• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Two keyboards, two players

DragonWireFire

I'm bored
Reaction score
Cerebella Painwheel Parasoul
I bought Skullgirls about month ago and I have one problem.
I want to play with my friend on one computer.
I have two keyboards, but both respond as player 1.
When I'm trying to set keyboard 2 as player 2, it moves keyboard 1 to player 2. Both keyboards are keyboard 1.
I tried everything and I really don't know what do to...
Can you please help me?
(BTW I'm really sorry for my bad English.)

That's not "another keyboard" it's "keyboard control setup #2", in other words one WASD (or what you set) and one arrows.

Detecting a separate keyboard in Windows is extremely difficult, to the point where the new Typing of the Dead didn't even do it. So I'm not sure this will ever be supported...is there any other fighting game that does this?

That's not "another keyboard" it's "keyboard control setup #2", in other words one WASD (or what you set) and one arrows.

Detecting a separate keyboard in Windows is extremely difficult, to the point where the new Typing of the Dead didn't even do it. So I'm not sure this will ever be supported...is there any other fighting game that does this?

Well, I'm not sure... Someone told me I can do this, but I see I can't.
So, it's impossible to play with someone on one computer?
I'm really sorry, this is my first fighting game.

Well, I'm not sure... Someone told me I can do this, but I see I can't.
So, it's impossible to play with someone on one computer?
I'm really sorry, this is my first fighting game.
you can play with others but you can only use one keyboard, you can have multiple game pads however

the program is called teamplayer.

I think your best bet for two player on one computer is one person using the Keyboard, and another using a controller (Xbox, PS3, etc), or just straight up two controllers.

In other fighting games like Hisoutensoku, 東方13.5 and Melty, I was able to let both characters be controlled with the same keyboard, but make sure none of the input keys conflicted (WASD and BNMGHJ would be player one and arrow keys + numpad could be player two), and then I'd plug in two keyboards to prevent the keys from jamming (I think it's called Ghost keys when it stops receiving input) I don't think Skullgirls lets you do this though, maybe @Mike_Z will look into it for you

You can do that with SG, cuz you can do that with any Windows program as long as P1 and P2 keys don't overlap.
What you can't do is have them both using the same keys, on two different keyboards.

But I don't know how to do that. When I try to change buttons for player 2 in setting, I just can't go to Player 2 setting. Someone told me I must click /, but when I click it, nothing happens. Arrows doesn't do anything, too.
I don't have fighting stick or any controller.
How can I set player 2 keys?

No, no no. You have to click Backslash.
It's under Backspace.
Hope it helped.
OH MY GOD THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I JUST WANT TO KISS YOU RIGHT NOW! But I can't. Sniff.
Thanks EVERYONE, you all really helped me!

Some MAME builds allow you to map different keyboards separately. "Enable multiple keyboards" is something you need to go into each game's setting and choose manually, but once you're in game, it can differentiate between two different keyboards, and can assign them as "P1 Up = Keyboard 1 W" for example.

I have no clue how it works, but it's doable!