• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The "social media updates" thread - now with 99% less drama

New trailer just dropped

Shockingly it appears that Black Dahlia will be a set up character with projectiles.
Dahlia seems like marriage material to be honest.
Looks interesting, I wonder how many gadgets she'll end up having. I was anticipating something very gun heavy. Lots of explosives and maybe even mines, flamethrowers and such.

I also wonder her stage will be, since the obvious choice of Medici Tower is already in the game.
The voice acting is nice, I think Wendee Lee has always been a good choice for her and it's nice and distinct from her Sekhmet voice (making her the second Skullgirls va to voice more than one playable character, I believe). I am excited, honestly. I always love villain characters.

Reactions: Holy Goose
Dahlie seems like narriage material to be honest.
Looks interesting, I wonder how many gadgets she'll end up having. I was anticipating something very gun heavy. Lots of explosives and maybe even mines, flamethrowers and such.

I also wonder her stage will be, since the obvious choice of Medici Tower is already in the game.
The voice acting is nice, I think Wendee Lee has always been a good choice for her and it's nice and distinct from her Sekhmet voice (making her the second Skullgirls va to voice more than one playable character, I believe). I am excited, honestly. I always love villain characters.
unknown (4).png

This is the concept art for her stage. I think sharing a VA with a previous character isn't too noticeable since Sekhmet's VA is different from Eliza's and thus not the "main" voice for the character.

I was hoping for Justice nukes and I got them, I can't tell if they are able to be set off independently or not, I'd reckon not but either way I'm super interested and can't wait to see her other movement options I'm really hoping she's more of an evasive runaway type character.

Excuse me, I need to scream a little. It's just too awesome.

Okay. Nice to know that some fan predictions were correct. Black Dahlia looks very promising. Can't wait to see her in action, especially in Mobile.
But my hope to get Adam is crushed with the appearance of rechargeable weapons.

The voice acting is nice, I think Wendee Lee has always been a good choice for her
Is it her?
Or was it confirmed, that she will reprise the role?

Reactions: Caleb
It's cool to see Valentine's updated design already in effect!

Something about Marie's appearance on this banner seems suspicious to me...

The image on the vertical banner looks like an altered version of the one used as the header image for the Skullgirls Mobile YouTube page. Marie is visible there too, which I've been overthinking for a long time, lol. That said, is Marie in Skullgirls Mobile in any significant capacity? Like, can she be fought or anything?

The image on the vertical banner looks like an altered version of the one used as the header image for the Skullgirls Mobile YouTube page. Marie is visible there too, which I've been overthinking for a long time, lol. That said, is Marie in Skullgirls Mobile in any significant capacity? Like, can she be fought or anything?
She appears in a couple of stories, but there's no boss version of her you can fight or anything, no.

Marie just killed and replaced Fukua. Don't worry about it
Oh no! It was Fukua, who was supposed to kill and replace!..

The image on the vertical banner looks like an altered version of the one used as the header image for the Skullgirls Mobile YouTube page.
It is, I suppose. But with some changes and additions. Like Umbrella and Dahlia, for example.

She appears in a couple of stories, but there's no boss version of her you can fight or anything, no.
... Yet :PUN:

Reactions: Corridor89
final season 1 pass character
There they go again: alluding to more than one season without any actual confirmation that season 2 is planned or any word to lead us to believe that the dlc has been selling well enough for a season 2 or the fabled bonus character.

Either way, Marie would be likely the best character to end the pass on. Finally allowing the titular Skullgirl to become a (properly) playable character. She's got a lot of people who have been clamoring for her for a solid decade now.

But if not Marie, I hope for Brain Drain the most. He will help round out the male cast as well as the villainous cast and he's presently one of the most indisputably important npcs in the game so far (discounting characters who will never be playable like Lorenzo or Vitale or Avian), on top of the potential for gameplay and animation (like what we saw in Umbrella's story).

1657931495833.png

There they go again: alluding to more than one season without any actual confirmation that season 2 is planned or any word to lead us to believe that the dlc has been selling well enough for a season 2 or the fabled bonus character.
Even if there will be a Season 2, it's not gonna be something they will announce right now. They would save such a major announcement after the 4th character is out. Having said that, don't put too much hope on it lol.

Either way, Marie would be likely the best character to end the pass on. Finally allowing the titular Skullgirl to become a (properly) playable character. She's got a lot of people who have been clamoring for her for a solid decade now.
Nah, it's going to be Adam.
Just to mess with us.
But that's what I'm hoping for.

Having said that, don't put too much hope on it lol.
That's the only way to go about it.
Let's just be happy about the Season Pass happening.
What a great time to be a fan.

Reactions: Chrono_Tata
I really hope that we DO manage to get a Season 2 for SG or else several people, including me, will be really disappointed that their characters will never get into the game. The game, along with SGM, has been at its most popular recently and ending it at Season 1 would be a bummer.

