my bnbs )

I was worried about DHC options with this team. Since Egret super can be PBGC'd through by most of the cast, all my safe DHC options cost 3 meters, not 2. With that said, I think this isn't too far off of other Val / Robo shells. I know Tyrone O Canada runs Val / Robo / Double and uses catheads to safely DHC into pressure with 3 meter. I don't have that option on this team, but I can DHC into Robo or Parasoul lvl 3 to get out of a pinch. That's not dissimilar to how I've seen Tyrone's team function. The returns on Parasoul lvl 3 are not as strong as Double catheads on block, but Parasoul on point is a perfectly acceptable position imo.

Another concern that might be unfounded is vial combo routes. I don't know how good vial combos are with Theonite and Pillar, but I'm optimistic about their potential. Putting poison on people and reseting them over and over is fun as heck, even if it's not optimal.

I've seen a combo with Parasoul that uses H Bypass, s.hk and Wall Bounces to do a lot of damage. Idk if that's optimal, but it will be fun to learn.