• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Game Awards (2018) Thread

Jutsei

Unwavering Hype
Reaction score
Website
jutsei.deviantart.com
Steam
Jutsei
PSN
Animeking194
Peacock Painwheel Unknown
Welp, it's around that time of year again, where awards for this years best (and worst) get thrown out left and right, and more often than not there's some choices that piss people off, or make people feel like the whole things a waste of time.
So, why on Earth would this years Game Awards get a thread like Playstation Experience and E3?
Well, usually, there's a lot of game reveals, game trailers, and just fun lil' reveals sprinkled in between reveals, fun to discuss, right?

... This year, Geoff Keighly claims that this years Game Awards will have "The most amount of new announcements at the Game Awards" yet.
With the cancellation of this year's Playstation Experience (And no Sony at E3!) We can only assume this is where some of the Sony annoucements went!

Plus, given that this is a televised event... you never know.

Anyway, yeah, discuss The Game Awards here (Only two weeks away!), what you hope to see, and who you feel deserves awards

The award nominees areeeeeee... here.

And yes, I'm aware I'm gun jumping, remember when I made a thread for 2014's Game Awards which was the actual worst? I sure do. But, let's hope this years better.

Tetris Effect got robbed, shoulda gotten nominated for a lot more than just VR

Pretty confident the next Mortal Kombat game's gonna be revealed here

Reactions: Jutsei
Just posting here so I can follow this trainwreck.

Reactions: Jutsei
Considering one of the best and most consistent content creators was snubbed again (Maximilian) I'm just going to go meh at that category and watch for annoucments on his channel with the rest of his fans when it is on.

I'm tellin' ya right now, if SonicFox doesn't win anything, this whole thing is rigged.
I'm also very very very wary that Red Dead Redemption 2 will sweep the awards, which is what I REALLY don't want.
Because that'd be like saying God of War and Spider-Man PS4 have absolutely no merits, and no, they totally deserve at least one award.

Red Dead 2 is just thrown out into every category and if it wins all of them, boy am I gonna be mad.

Poor Celeste tho, ain't no way it's gonna win Game of the Year

Josef Fares will be there at the Game Awards.
Are we gonna get Fuck The Oscars: Part 2?

Another VERY interesting note.
There's a video on twitter going around with Reggie and Geoff hanging out, Geoff briefly mentions how Smash Bros is taking the thunder away from The Game Awards, and Reggie tells him "We'll be there, and we'll have something Special!'
Note: Smash Bros Ultimate in Japan is called Smash Bros Special.

Reactions: ArgonBern
Mortal Kombat 11 on April 23.

Mind Blown, it saved the show from the Red Dead 2 Suckfest.

Why wasn't it Jack Frost?! He's actually on a Nintendo console!

Also I guess my hunch was right, they're announcing the first DLC the day before Smash.

No.
I've seen other gay furries on his twitter criticising his speech. Don't know if they were black or not, but that should tell you much.

"Please Wrap It Up"