For example: A few of the reasonings why MvCi didn't get another Season was because of poor sales and bad word of mouth. Also, development was cut short as well due to the bad blood between both Capcom and Disney/Marvel at the time.

Last edited:
I really hope that we DO manage to get a Season 2 for SG or else several people, including me, will be really disappointed that their characters will never get into the game. The game, along with SGM, has been at its most popular recently and ending it at Season 1 would be a bummer.

For example: A few of the reasonings why MvCi didn't get another Season was because of poor sales and bad word of mouth. Also, development was cut short as well due to the bad blood between both Capcom and Disney/Marvel at the time.
I think the (hopefully) continued popularity of SGM is what's gonna keep driving new SG contents. I don't know what the actual number of players is but there seems to be new SGM players all the time so with any luck the game will remain healthy. The fact that SGM uses the same art assets as 2E is a huge boon for us.

I think the (hopefully) continued popularity of SGM is what's gonna keep driving new SG contents. I don't know what the actual number of players is but there seems to be new SGM players all the time so with any luck the game will remain healthy. The fact that SGM uses the same art assets as 2E is a huge boon for us.
It doesn't feel that the development team is going to stop working on it. There are some big additions on the way.
I hope more people will get into the game and the fandom.

or else several people, including me, will be really disappointed that their characters will never get into the game
I'm still hoping to get a playable version of The Skeleton, you know...
He's even featured on the recent tweet. It must be meaningful!..

Yeah. Same. The more players for SGM, the more chances we'll get a Season 2 after the last Season 1 character is fully released. I've been supporting both games and would love to support both of them more often.

Oh, they have story outlines for potential DLCs. Nice.
Can they leak one for The Skeleton?
Now I want a Robo-Fortune and Robo-Minette tag team.

• Wow
Reactions: BellaFeng4Eternity
Lol yeah I need to add that to the canon info thread. Thanks for cropping the screenshot and saving me the trouble. :p
I didn't cap it. But I would wait, because as cellsai said; that's the "current" script. Subject to change.

Interesting, it really seemed to me like SGM was trying to retcon out all previous implications that Filia had a shady past and instead paint her as having always been a perfect angel.

Interesting, it really seemed to me like SGM was trying to retcon out all previous implications that Filia had a shady past and instead paint her as having always been a perfect angel.
Well, the information in SGM still was kind of scarce. And that was just Filia's part of the story anyway.
There was nothing about the way Carol ended up in No Man's Land, for example. So there are a lot of holes to fill up.

Filia's involvement in Carol's kidnapping could still be entirely incidental. I mean, Vitale IS her uncle and had a chance of knowing Carol long before the events of the game or sgm. Or Filia could have accidentally let some information slip about Carol's address to some Medici goons or something similar. Might be difficult to guess before we actually see it.

The possibility of Samson having some ulterior motive still is what I really find interesting. I can't imagine what he'd want the Skull Heart for. Maybe he'd get some trickle-down powers from being the parasite of a Skullgirl. Maybe it will relate back to Delilah and Neferu.

Even if Samson is "nice" now it doesn't mean he doesn't have any ulterior motives. Hell, he might think he is doing something to help her. Hard to say without knowing what happened between the events of the Origin Story and 2E, but I'd like to think there is some logical explanation that will become apparent when we get more information that fill that gap.

Filia's involvement in Carol's kidnapping could still be entirely incidental. I mean, Vitale IS her uncle and had a chance of knowing Carol long before the events of the game or sgm. Or Filia could have accidentally let some information slip about Carol's address to some Medici goons or something similar. Might be difficult to guess before we actually see it.
The best I can think of is that there is already some tension between Filia's branch of the family and the rest of the Medici due to her father distancing himself from the family's business. Carol somehow got caught in the crossfire of that, although it's hard to say what exactly Filia might have done that triggered it.

The best I can think of is that there is already some tension between Filia's branch of the family and the rest of the Medici due to her father distancing himself from the family's business. Carol somehow got caught in the crossfire of that, although it's hard to say what exactly Filia might have done that triggered it.
I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that Medici would go after Carol was because of what was already established in SGM. It could just be more fallout from Vitale's perceiving Marie sparing Marcus's family as betrayal. He killed Marcus and Amelia, so why not also go after Filia's best friend?
The fact that Filia's memories were erased when Samson inhabited her hair may also make it less plausible for Filia to have again pissed off her family in the interim.

Sort of related, but I kind of get the impression that Lorenzo has no knowledge of what happened between Marcus and Vitale. Mostly from how Lorenzo still keeps Marcus's portrait in his office. I feel that if the writers wanted to, they could have a bit of a schism between Vitale's intentions and Lorenzo's intentions. Heck, just look at Cerebella's ending. It's not Lorenzo who was holding the recovered Life Gem after all.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that Medici would go after Carol was because of what was already established in SGM. It could just be more fallout from Vitale's perceiving Marie sparing Marcus's family as betrayal. He killed Marcus and Amelia, so why not also go after Filia's best friend?
Carol was kidnapped long before Marcus and Amelia were killed lol.

