• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The end of the line... (Future of SG)

Kitsuziza

Reaction score
Steam
Illiad
Valentine Peacock
It's not my intent to make a baww thread but I do have a question which I would like to pose to the community.

When skullgirls receives it's last update how long do you think you'll continue to post on this forum?

I've been following Skullgirls since before it came out, I remember the hype I had at hearing about how the plan was to release more characters as time when on. The idea that an American developer was going give Japaneses fighters a run for their money. How well the game was first received among fans and the competitive scene alike and of course the year of silence. When Skullgirls did finally let everyone know what had happened I was disappointed but happy to get some closure on the issue.

Then we had the Indiegogo campaign. The idea that we could get one more character was awesome it was to be the swan song of Skullgirls one last bow before the curtain fell. I checked the Indiegogo everyday to see how close we were to making this a reality. But it quickly became apparent that people were not content with just a swan song as we passed our goal for squiggly in like two days. The indiegogo proved to me that I was with a big group of like minded people who all wanted this game to succeed. While the Indiegogo campaign let me know that we had a core group that wanted the game to do well the fan voted character polls let me know that a much bigger group of people were interested in the game. No matter what fighting game thread you got on everyone seemed to have an opinion on the subject. Even though we were alerted to the fact that the developers actually did not see much of the money made off Skullgirls given all the trials and tribulations the team and fans had gone through I was sure with the new characters and Japanese arcade release of the game. Skullgirls would find a way to keep growing.

Now while I'm not saying there is no way for that to happen. As the months have crawled on and we've seen the release of Squiggly, Big Band and Fukua we've yet to hear any news of lab zeroes financial state improving. Other than the fact that they now make a percent off every copy that is sold we've been told again and again that an attempt to make the game perfect is key because there is yet to be any guarantee that lab zero will be able to continue work of the game once the Indiegogo funds have been depleted. While I don't particularly like this news that's the reality of the situation and I've come to accept it. The fine people at lab zero have done so much fighting to keep this game alive. From working crazy overtime to working almost for free, they each deserve fair compensation for what they've done and when the time comes to close the doors on Skullgirls no one can say they didn't do everything possible to make the game as great as it could be. So this question is to the community.

When the last Indiegogo patch lands if there is no update to the future of Skullgirls how much longer do you think you will continue to post on Skullheart?

I for one believe that it will take some time for the community to figure out all their is to know about the game play of Skullgirls I think Skullheart will live on for sometime but Skullgirls is a unique fighting game in the sense that a lot of out fan base does not play the game at a ultra high level. So the question does have me curious.

To be clear I'm not asking how much longer you think you'll play Skullgirls, Skullgirls is a great game and great games stand the test of time. I hope we all play Skullgirls for a long time to come. My question is how long do you think you'll be an active member in the community once it's all said and done.

Last edited:
I'll tell you this
As long as these fingers can keep pressing buttons I'll play SG
Even after I can't press 'em I'll just mash my face on my pad
It's not like my gameplay will change or anything

I'll stick around for as long as SH is up. I dunno, I just feel like...even after the last patch or update or whatever to SG, I still have hope that it'll expand into the game/franchise it's meant to be. And if it doesn't, that's okay too. I genuinely enjoy the game, its characters and this site.

Thinking about this makes me wonder how big the MVC2 community was before the arrival of MVC3.

Either until I get bored or fed up of the game. I'm not sure. That might never happen

I don't really care though. I've been playing since summer and I don't even have a week here yet

As long as the Skullheart forums exist I'll be lurking if I can. RL Can get int he way at times but I plan to keep a window open.

Just because developer support stops does not mean a game is dead.

A game dies once people stop playing it competitively.

Want the game to survive, GO TO TOURNAMENTS!
Thinking about this makes me wonder how big the MVC2 community was before the arrival of MVC3.
HUGE!

Reactions: Broken Loose
I go to all the tournaments I hear about just wish there were more in texas!

I just want people to keep going to tournaments. :( This community is so fun to just hang out with/be around.

I'd also like MORE people to go to tournaments in general, but I'm no miracle worker.

Just because developer support stops does not mean a game is dead.

A game dies once people stop playing it competitively.

True.

On my behalf, I will play it forever because I like it too much. I cannot assist to tournaments because there isn't any on my area, and the US is very far from here.
However, I'll still play the game and talk here. I was away for a few months, but now I'm back :3