• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The "social media updates" thread - now with 99% less drama

1659628185814212.jpg
1659628308697241.jpg
FZQqDfMUEAA04Q0.jpg

Interesting that two different sets of EVO merch (one of which is mentioned as "Everyone from Skullgirls") consists of all the currently known playable characters and also Marie, and she also gets a new pin along with Annie.

Interesting that two different sets of EVO merch (one of which is mentioned as "Everyone from Skullgirls") consists of all the currently known playable characters and also Marie, and she also gets a new pin along with Annie.
Well, we'll find out soon, if it means something. Really soon.
What a nice merch, by the way. But not enough characters.

But I'm glad that Banana Fukua is canon now, according to these pictures :PUN:

Character set merchs released in 2016 and prior also included Marie along with playable characters, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything. But yeah DLC4 being Marie is highly expected so it can go either way lol.

Reactions: Holy Goose
Character set merchs released in 2016 and prior also included Marie along with playable characters, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything. But yeah DLC4 being Marie is highly expected so it can go either way lol.
The thing is that there's a new character reveal at the same event these are being sold at, and while of course they could just have left out whoever the new character is out of the merch to avoid spoiling the reveal, it would be pretty convenient for them if the 18 characters included happened to be the same as the 18 characters who would end up being playable rather than one new one being revealed and technically making the sets of merch of all the playable characters slightly outdated right after it's introduced. Doesn't necessarily indicate who the character getting revealed is, just an observation of what seems like the most convenient option.

The thing is that there's a new character reveal at the same event these are being sold at, and while of course they could just have left out whoever the new character is out of the merch to avoid spoiling the reveal, it would be pretty convenient for them if the 18 characters included happened to be the same as the 18 characters who would end up being playable rather than one new one being revealed and technically making the sets of merch of all the playable characters slightly outdated right after it's introduced. Doesn't necessarily indicate who the character getting revealed is, just an observation of what seems like the most convenient option.
Yeah, I think that if DLC4 somehow turns out to be not Marie, it would be a tightly kept secret and Persona would have definitely intentionally kept the character from the promo art to avoid spoilers. Marie was always a popular character and she is technically in the game, so past merchs have included her and it would make sense to include her in this set even if she is not DLC4.

In any case, it is probably Marie so this line of thinking is academic at best lol.

At the surprise of no one, Marie just got a 10 second teaser at EVO

The only real crunchy bit is that the skullheart was destroyed but a shard remains

Otherwise we didn't even get a single frame of animation lol

I can't believe I have lived long enough to see this. Skullgirls is pure love, it makes really happy to see the game doing so well and getting more content again. Let's not stop here!

I expect most of her alternate color references to be one of three categories: voice references, maids and necromancers.

So I'm thinking at least 2B, sakuya (touhou), and the lich king (warcraft).

I request a "before being a Skullgirl palette" and maybe a Peacock color swap

The trailer is super hype, but the wording wavering between diegetic (in-universe) events and a external milestone mixed the message.

AFTER 10 YEARS OF FIGHTING THE SKULLGIRL
THROUGH
STRUGGLE AND TURMOIL
THE SKULL HEART HAS BEEN DESTROYED
BUT A SHARD STILL BURNS BRIGHTLY

The 10 years is for us (happy 10th Anniversary for the game, Skullgirls), the rest is for the story progressing. Skullgirl "Bloody Marie" has been defeated, but instead of dying with the elimination of the Skull Heart, a piece is keeping her "alive" and superpowered. I say "alive" because a Skullgirl's status is difficult to determine. Are they undead revenants like the failed-minion Squigly? They appear to be in a constant state of decay and regeneration, beyond human standards (brain function, heart beat, breathing, etc.).

I expect most of her alternate color references to be one of three categories: voice references, maids and necromancers.

So I'm thinking at least 2B, sakuya (touhou), and the lich king (warcraft).
you forgot melty blood maids kohaku & hisui

One thing I found interesting - I recall that they usually have white-and-red for their text on teasers. Or did anyone else before Marie use blue?

you forgot melty blood maids kohaku & hisui
Well, i did say "at least" and the maids of melty were mentioned in the original character poll listing for marie.

On the maid side there's also Tesse (waku waku 7) and Fiona (Arcana heart), or just ladies in fancy dresses like Celia (Chaos Code) and Vatista (Under night) or half the cast of umineko.

I wonder if she'll get an palette resembling Ashley from Warioware. Their designs are pretty similar.

I wonder if she'll get an palette resembling Ashley from Warioware. Their designs are pretty similar.
And I'm expecting a huge boom of fan palettes for Marie. Would be great.

Not to derail, but wanted to share this screen from Hold Back to Block's Skullgirls featurette at Evo.
Masterpiece.
Would like to see more behind-the-scenes stuff like this, including the things that didn't made it into game (like rejected concepts for Umbrella on Twitter). Extremely interesting.

Masterpiece.
Would like to see more behind-the-scenes stuff like this, including the things that didn't made it into game (like rejected concepts for Umbrella on Twitter). Extremely interesting.
They were included in the DAC I think so hopefully we'll get those for Dahlia too when she comes out.

waiting on eu03 to let me know there's a new series of Nvidia cards.

I think this might be the first official art of the four new DLC characters together
Sagan, laughing with Black Dahlia, kind of scares me...
What's in the road, a plot twist?

View attachment 16600
I think this might be the first official art of the four new DLC characters together.
Marie and Annie both look super grumpy. It's too bad that they're obligated to hate each other, because they have a lot in common.

what does this mean?
It's definitely dedicated to The Skeleton's awesomeness and superiority.
I'm glad that my favourite character and his skeleton family get so much love.

Also, it might be showcasing the real reason behind Double's dislike for Marie. It's not about the current Skullgirl being weak. It's about her forcing Double to clean the place.
I mean, it's extremely understandable to hate someone for that reason. Double just became the most sympathetic character ever.

Reactions: Chrono_Tata

Finally something with real lore to overanalyse lol.

So the most interesting thing I noticed is that, in the "middle" version of the stage, there seems to be some sort of... display case(?) that displays all of Val's weapons. In the final version, you can also see Val/Patty's IV naginata, bonesaw, as well as Beo's champion belt and Band's sax part in the corner.

Is the display case some sort of trophy case? Does that mean, by the time the stage is supposed to take place, Dahlia has defeated or killed Val, Band and Beo and taken their items as trophies? Dahlia doesn't seem like the sort of person who lets her opponent walk away alive, so it definitely seems like the latter, especially for Band since the sax is an integral part of his suit.

Anything else anyone has noticed?

maybe she won them in a game of poker.....?
Or perhaps Dahlia's brothel club asks its patrons to leave their belongings at the front door and those three are patrons. I believe some of the artists who have worked on Skullgirls have a few drawings showing that Valentine definitely frequents these sorts of places.

Or perhaps Dahlia's brothel club asks its patrons to leave their belongings at the front door and those three are patrons. I believe some of the artists who have worked on Skullgirls have a few drawings showing that Valentine definitely frequents these sorts of places.
For Val I guess it soooorta make sense but I don't think Band can take off the sax on his back lol.

At any rate, I feel that Dahlia collecting the tools of the other characters is in line with her having custom sweets for every cast member and her being pretty gracious upon losing a match.

So the most interesting thing I noticed is that, in the "middle" version of the stage, there seems to be some sort of... display case(?) that displays all of Val's weapons. In the final version, you can also see Val/Patty's IV naginata, bonesaw, as well as Beo's champion belt and Band's sax part in the corner.
And a gun. I wonder who wields it.

Dahlia doesn't seem like the sort of person who lets her opponent walk away alive, so it definitely seems like the latter, especially for Band since
It makes some sense with Big Band, considering that Dahlia had some involvement in what happened to Ben Birdland.

But Beowulf and Valentine (or The Last Hope?)... We need the story mode even more.

I wonder if there would be any mementos from the Contiellos or The Fishbone Gang in the final version. Would be very nice to see them.

There's definitely some interesting meaning behind all these trophies and display cases. I would like to know that.

Or perhaps Dahlia's brothel club asks its patrons to leave their belongings at the front door and those three are patrons.
Wouldn't make sense for Big Band to visit it, really. At least, for the venue's intended purpose.
Actually, we don't even know if he has any interest in speakeasies... I believe he would only show up there to arrest somebody.

And a gun. I wonder who wields it.
Looks to me like one of the Medici goons' tommy gun so probably not supposed to be part of the trophies? Guess we'll see.

Actually, we don't even know if he has any interest in speakeasies... I believe he would only show up there to arrest somebody.
He's not a cop anymore so he can't arrest anyone lol. If he's going there he's probably going to beat someone up, or maybe get some information, like a private detective.

20221007_182759.jpg

20221007_182820.jpg

Yo, Dahlia's got man-Bunnies?
I love evil chicken, too.

Reactions: Chrono_Tata
Thank you for sharing the Tweet; I thought I did. :[