• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Claymore Thread

Epic_of_Enkidu

Master of the 80's
Reaction score
Steam
Epic_of_Enkidu
PSN
Epic_of_Enkindu
XBL
EpicOfEnkindu
Valentine Ms. Fortune Filia
So, my local library finally got volumes 21 & 22 in stock and I finished reading them. Now I'm hyped on Claymore again, so without further adieu.

claymore_wallpaper_by_willko307.jpg

Welcome Silver-Eyed Slayers! Set aside your blade, grab a seat, and let us celebrate the awesomeness that is Claymore! Whether you wish to talk about the book, the anime, your favorite warrior, the intriguing lore, the epic battles, show off some fanart/Fan-fic you found, or you just wanna gush about your favorite pairings, this is your one-stop thread for everything Claymore.

Spoiler. Don't click if you haven't read chapter 142.
In loving memory of Clarice. Your noble sacrifice for the child you loved will never be forgotten.
142027.jpg

Last edited:
The manga is among the best ongoing ones I've read thus far, what with the great (albeit in battle scenes (which were incredibly well-animated in the anime), well-developed characters, and really engaging plot, although the characters have become so darn numerous I've had to reread from after the time skip to really figure out what's going on. Nonetheless, I can't wait for the big, hopefully epic finale.

the big, hopefully epic finale.

That's where the series seems to be heading into if you've been reading the fan translations online. I just wanna see Priscilla's head on a pike. Girl's been cheating death more times than Ridley of Metroid Fame!

Reactions: Lemonade Grenade
I haven't read the manga in a good while. I need to pick it back up.

The anime was definitely great. The only thing the anime messed up on was the 'Battle in the North' Arc. I wish they would make an OVA on it.

I haven't read the manga in a good while. I need to pick it back up.

The anime was definitely great. The only thing the anime messed up on was the 'Battle in the North' Arc. I wish they would make an OVA on it.

I agree. The anime followed the story pretty well and the animation was beautiful, but the end...meh. Even though I enjoy a good "Final Boss Fight in an Active Valcano" scenario it just felt rushed and cheap, plus they had Isley show up outta nowhere and stopping the fight. At least the action was intense.

I'd definately like to see and OVA, or better yet, a second season! :D

I'd definately like to see and OVA, or better yet, a second season! :D

That's if Madhouse feels like making a second season. They'll probably wait till the manga is finished before doing so.

That's if Madhouse feels like making a second season. They'll probably wait till the manga is finished before doing so.
Good point. Here's hoping! :D

Someone needs to make a version of the manga with hyperlinks so I can click on one of the fifty identical warrior girls to see a character wiki so I can remind myself who the hell they are again

Reactions: Epic_of_Enkidu
So in the latest manga issue, Teresa is somehow coming back through her/Clare's body. To me, this sounds like a bit of a cop-out so that:
1. They can re-introduce Teresa and show us more of her powers (possibly her awakened form? Only speculating here).
2. "Clare" can avenge Teresa's killer without awakening as herself, because she can't do that.
Seeing Clare as that little girl again, while a useful reminder of what Clare used to be, left me wondering if she actually developed at all as a character over the last 100 chapters or so. Unless, of course, Clare has actually been regrowing Teresa inside her since she became a Claymore, which would be the biggest reveal in the manga thus far.
I can't even.

So in the latest manga issue, Teresa is somehow coming back through her/Clare's body. To me, this sounds like a bit of a cop-out so that:
1. They can re-introduce Teresa and show us more of her powers (possibly her awakened form? Only speculating here).
2. "Clare" can avenge Teresa's killer without awakening as herself, because she can't do that.
Seeing Clare as that little girl again, while a useful reminder of what Clare used to be, left me wondering if she actually developed at all as a character over the last 100 chapters or so. Unless, of course, Clare has actually been regrowing Teresa inside her since she became a Claymore, which would be the biggest reveal in the manga thus far.
I can't even.

Wow, I should have kept up with the manga (I lost track after Clare was reunited with Raki). Anyway, that does sound like sort of a cop-out. Still, I wanna see if they go after whoever is really behind the Organization. I feel like they're only a fraction of the bad guys now that's it's revealed the entire continent was testing grounds for new weapons to fight dragons. I'll be pretty disappointed if Claymore ends after Priscilla dies.

Please don't tell me Helen and Deneve are dead by now. I couldn't bear to hear that, especially after Clarice sacrificed herself. :(

Please don't tell me Helen and Deneve are dead by now. I couldn't bear to hear that, especially after Clarice sacrificed herself. :(
They're not. All of those folks are still alive.
Also, I assumed too much from appearances from the chapter where Teresa takes over. Clare actually developed as a character, the child's just an avatar that might be what Teresa sees of Clare. I'm quite relieved.

Also, I assumed too much from appearances from the chapter where Teresa takes over. Clare actually developed as a character, the child's just an avatar that might be what Teresa sees of Clare. I'm quite relieved.

Phew. If Teresa did come back, that would pull the rug out from the entire plot since her death pretty much kicked things off.

Teresa has awakened. And she's fighting Priscilla basically turned Hydra.
Brace yourselves.