• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Otaku Corner: Where you go to talk about Anime figures!

Skullgirlsfanboy

Thread Master (According to Dekillsage)
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Steam
skullgirlsfanboy
Peacock
Hi! I don't believe there's a thread for this, and I thought it'd be nice to have!

You could probably guess by my name, but I'm a bit of an Otaku. I still work and have morals, but I just love those cute little anime figures! They cost a fortune, though. And since most come from Asia, you don't know if it's reliable/non counterfeit until you get it, and it's made of cardboard (not that dramatic, but you get the idea)
So, I thought I should get a thread going where we can talk about our collectibles, and write reviews!
My recommendations/collection mostly consists of Figma/Play Arts, and the stuff you can get from the Iciban Kuji Lottery as a prize. I did recently find this cool Kyubey vinyl figure on Ebay, but it's 100-200 dollars! *sigh* the cost of being an Otaku...

Feel free to post your collections or recommendations!

(Again, I don't think I'm an unintentional copycat this time; there were no results for Otaku, Figure, or Collectible as threads, so I think I'm good...)

Figures aren't even that expensive, only some are really highly priced... they only cost a fortune from resellers due to most figures only having one production run, two if lucky.

I have this, it was $40:
FIGURE-000005.jpg

Reactions: Skullgirlsfanboy
I've got super kawai figures of ken and guile and like 6 wall scrolls oh and I'm an engineer can I be an otaku ですか

I've got super kawai figures of ken and guile and like 6 wall scrolls oh and I'm an engineer can I be an otaku ですか
Anyone can be an otaku, my brother.

But all kidding aside if this is the place to go for 日本 based stuff lets get this out of the way top 5 animes, in your opinion of course, I'll start (no particular order)
*black lagoon
*steins gate
*death note
*gurren Lagan
*Garden of sinners

And before anyone asks I've seen over 150 animes so if it's out there I've probably heard of it these are just the ones I could think of immediately

These are my top 5 in no particular order:
- Hyouka
- Steins;Gate
- Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
- Ping-Pong
- Katanagatari

Haven't watched much anime recently, though. The only thing I watched last season was Space Dandy season 2.

I have action figures from my childhood.

*calls to swag wagon filled with body builders*
"Looks like I found the nerds!"
*cracks knuckles*
Anyways, I'm actually in the process of 3d printing some Skullgirls figurines.

Hey guys check out my collection!

Reactions: Sparties
Can't really take a pic of my collection at the moment without the pic looking terrible, so here's some images I found online of what I have figure wise.
42054.jpg

167108.jpg

figure-00277303-jpg.jpg

Fire-Emblem-Tharja.jpg

144319.jpg

160078.jpg

And a few things that I would love to own some day but probably never will:
177884.jpg

81oQnx4jasL._SL1500_.jpg

Just wanted to say that I got a few more things for my collection at a thrift store!
Magnamon Action figure (It's worth $150 if it's sealed! I'm lucky, huh?)
Banpresto Roy Mustang and Naruto Plush (They're really great, I recommend them highly)

Hi! I don't believe there's a thread for this, and I thought it'd be nice to have!

You could probably guess by my name, but I'm a bit of an Otaku. I still work and have morals, but I just love those cute little anime figures! They cost a fortune, though. And since most come from Asia, you don't know if it's reliable/non counterfeit until you get it, and it's made of cardboard (not that dramatic, but you get the idea)
So, I thought I should get a thread going where we can talk about our collectibles, and write reviews!
My recommendations/collection mostly consists of Figma/Play Arts, and the stuff you can get from the Iciban Kuji Lottery as a prize. I did recently find this cool Kyubey vinyl figure on Ebay, but it's 100-200 dollars! *sigh* the cost of being an Otaku...

Feel free to post your collections or recommendations!

(Again, I don't think I'm an unintentional copycat this time; there were no results for Otaku, Figure, or Collectible as threads, so I think I'm good...)

The place I talk anime figures specifically is another forum board ( not trying to plug it BUT anime figures are a tough subject to locate a place to discuss ). That location / board is;

http://animefigure.proboards.com/

They helped me with several things in my initial start of collecting. The first being to steer clear of E-Bay. Primarily because of price gouging and that is very previlent I discovered there after being shown the second thing of importance by the few that post there. That second thing is the site out of Japan, AmiAmi which is an online shopping site for just about everything anime especially figures. They have a nicely setup site. Figures are divided into various subjects / classification and you can select new and pre-owned ( which in most but not all cases will save you money ). The pre-owned have a nicely set up rating system. Example A / B in which the A stands for condition of the figure and B for the box. A means like new, B has slight wear. Believe me, on E-Bay I found out I got taken on several figures, luckily though not in the form of knock offs which I received help on avoiding.

AmiAmi's site is;

http://www.amiami.com/

Once you start navigating it you won't be disappointed. Anyway, if your looking for discussion, we could use more like minded folks over at the proboards because so few seem to take figures of any type seriously as a hobby.

HobbyCentric

I have built an SD Neo Zeong, a GM classic, and the Gundam X Crossbone Maoh.

I'm also getting Starbuild Strike Plavsky Wing.

I really need some different cutters because I keep having to switch between the ones I got and my pocket knife scissors.

kind of a hassle.

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
shitty phone pics inbound.
I did end up painting that Temjin, though the blue I chose was too dark and it's not a very good paint job (spotty bits, lines run out, etc):
42cac3300b.png
These are unpainted. HGUC RX-78-2 and Zaku II (came together), a "Hyper Zeta" that I got from a gashapon thing in Singapore.
MG Delta Plus, MG Unicorn (OVA ver), RG Zeta and GP01, and MG Turn A:
9c3c0dfcae.png

accidentally snapped the V-fin, so I had to shorten the other side to make it look less weird.
68bad9efcc.png

you can also the gen-2 digivice and a weird Chinese dude thing
and my small backlog. HGUC Jegan ECOAS, HGUC Ex-S.
4386e8a8c6.png

nah we need more PSO2 costumes and project diva fei-yen edition ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(forreal tho they just need to do a Steam release or some shit)

So much Gundam O_o

All my crap is from Persona. I'd show off pictures if I ever bothered to take any >_<
-Aigis Chibi
-Yukiki p4A
-Elizabeth P4A
-Jiraiya posable
-Izanagi-no-Okami posable
God I need to get more diversity in there.

yo, the first custom I will probably ever do is make a bujin gaim version of the shin musha gundam.

then call it Bujin Musha.