• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The "Let's over-analyse social media updates" thread

Corridor89

Reaction score
Double Painwheel
New trailer just dropped

Shockingly it appears that Black Dahlia will be a set up character with projectiles.
Dahlia seems like marriage material to be honest.
Looks interesting, I wonder how many gadgets she'll end up having. I was anticipating something very gun heavy. Lots of explosives and maybe even mines, flamethrowers and such.

I also wonder her stage will be, since the obvious choice of Medici Tower is already in the game.
The voice acting is nice, I think Wendee Lee has always been a good choice for her and it's nice and distinct from her Sekhmet voice (making her the second Skullgirls va to voice more than one playable character, I believe). I am excited, honestly. I always love villain characters.

Reactions: Holy Goose

Bankenstein8

Reaction score
Big Band Beowulf Unknown
Dahlie seems like narriage material to be honest.
Looks interesting, I wonder how many gadgets she'll end up having. I was anticipating something very gun heavy. Lots of explosives and maybe even mines, flamethrowers and such.

I also wonder her stage will be, since the obvious choice of Medici Tower is already in the game.
The voice acting is nice, I think Wendee Lee has always been a good choice for her and it's nice and distinct from her Sekhmet voice (making her the second Skullgirls va to voice more than one playable character, I believe). I am excited, honestly. I always love villain characters.
unknown (4).png

This is the concept art for her stage. I think sharing a VA with a previous character isn't too noticeable since Sekhmet's VA is different from Eliza's and thus not the "main" voice for the character.

Corridor89

Reaction score
Double Painwheel

Stuff

Has something to say despite not wanting to.
Reaction score
I was hoping for Justice nukes and I got them, I can't tell if they are able to be set off independently or not, I'd reckon not but either way I'm super interested and can't wait to see her other movement options I'm really hoping she's more of an evasive runaway type character.

Holy Goose

Science Shark Supporter
Reaction score
Steam
eestifisher
Unknown Unknown Unknown
Excuse me, I need to scream a little. It's just too awesome.

Okay. Nice to know that some fan predictions were correct. Black Dahlia looks very promising. Can't wait to see her in action, especially in Mobile.
But my hope to get Adam is crushed with the appearance of rechargeable weapons.

The voice acting is nice, I think Wendee Lee has always been a good choice for her
Is it her?
Or was it confirmed, that she will reprise the role?

Reactions: Caleb

tristePinguino

Droppin' combos like they're hot!
Reaction score
Filia
It's cool to see Valentine's updated design already in effect!

Something about Marie's appearance on this banner seems suspicious to me...

The image on the vertical banner looks like an altered version of the one used as the header image for the Skullgirls Mobile YouTube page. Marie is visible there too, which I've been overthinking for a long time, lol. That said, is Marie in Skullgirls Mobile in any significant capacity? Like, can she be fought or anything?

Chrono_Tata

When's Adam
Reaction score
Steam
Chrono_Tata
PSN
Chrono_Tata
Cerebella Painwheel Unknown
The image on the vertical banner looks like an altered version of the one used as the header image for the Skullgirls Mobile YouTube page. Marie is visible there too, which I've been overthinking for a long time, lol. That said, is Marie in Skullgirls Mobile in any significant capacity? Like, can she be fought or anything?
She appears in a couple of stories, but there's no boss version of her you can fight or anything, no.

Holy Goose

Science Shark Supporter
Reaction score
Steam
eestifisher
Unknown Unknown Unknown
Marie just killed and replaced Fukua. Don't worry about it
Oh no! It was Fukua, who was supposed to kill and replace!..

The image on the vertical banner looks like an altered version of the one used as the header image for the Skullgirls Mobile YouTube page.
It is, I suppose. But with some changes and additions. Like Umbrella and Dahlia, for example.

She appears in a couple of stories, but there's no boss version of her you can fight or anything, no.
... Yet :PUN:

Reactions: Corridor89