• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Timeline of Skullgirls

LKArtillery

do you think this is a f*ing game
Reaction score
Steam
lkartillery
XBL
LuckyArtillery
Peacock
I haven't seen a thread like this yet, so I'm going for it. I've always thought it might be a good idea to try and figure out the relative order of when things happened in the history of Skullgirls' lore. This can be anything--wars, when characters were born, when significant events happened, etc.

Some things are set in stone, like the Skullgirl appearing every 7 years, but other things are currently pretty nebulous. So, I'm going to put down the basics of what I know of the timeline down here. Got any additions or corrections to make? Want to discuss when you think an event might have happened? Here's the place for it!

A few examples of how I would personally be structuring this thing:

Present day:
The Year of the Skullgirl, with that Skullgirl being Marie.

1 year ago:
Patricia Watson becomes Peacock. (It was said in a lore interview that Peacock has been Peacock for about a year.)

7 years ago:
Queen Nancy becomes the Skullgirl, ending the Grand War.

14 years ago:
Selene Contiello becomes the Skullgirl.
Squigly dies at age 14.

17 years ago:
The Grand War began. (The Grand War lasted a decade, and ended seven years prior to the present day, so we can infer it ended 17 years ago.)

All I'd say is to just try and make sure you have a source on your suggestions. These don't have to be specific year amounts or anything, it can even just be speculation about when an event happened. Have fun! (I'll probably edit this OP if a lot of good info comes up in this thread.)

Last edited:
This is pretty much all correct as far as I'm aware. This is the same exact timeline I was using when I was writing one of my OCs. I should point out one thing though, it looks like you made a mistake here:
17 years ago:
The Grand War begins. (The Grand War lasted a decade, and ended seven years prior to the present day, so we can infer it ended 17 years ago.)
I think you mean began.

This is pretty much all correct as far as I'm aware. This is the same exact timeline I was using when I was writing one of my OCs. I should point out one thing though, it looks like you made a mistake here:

I think you mean began.

Ah, yeah, sometimes my grammar is weird. Haha.

Well this thread will probably have a bit more once we find out about Eliza's story mode, which should spread some backstory on the settings of Skullgirls.

As for my two sense, Umbrella should have been born about 10 years into the war?

I believe Alex actually said the Grand War lasted for about a decade or so, so it beginning 17 years is an okay approximation but better to keep in mind that it might be a couple of years off.

Anyway I guess I'll add some known events to what you already have, which are mostly birthdays of characters :P Events with (?) are those with currently without precise times so they could be off by a couple of years.

Yeah I have no idea if these are useful to anyone but it might fun to try to line up events to when certain characters were born I guess.

Present: the event of Skullgirls part 1, the Marie Skullgirls event

Couple of months ago: Marie became the Skullgirl

1 year ago: Peacock and Painwheel were created

7 years ago: The Queen Nancy Skullgirls event. End of Grand War

10 years ago: Umbrella(?) was born

13 years ago: Patricia was born

14 years ago: The Selene Skullgirls event. "Death" of Squigly

15 years ago: Carol, Hive(?) were born

16 years ago: Filia, Leduc(?) were born

17 years ago: The Grand War started(?). Feng was born

18 years ago: Cerebella was born

20 years ago: Ms Fortune was born, Eliza changed her guise to the current one(?)

21 years ago: Skullgirl event t-3

25 years ago: Parasoul was born

27 years ago: Valentine was born

28 years ago: Squigly was born, Skullgirl event t-4

26-30 years ago: Beowulf was born, Mrs. Victoria born a bit older than Beowulf

50-60 years ago: Black Dahlia was born

Some centuries ago: Annie was born

Some millenia ago: Eliza was born

That seems to be correct so far, yes!

Yeah, I might have to include a "give it a slight leeway" addendum there. There's a lot of "abouts" when talking events, it seems.

Also, I'd add Samson and Leviathan... uh, existing at least? To the point when Eliza was born. We know they've both been around for quiiiiite a while.

I'd also place the Skull Heart's first appearance between then and when Annie was born, since we know that they've been around for longer but Annie was made immortal as the result of a Skull Heart wish.

Reactions: Denizen