• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The "social media updates" thread - now with 99% less drama

I know this is a stretch but the fact that you get bonus VFX for this combination seems very suspicious that it'd just be a bonus and nothing else.
True Story Mode spoilers?
Time to get our tinfoil hats out and speculate.

I really hope we'll see even more QoL updates and content for the game and hopefully a 2022 season for the SGCS, along with more official merchandise for the game and a possible Season Pass 2 announcement after the last Season 1 character has been unveiled later this year. Other than that, it's great to be a Skullgirls player and fan in this day of age after several controversies that plagued the game before it's resurgence. Best of luck to the hard working devs at Hidden Variable and Future Club!

Reactions: Holy Goose
Awesome! Yes, I'm hoping for more content. I'll always be there.
Same here! I would love to see fans and players get the characters and features they always wanted to be added to the game. It'll make them very happy.

Reactions: Caleb
Skullgirls birthday = April 10, 2012
Skullgirls Mobile birthday = May 25th, 2017

A 10 year and 5 year anniversary for each.

For this week of celebrations, is it too soon to see DLC character #4 announcement? (or get a Marie leak on stream, lol)

9WlDTo4.png

APRIL 11 BDAY GIRL by emlan

Last edited:
For lack of a better thread to post this in, I guess I'll put this here:

So a dev shared on Discord the other day some cool "secret" on the Boardwalk stage, so I'm resharing it here for people who haven't seen it:

If you travel up the stage a little bit (using PW's fly is probably the easiest way), there is a clock tower just above the ice cream palour.

20220417130734_1.jpg

Now take a look at your system clock. Notice anything interesting?

Her lines all strung together, i realize i just love her tag lines. Reminds me of taokaka

SKELETON LADY!

Umbrella's lines. Unsurprisingly she has a few for yet to be released characters.
She has a surprising amount of lines relating to Marie, more than most other characters do aside from maybe Peacock.

Finally Marie, the time has come.

I hope she plays kinda like the Bone Shaper variation of Shinnok (MKX), making weapons and stuff out of bones.

Finally Marie, the time has come.

I hope she plays kinda like the Bone Shaper variation of Shinnok (MKX), making weapons and stuff out of bones.
I'm hoping for The Skeleton assisting her. It makes sense!
And for the epic skeletal vacuum cleaner being an important part of Marie's playstyle.

We're definitely in the wrong thread again.

We're definitely in the wrong thread again.
MFW y'all are forcing me to move posts out of the Story section:

E8XykDuUUAAgSFf.png

Makes sense if you consider that Marie is basically Umbrella's second older sister.
You're out of line but you're right.

I am sorry. My brain equates voice lines uploaded to youtube possibly spoiling the last character to social media and the (over) analysis thereof.
I mean, I would think that interpreting the intent of the developers in adding those lines would be true to the nature of the thread.

I am sorry. My brain equates voice lines uploaded to youtube possibly spoiling the last character to social media and the (over) analysis thereof.
I mean, I would think that interpreting the intent of the developers in adding those lines would be true to the nature of the thread.
(It was a joke bro don't worry)

My brain equates voice lines uploaded to youtube possibly spoiling the last character to social media and the (over) analysis thereof.
They were spoiling a couple of characters for a decade >_>

Reactions: BallotBoxer
They were spoiling a couple of characters for a decade >_>
That's right, "Umbrella" and "Marie" voice lines have been in the game for years.

While they were always INEVITABLE, it is interesting there is a lack of made-in-advance Black Dahlia lines. Can't find the source, but didn't they say they were waiting for everything to be ready (complete season release) so they can efficiently do one big recording with all the actors? Story modes and pickup lines for tags and interactions.

The Umbrella lines for Black Dahlia are hilarious:
D-Don't worry Hungern - scary grownups like her are nothing we can't handle.
Aren't you a bit OLD to be picking on little kids?
I don't want ANY of your hard candy.
Black Dahlia!
Evil bad lady!

While they were always INEVITABLE, it is interesting there is a lack of made-in-advance Black Dahlia lines.
Would I be correct in assuming that all the lines for Marie and Umbrella were recorded before the IGG voting was a thing? So Labzero likely figured they would add Marie and Umbrella before certain legal issues and the need for a donation campaign -- where their spots were "usurped" by Eliza and Beowulf.

I think still seeing lines for Marie being added may be surprising to some because she's been in the game since the beginning but was passed over every time (so far) as a new character to develop. A lot of people may not even expect her now.

Would I be correct in assuming that all the lines for Marie and Umbrella were recorded before the IGG voting was a thing? So Labzero likely figured they would add Marie and Umbrella before certain legal issues and the need for a donation campaign -- where their spots were "usurped" by Eliza and Beowulf.

