• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Trouble with a corner combo, help?

MankeyShank

FG Triceratops
Reaction score
Steam
MankeyShank
Big Band Parasoul Unknown
Now there's corner combo that I've been practicing with Parasoul. It goes like this:
j.HP, c.LK, c.MK, s.HPx2, LP Napalm Shot, s.LP, s.MP, b.s.HK, Egret Call, j.MK, j.HP, c.HP, j.MP, j.HP, j.HK, s.LKx2, s.MKx2, s.HPx2, MK or HK Napalm Pillar, SA1 or SA3
Sounds simple enough, right? Well, here's the problem: I found this combo after watching a video of someone pulling it off, and decided to try it out myself. But for whatever reason, on several attempts, when I followed up for j.MK after Egret Call, the IPS kicked in and interfered with the combo. However, there were other times were it didn't I pulled off the combo with no problem at all. Are there combos where if you mess up the timing, IPS will prevent it? This is really confusing me and I'd appreciate some light to this situation.

Was it a green or red burst? I'm guessing it was a green burst which meant that you didn't allow enough time for the undizzy to completely drain after practising the combo. A way to avoid this is to either wait a bit after finishing or dropping the combo before starting again (wait for the green undizzy bar underneath the opponent's health to completely drain) or to set a save state and reload that after you finish/drop the combo. That way you can practice the combo without triggering the undizzy burst.

You are probably getting a green burst because that combo should not trigger IPS unless you are accidentally starting a chain with something you used already.

If you notice, there's an empty bar under the life bars that starts to fill green as your combo progresses. If you start the next chain of a combo when the bar is full and glowing, it will trigger an undizzy burst. The bar takes a little bit to deplete back to zero on its own. Teching a knockdown will reduce the green by half and bursting will remove the green completely.

What is probably happening is you are trying to redo the combo before the green completely depletes back to zero so it's causing them to be able to burst mid-combo. Like Lex said, the easiest and quickest way to practice combos and work around this is to set a save state with the select button before you start your combo and then reload the save with the select button when you do/drop your combo to re-position yourself and revert the undizzy bar back to zero.

Was it a green or red burst? I'm guessing it was a green burst which meant that you didn't allow enough time for the undizzy to completely drain after practising the combo. A way to avoid this is to either wait a bit after finishing or dropping the combo before starting again (wait for the green undizzy bar underneath the opponent's health to completely drain) or to set a save state and reload that after you finish/drop the combo. That way you can practice the combo without triggering the undizzy burst.
I think it was...green? Yeah, it was green. How do those work again? And wth is an undizzy?
130 collective hours playing this game and I don't know these. I'm such a noob. lol