• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

This is text

Merlock

Best skullgirl splayer mn
Reaction score
Steam
EldritchVon
PSN
VonEldritch
Valentine Double Parasoul
Posting this here in the hopes that I can get critique and maybe stop putting off SG practice for AE so much.

Most recent long set I've played, watching most of it again after the fact major issues I've identified:

-Parasoul needs a neutral game, I feel like neutral versus Peacock shouldn't be that messy even if the matchup is bad. Don't feel like I'm using all her tools to their potential.
-Parasoul needs better pressure on offense in general, too hesitant to take advantage of opportunities to dash in and mixup -- AIRTHROW MORE
-I've worked throw resets out of my Valentine play due to mashing concerns, need to start working them back in more often esp. with empty jumps in the corner
-Work on more ways to get around pushblock e.g. cross cancels, less predictable jump-ins, esp. more j.mp cancelled at different times, delay hp longer to create more 50/50s, bella in a bad position shouldn't take so long to open up with Valentine
-Need better setups/resets in general, too many freeform ones that haven't been polished, especially air resets that are harder to mash out of would be ideal
-Use assists to cover aerial approaches more often esp. more abuse of calling pillar midair
-No excuse for combo dropping, esp. the many many peacock drops even if you aren't playing spend a few minutes hitting reps in training
-Way more mash baiting, deconstruct crossup dynamo in training off of empty jumps

Further thoughts are appreciated.

Last edited:

-Hornet bomber
-Invincible assists shouldn't be this difficult to stuff/play around/hit during blockstrings more MP maybe since it's being called during most every block string? Something with more active frames
-Spacing out the assist works well, but then it's hard to quickly regain a good offensive spacing and even if assist was tapped it's off lockdown quickly enough where the situation is reset
-Countercalling doesn't appear to work very well as pillar stays on screen way too long and there's no way to safely shut down scalpels
-Do the same thing back instead of countercalling? Double is enough of a problem to warrant it but I prefer to save meter for peacock
-Consider starting with peacock since she has to deal with an incoming mixup as 2nd and is effortless to punish reckless assist calls with?
-DHC into peacock to assist punish immediately when you have 2 bars?
-Snap in double early? Could potentially be good but relies on getting a good confirm so looks iffy

Too many issues to sort out
Further thoughts are appreciated