I think still seeing lines for Marie being added may be surprising to some because she's been in the game since the beginning but was passed over every time (so far) as a new character to develop. A lot of people may not even expect her now.
Yes; Squigly, Umbrella and Marie were originally meant to be the first 3 DLC characters which is why all the characters have voice lines for them.

skullgirls-pitch.png

Can't find the source, but didn't they say they were waiting for everything to be ready (complete season release) so they can efficiently do one big recording with all the actors? Story modes and pickup lines for tags and interactions.

Will Annie’s Story mode have VO?
Eventually! Due to the logistics associated with recording Story Modes, we are currently planning to record all of the DLC character Story Modes at the same time. As such, although Annie’s Story Mode will launch without VO, we will be adding VO as an update at a later date.

FUTURE ANNIE CONTENT
  • Annie's Japanese VO to be included as part of a future update
  • Annie's Story Mode will receive a fully voiced update (along with other Character Story Modes) closer to the end of the Season 1 Pass period

So, now that there's evidence that Marie is Season 1's last character, thanks to those leaked voice lines from Umbrella in the videos posted above, how do you think she'll play as seen by her early playstyle speculations during the IGG voting contest? I'm guessing she'll most likely play similar to Rachel of BlazBlue since she was one of the characters that was originally inspired for Marie's gameplay style.

So, now that there's evidence that Marie is Season 1's last character, thanks to those leaked voice lines from Umbrella in the videos posted above, how do you think she'll play as seen by her early playstyle speculations during the IGG voting contest? I'm guessing she'll most likely play similar to Rachel of BlazBlue since she was one of the characters that was originally inspired for Marie's gameplay style.
Presumably she’d actually use the vacuum cleaner that has done not one single thing for the past ten years.

Also I see her as being a projectile focused character.

I find it interesting that Eliza and Beowulf have lines for Umbrella and Marie too. That's a good tradition to have.
Now make one for Stanley.

I think still seeing lines for Marie being added may be surprising to some because she's been in the game since the beginning but was passed over every time (so far) as a new character to develop.
I always thought she'll become playable at the first given opportunity. Too important not to be. Too much of her in the game already.
So no surprise here.

I wonder how similar it will be to her boss version.

I wonder how similar it will be to her boss version.
I'm guessing she'll retain her servants assists from her boss variation and that's pretty much it. Other than that, her playable form will be drastically different playstyle wise.

Story-Wise? I'm guessing that it'll be non-canon and will be more of a what-if type of story like the rest of the current Season 1 cast (except for Dahlia since she's just been confirmed and we don't have any gameplay trailer of her yet).

Last edited:
I'm guessing she'll retain her servants assists from her boss variation and that's pretty much it.
Makes sense, both story-wise and in terms of gameplay.
Was a part of her original concept too.
This one has the most chances to be implemented.

Other than that, her playable form will be drastically different playstyle wise.
I hope, the vacuum cleaner would be involved. It needs more love.

Story-Wise? I'm guessing that it'll be non-canon and will be more of a what-if type of story like the rest of the current Season 1 cast (except for Dahlia since she's just been confirmed
Well, the canon story mode was implied to be a completely different campaign, so no question about that.
But Marie's story mode probably would be very lore-heavy. I hope so, at least.

The Umbrella lines for Black Dahlia are hilarious:
My favorite, hands-down, is the, "Oookay grandma, let's get you to bed!"

All things considered, I'm surprised Skullgirl Umbrella doesn't have more Double-specific lines.

My favorite, hands-down, is the, "Oookay grandma, let's get you to bed!"

All things considered, I'm surprised Skullgirl Umbrella doesn't have more Double-specific lines.
The line where Umbrella says she "always wanted to know" what Double tastes like makes me think that the Skull Heart itself wants to taste Double.

But yeah, really feels like they're holding out on Double/Umbrella interactions with Double being curiously absent from her story and Umbrella's/SG Umbrella lines for Double being rather sparse. Waiting for the "canon" story maybe?

The line where Umbrella says she "always wanted to know" what Double tastes like makes me think that the Skull Heart itself wants to taste Double.
Well, Double had an ice-cream based palette for a reason :PUN:
Everybody wants to take a bite!

But yeah, really feels like they're holding out on Double/Umbrella interactions with Double being curiously absent from her story and Umbrella's/SG Umbrella lines for Double being rather sparse. Waiting for the "canon" story maybe?
That was especially strange, considering Double's involvement in Parasoul's story mode.
There's definitely something in the works.