• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Tips please.

Xerkie

Reaction score
Steam
Xerkie
Eliza Double Peacock
Hello, all.
So I've recently picked up the game, and I have about 14 hours in it. I've picked up Double, Eliza, and Peacock as my favorite characters (Eliza especially), and would like to receive some tips on how to play them, what I should be doing with them, what archetype are they, etc. etc.

Help is much appreciated!

there is always the character threads here on SkullHeart that can give you tips on how to play said characters.

if you need a more interactive and personal form of learning there is always the SG Community Discord server were you can get help from tons of peeps.

[an invite if you're not already in there]: https://discord.gg/W45VA

Now Double Eliza and Peacock is a fairly good team. There is a ton of synergy with Eliza and Double where they can play off of their powerful combo strings and strong pressure. Eliza and Peacock also works for a bit more pressure/mixup type of playstyle.

With learning Eliza herself i'm calling in the help of @Salty Eliza to give you some tips.

Reactions: TheLivingMeyMey
oh hey! I'm super happy to help with Eliza! Albeit i can't say much about Eliza on a team since I'm solo, but any questions I can hope to answer, feel free to add me on steam, or see me on the discord or here, names the same on all of those platforms.

Well..The discord link expired, but i'd be very thankful if you accepted my FR on Steam so that I could learn some stuff.

At 14 hours in I would honestly say just play as much as you can, cause there's so much to learn that you can improve at the game by doing basically anything. Definitely do the in game tutorial since it answers all the questions you asked.

I made a compendium for Peacock. It's not a guide because it doesn't tell you how to play her, but it's got a lot of information about the character. You may find it helpful. http://skullheart.com/index.php?threads/peacock-compendium.6063/

Yooo, Double/Eliza is a great time! I main those two. I'd say any order is nice, but i prefer going Double first and Eliza second. Mainly because flesh-step and Eliza's assist ( H osiris ) can be really dirty mid screen!

HMU anytime for help on those two <3

peacock/double/eliza definitely seems like a really solid team, as peanuts mentioned though with your level of experience I wouldn't worry too much about learning a lot of character specific stuff, start with learning the fundamentals of the game. play the tutorial if you haven't, play vs the cpu to get a feel for your characters.

while i said don't worry about character specifics, if you're wondering about character archetypes: peacock is definitely a runaway type character, she wants to throw projectiles and keep the opponent as absolutely far away from her as possible. double is kind of jack of all trades, she has good pressure, good mixup once she hits you, good normals, projectiles to zone with, she does it all. eliza is more rushdown oriented, she has really big buttons and an airdash to approach your opponent and keep them pressured, with really strong mixup options as well.

Reactions: mcpeanuts