• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Future of the Z-Engine

Zephyrel

Hmph.
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Steam
Zephyreles
Peacock Big Band Cerebella
So, now that Skullgirls is finally done for the time being (or at least, juuuuust about, sans an unfinished would-be feature like replays which will forever be beta and who knows what else), and the further pursuits of those at Lab Zero, it leaves me to wonder, what is the future of the Z-Engine going down the line? I'm fairly certain at this point it's going to be the engine powering their up and coming Action RPG, Indivisble, considering the high def 2D Art, and there is, for all those MLP+Fighting game fans out there, of course, the up-and-coming Fighting is Magic by team Mane6. Considering how delicious the engine is, and the current allowance of people getting on it now to do some key things and features such as Linux Support, and the amazing community we have here of assorted talent, and where we have such things as Skullmod to allow for custom levels, what are the plans for the Z-engine going down the line?

Are there any plans for allowing people to toy with or license the engine, whether for free or for proprietary?

Are there plans for rehauls of existing systems for future usage (Replays, and especially OtterUI and all the complaints I've heard about it in over time come to mind) and overall refining?