Sort of related, but I kind of get the impression that Lorenzo has no knowledge of what happened between Marcus and Vitale. Mostly from how Lorenzo still keeps Marcus's portrait in his office. I feel that if the writers wanted to, they could have a bit of a schism between Vitale's intentions and Lorenzo's intentions. Heck, just look at Cerebella's ending. It's not Lorenzo who was holding the recovered Life Gem after all.
I think you are probably right. I have a feeling Lorenzo still loved Marcus even if he didn't want to join the family business, and Vitale might have kept the real manner of his death a secret from his father, and basically told him that Marcus and Amelia were killed by the Skullgirl. That gives Vitale even more urgency to find Filia and tie up any loose ends.

Filia's SGM story has her worrying about Carol's disappearance, so yeah that happened first. Also seems to imply she couldn't have been involved if she doesn't even know what happened.

I have a feeling Lorenzo still loved Marcus even if he didn't want to join the family business, and Vitale might have kept the real manner of his death a secret from his father, and basically told him that Marcus and Amelia were killed by the Skullgirl.
Makes sense.
I don't have an impression that Vitale killed his brother on Lorenzo's orders.
His reaction to finding his brother's family alive says it all.
And it seems that the brothers had some strained relationship, at least from Vitale's side. He didn't seem to take well Marcus's decision to keep distance from the family business.

Filia's SGM story has her worrying about Carol's disappearance, so yeah that happened first. Also seems to imply she couldn't have been involved if she doesn't even know what happened.
I think it's possible that the event that led to Carol being kidnapped was caused by Filia even if Filia didn't realise she was the one who cause it.
Makes sense.
I don't have an impression that Vitale killed his brother on Lorenzo's orders.
His reaction to finding his brother's family alive says it all.
And it seems that the brothers had some strained relationship, at least from Vitale's side. He didn't seem to take well Marcus's decision to keep distance from the family business.
Yeah exactly. It seems like Vitale was just waiting for any opportunity to take Marcus out of the picture.

I can't believe I missed that. What the hell.

I think it's possible that the event that led to Carol being kidnapped was caused by Filia even if
Oh yeah, more fandom speculation fodder!
To think about it, maybe Vitale has some clear relation to Carol's disappearance? Maybe that was his previous attempt to get rid of his brother's family, but things went in a very unexpected way?

It seems like Vitale was just waiting for any opportunity to take Marcus out of the picture.
Makes you think about the third Medici son. Maybe he doesn't appear (as far as we know) for a very certain reason. The reason may look like a brother-murdering mafioso.

Oh yeah, more fandom speculation fodder!
To think about it, maybe Vitale has some clear relation to Carol's disappearance? Maybe that was his previous attempt to get rid of his brother's family, but things went in a very unexpected way?
Maybe he sent Riccardo and Lawrence to grab Filia and they ended up grabbing Carol instead lol. I wouldn't be surprised.

But yeah, if anyone is the main suspect in the Carol situation I'd say it's Vitale. In Cerebella's story he is hinted to be making some play to take over the family himself. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he had something to do with the Life Gem being taken from Lorenzo.

Makes you think about the third Medici son. Maybe he doesn't appear (as far as we know) for a very certain reason. The reason may look like a brother-murdering mafioso.
Perhaps. I'm still not really sure how the third son is gonna fit into the picture. (Apart from my Irvin = third son theory but that's probably not likely lol)

Maybe he sent Riccardo and Lawrence to grab Filia and they ended up grabbing Carol instead lol. I wouldn't be surprised.
Yeah, Riccardo only succeeds in grabbing Filia in her story mode.

By the way, in SGM Filia mentions that Vitale wanted her to take a couple of his goons as bodyguards. Guess he was trying to get his relatives out of the picture for a long time.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he had something to do with the Life Gem being taken from Lorenzo.
That's quite a popular theory.
And that's why we need Ms. Fortune's Origin to clear things up! :PUN:

Perhaps. I'm still not really sure how the third son is gonna fit into the picture.
If he's long dead?

Apart from my Irvin = third son theory but that's probably not likely lol
Who knows, who knows...
I'm rooting for Irvin's frequent appearances anyway :PUN:

Yeah, Riccardo only succeeds in grabbing Filia in her story mode.
:PUN:

By the way, in SGM Filia mentions that Vitale wanted her to take a couple of his goons as bodyguards. Guess he was trying to get his relatives out of the picture for a long time.
Yeah when you think about it it's pretty suspicious.

I'm rooting for Irvin's frequent appearances anyway :PUN:
Yeah either way he's still an interesting character so hopefully he becomes more prominent in the story soon.

If he's long dead?
idk. I feel that the way they kinda hint at his existence but being coy about it means he'll have some more importance than just being a dead character that will get mentioned as part of a background story