• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The BnB group providing Skullgirls training sessions for YOU! (yes, you)

Muro

Dazed Muro Announcer
Reaction score
Steam
StopMuroTime
Peacock Big Band Beowulf
Hello all!

There's this fighting game-themed Steam group known as Bread and Butter, which you might know by its previous incarnations, be it the ASG Labs for some months or as UOTS for a long time before that. It's pretty active in groupchat all around the clock and an initiative has been started lately to put that activity to good use.

With the help of some practiced players such as @mcpeanuts, @SScrux or @IsaVulpes to name a few, we're providing a tutor-apprentice learning experience between helpful volunteers and players interested in said help. Whether you're a beginner needing a hand with basics or an advanced player who hit a wall and is searching for a way to improve further, why not drop in our group chat and say hi! And/or visit our training appointment thread. We'll try and find someone for you in your region and desired skill level.

See you in BnB!

(don't be surprised if there's non-SG talk when you join the chat btw, the group unites enthusiasts of fighting games in all shapes and colors. Hey, even Skullgirls! Fancy that.)

Last edited:
Cool I'll join im always looking to get better.

I'm already part of the group. I just been so off the wall busy I couldn't stop by to get any help >_>

Indeed, the link to the training appointment thread is included in the OP now.

I, too, will endorse this here thing that is happening. Please join this here thing that is happening.

You'd also be welcomed with open arms if you joined the group proper, and we may even be nice to you while we do it.

and we may even be nice to you while we do it.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Actually the group is really nice! They're also cynical and will make fun of basically anything, jump off on random tangents at a whim, and have tons of Orange Juice just because. Is nice. I should really spend more time in the group.

Hi, I am from EU and can help you (yes, you! .. no, not you Woofly) if you have any questions regarding this game or just want to play some matches with or without critique!
I have a reasonable connection to USE too, although timezones could be a hassle there pertaining matches.. would have to figure that out then; just ask! Questions are neat.

I do not really hang out in the Group Chat and disdain Steam Threads (in particular since that one is getting bloated with people from USW requesting help in SF4 and the likes), so if there's something you want from me specifically, best to just drop a note into this very thread here on Skullheart.
I have it ~favourited~, so as long as the Forum Software operates properly, I will get an Alert anytime anybody posts anything in here - and as such will catch any Senpai requests.

Don't be afraid to ask ask ask ask!! && Good Luck on your Quest - may this become your happy hunting ground! :)

Reactions: Mr Peck
Oh hey, it's Muro. Thanks for getting back to me on that one Steam discussion about Airwulf. I would loovve help. As I posted in the introductions thread, I'm not even that sure how good I am at the game. Nightmare on Arcade is a cakewalk for me (i frequently get perfects if i'm in tryhard mode (and abusing the shit out of grab bag and battle butt), but I get eaten in any sort of online matchmaking. I love the hell out of this game, so I'd be very interested in any sort of assistance, especially since I like talking about this game in general. I'll certainly look into the group.

Reactions: North888
I posted. Cool thing.

Just a note if anyone from Oceania sees this, we have a very active and close knit steam group called Skullgirls Oceanic with a few advanced players who are prepared to teach anyone, a few mid level players and a fairly continual stream of beginners to play with too.

Reactions: Yomabuddy
Sounds awesome, thanks for setting this up!

Just a note if anyone from Oceania sees this, we have a very active and close knit steam group called Skullgirls Oceanic with a few advanced players who are prepared to teach anyone, a few mid level players and a fairly continual stream of beginners to play with too.

Hey I remember you guys! I can vouch for em. It's been awhile since I visited them but they're doing good work for the Oceanic scene.

As for everyone else, thank you very much for signing up. It looks like most people want help on the weekends, so I think I'll set up a special event every weekend specifically for training. I know it's a multi-game group, but we actually have set days for each game, so they don't clash with each other. Fridays are Skullgirls days, where we have lobbies every week and tournaments once a month, but it could be beneficial to also make an event where people come in and pair up with a teacher for walk-in training.

I'd love to coach some EU players.
EDIT: But then again, I already do. I try to play as many EU players as possible and give them advice when I can.

I'm pretty sure i'm part of this group

I want matches

I dunno when I'll have time but I'd like to participate...

We could use more teachers. Hopefully you get a free day soon.

Hi, I am from EU and can help you if you have any questions regarding this game or just want to play some matches with or without critique!

I'll happilly take you up on this offer about some matches with critique, especially since if I remember correctly from the EU Danisen thread you're playing the same team as I do. So it feels like you might have a couple of ideas on how I could improve.

Have been busy and not able to play lately though, but that should change soon. So if you feel like helping me out then just tell me anytime you have time and feel like it, and I'm online aswell of course. You should already have me added, I think, so you should see when I'm online.

I'll join. =)

Hey all. We're still offering training sessions, so please full free to drop a comment in the thread (posted in the original post) to take advantage of our training options.

Reactions: Muro
Also if you've signed up before please let us know if you'd like continuing sessions. If you have a preferred teacher we can keep track of it. Give em work:PUN:

Also, calling out for a couple more teachers. We got a demand for US players. If you could spare some time it'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

If you are in the America north of South America, and also play Craniumfemales, and ALSO also want to play in a battle competition, join this
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/WcazCaSvmL

Go into the BnB Steam chat room before 17:00 CST, and you'll be signed up

EDIT: we've expanded to all of North America

Last edited: