• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The "social media updates" thread - now with 99% less drama

maybe that's the weapon check area for the club. leave em there
Hmm I didn't think of that. Although Beo's belt is hardly a weapon lol.

Also another fun detail noticed in the background of the stage is the John Wick-style target list blackboard with some familiar names:

juju#.png
james.jpg

Poor Juju may have been taken out by Dahlia which canonically explains why she's missing. ;__;

Having said that, the names are actually all those of Skullgirls devs from both FC and HVS, so it could just be an Easter egg.

Juju - Justine Stewart (Juju_blu) (HVS dev) (double reference to Juju the deleted character?)
Jon S. - Jon Snow (FC dev)
Elie - Elie Byun (HVS dev)
Darren - Darren Malley (HVS dev)
Eric - Eric Park (HVS dev)
Chris (?) - Chris Cunningham (fullbleed) (HVS dev)
James - James Meddock (almightybones) (HVS dev)
Ren - Ren Ito (HVS dev)
Andrew - Andrew Dos Santos (HVS dev)
Clark - Clark Kromenaker (HVS dev)
Rodrigo - Rodrigo Gómez (HVS dev)

EDIT:

confirm.png

Last edited:
If he's going there he's probably going to beat someone up, or maybe get some information, like a private detective.
The Private Detective Saxophone thing is genuinely amazing.

Looks to me like one of the Medici goons' tommy gun so probably not supposed to be part of the trophies? Guess we'll see
Well, Dahlia has a hand in dealing with the goons that disappoint their Medici masters, so...

Yo, Dahlia's got man-Bunnies?
I wonder why the guy near the man-bunny looks like Adam.

love evil chicken, too.
I guess, this chicken is a feather supplier. A big player in the local business scene.

Hmm I didn't think of that. Although Beo's belt is hardly a weapon lol.
Makes you think what happened to the Hurting...

Poor Juju may have been taken out by Dahlia which canonically explains why she's missing. ;__
And that's how Juju finally made it into the game.
R.I.P., Juju (the sniper, not the dev).

I'm really amused, how Justine's nickname fits in. A perfect coincidence.
Is there a dev named Stanley? Asking for a friend.

Well, Dahlia has a hand in dealing with the goons that disappoint their Medici masters, so...
Interesting thought.

I wonder why the guy near the man-bunny looks like Adam.
Lol I see what you mean but it's just a similar hairstyle I think. His fringe is way more swoopy than Adam's. Would have been a fun detail if Adam was infiltrating the club though.

Makes you think what happened to the Hurting...
Dahlia is probably sitting on it.

Reactions: Holy Goose
Interesting thought
I wonder if she took something from Sarge after dealing with him...

Would have been a fun detail if Adam was infiltrating the club though.
Especially in a frog costume.
He really shines in that role.

Dahlia is probably sitting on it.
Oh no! That's just hurtful.

Reactions: Chrono_Tata
Wow, how long has it been since that was first announced? I honestly kinda just assumed it had been canceled.

Reactions: Corridor89
In keeping with the theme of this thread, the wording of the tweet stood out to me:

Thank you to writer @MikeExner3, and artists @Wiirdo & @pasteldot for their tireless efforts bringing stories from the Skullgirls universe to life!

Keyword being stories - plural. Perhaps the webtoon won't be a single storyline but several stories in an anthological format?

announced 3 years ago. Which has been a damn long time as far as recent events go.
I wonder if we finally can get a backstory for The Fishbone Gang.
Or a speaking line for Roxie.

Reactions: GoodMudkip
1668404467104071.jpg

Personally, I appreciate the confirmation that Marie is indeed a hottie.
I mean, she literally has flames coming out her back. Gotta be pretty damn hot.

Reactions: Cal and Holy Goose
I will always refer to the Webtoon timeline as the Hotties Wrecking Bodies (HWB) universe and no one can stop me.
Wait... Is it a separate timeline?

Yes, it was confirmed on Discord.
Okay. I take back my words about Marie's wish.

Is Adam's ruined jacket non-canon too?..

And does it mean that someone like Aileen and Florence will appear in the comic later?

Okay. I take back my words about Marie's wish.
Well background stories can probably still be regarded as based on canon, but the actual events taking place in the comics can't be taken as set in stone. We'll just have to see.

Is Adam's ruined jacket non-canon too?..
Either way I'm sure he has more lol

And does it mean that someone like Aileen and Florence will appear in the comic later?
That's my hope.

szEkAub.png

I think this might be the first time they've properly shown Dahlia's splash art in full. Those three particular bunny assassins seem to appear quite a few times, as based on their hairstyles they also appear in her winpose and one of her supers, as well as the first page of the webcomic.

Last edited:

Cross-forum post lol.

So it looks like Dahlia's bio from her SGM announcement is giving a big hint on how her story will be.

Black Dahlia is the right hand assassin of Lorenzo Medici, head of the mighty Medici crime syndicate that rules New Meridian from the shadows. A former agent of the Anti-Skullgirl Labs, Black Dahlia was mortally wounded decades ago in a confrontation with a Skullgirl and rebuilt with experimental cybernetic technology. The experience left her with an unquenchable thirst for blood and fascination with the despair and suffering of others.

She betrayed her peers to fight as a hired hitwoman for whomever could keep her paid (and entertained). After Medici Tower is destroyed by the Skullgirl, Lorenzo sends Black Dahlia off on a killing spree to stop Marie and retrieve the stolen Life Gem from Ms. Fortune. However, Dahlia finds herself jaded with her employer and drawn to the forbidden thrills only the Skull Heart can provide…

So basically, it should take place after Lorenzo escaped in a blimp. Dahlia is sent to kill Marie and retrieve the Life Gem, but clearly things won't go according to his plans.

Totally expected Dahlia to betray the Mafia. Kind of disappointed to be honest.
Also disappointed that Dahlia doesn't have a TF2 Demoman palette so far

I would be disappointed if she wouldn't :PUN:

Also disappointed that Dahlia doesn't have a TF2 Demoman palette so far
I'm already disappointed that her Doomguy palette has no references to Cacodemon. It's kind of sad, really.
Though, she's more like a Cyberdemon, if you think this through...

I mean...
However, Dahlia finds herself jaded with her employer and drawn to the forbidden thrills only the Skull Heart can provide…

Dislikes: Meddling Kids
"Like, zoinks Scoob! Black Dahlia's after the Skullheart! Let's get outta here, man!"

Also thanks to Corpse Launcher on Discord, here's the other bio entries for Dahlia including Likes and Dislikes. Some fun references there as usual.

View attachment 16686
"Gigan Sea Pearls"?

So you're telling me is that some members of the Gigan Nation are from the sea as well?

"Gigan Sea Pearls"?

So you're telling me is that some members of the Gigan Nation are from the sea as well?
I think "Gigan Sea" is likely a sea that is next to the Gigan Nation (think Norwegian Sea or Timor Sea in real life, for example). And "Gigan Sea Pearls" are probably pearls harvested from that sea.

Doesn't necessarily mean that there are aquatic Gigans or citizens of the Nation of other species, but it's not out of the question. We know the Canopy Kingdom has Dagonian citizens, so it's not unlikely that there are Dagonians living on land or in the sea in/near the Gigan Nation as well.

I think "Gigan Sea" is likely a sea that is next to the Gigan Nation (think Norwegian Sea or Timor Sea in real life, for example). And "Gigan Sea Pearls" are probably pearls harvested from that sea.

Doesn't necessarily mean that there are aquatic Gigans or citizens of the Nation of other species, but it's not out of the question. We know the Canopy Kingdom has Dagonian citizens, so it's not unlikely that there are Dagonians living on land or in the sea in/near the Gigan Nation as well.
You have a point there. Man, the Medici would go against literally anyone, even if they're not even human. Who knows if they'll play a role in the Chess Kingdom or the Gigan Nation or not?

You have a point there. Man, the Medici would go against literally anyone, even if they're not even human. Who knows if they'll play a role in the Chess Kingdom or the Gigan Nation or not?
Hmm. I don't think it necessarily mean that the Medici have anything to do with the pearls per se. Maybe Gigan Sea pearls are just of particularly high quality and Dahlia happens to like them.

Having said that, we know the Medici operations extend outside of New Meridian (like their No Man's Land slave trade), so it's not impossible that they have some influence in the Gigan Nation or as far away as Chess. Especially since they hate the Renoirs, maybe they could be working with their rival countries to try to overthrow the royal family, who knows. Could be an interesting turn of events.

Reactions: tristePinguino
For clarity, its a poll linked in sgmobile.

It's an interesting list. Standard big names from unused characters. A good sign for the future imo.

I'll just assume molly and roxie are already decided upon grr

It's an interesting list. Standard big names from unused characters. A good sign for the future imo.
Having Aeon and Venus on the list is kind of interesting. Do the devs really want to go the Eliza route again?

I just thought this was an interesting question in the poll, particularly the choices it offers.
It doesn't offer any of my top picks, so... :PUN:

Definitely feels like a (not very) subtle sounding for a Season 2 roster, or at least to determine which ones they want to release first. Beatrix and Aeon feel a bit like red herrings though lol.

It doesn't offer any of my top picks, so... :PUN:
I assume that's what the "Other:" is for lol. Write in your favourite!

Last edited: