• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Umbrella Dream/Nightmare Attack Thread

Golbat

Reaction score
Steam
golbat
Filia Ms. Fortune Parasoul
Umbrella is slowly but surely getting more of her animations shown off, so I thought it'd be fun to make a thread where we can baselessly fearmonger speculate about what kind of attacks a little girl with a giant monster umbrella would have.

I'll start off with an easy one; Kliff j.H. Man I hate playing vs Kliff so much because of this normal, it would be awful amazing if Skullgirls had a character with an attack like this that did 1500 on CH for the best jump in combos ever.

GGAC_Kliff_jH.png

Reactions: BallotBoxer
How about a full-screen, unblockable command grab blockbuster? Hungern does a chameleon tongue shot that wraps the opponent and pulls them in for a chomp. After chewing a for a few hits, Hungern spits them out to wall bounce.

chomp.jpg

(image taken from Lab Zero concept art)

I think it'd be awesome if Hungern had a means of consuming/negating projectiles! It could tie into their Hunger Level mechanic and complement the way that Umbrella & Hungern are intended to be a less-mobile fighter.

I think it'd be cool if she borrowed a few Parasoul normals, but different. Less of an elegant fencer, more swinging wildly, maybe Hungern is pulling her along like Samson. Possible candidates: cMP, sHP, j2LK, jHP, jHK.

I think it'd be awesome if Hungern had a means of consuming/negating projectiles! It could tie into their Hunger Level mechanic and complement the way that Umbrella & Hungern are intended to be a less-mobile fighter.
Anakaris eat/spit.

This. I look forward to Hungern eating up the whole Motor Brigade.

This. I look forward to Hungern eating up the whole Motor Brigade.
Mashing through their Pillar->Bikes reversal
GGAC_Dizzy_6H.png

This update went under the radar for me until last night, but I saw this update for one of her blockbuster supers. I've seen some talk around that this will function like Gigantor or Aegis Reflector, and while that's probably pretty accurate I was interested if anyone had different speculative thoughts about it.
I saw that they snuck in those eye orbs at the end of the animation, but they aren't fully animated, so I wonder if this will be affected by Hungern's appetite and gain/lose properties.

Reactions: Holy Goose
This update went under the radar for me until last night, but I saw this update for one of her blockbuster supers. I've seen some talk around that this will function like Gigantor or Aegis Reflector, and while that's probably pretty accurate I was interested if anyone had different speculative thoughts about it.
I saw that they snuck in those eye orbs at the end of the animation, but they aren't fully animated, so I wonder if this will be affected by Hungern's appetite and gain/lose properties.
Yeah I had a similar thought about it on Discord that maybe the "shield" version will only apply at certain hunger level. Would certainly make sense. On the other hand, it might also be that the super has been repurposed from the original intention, which wouldn't be uncommon at such an early stage in development.

Also in case you haven't seen it the tweet was posted a few days ago with some discussions here https://skullheart.com/threads/how-do-you-think-umbrella-will-play.11583/#post-413060

How about a full-screen, unblockable command grab blockbuster? Hungern does a chameleon tongue shot that wraps the opponent and pulls them in for a chomp. After chewing a for a few hits, Hungern spits them out to wall bounce.

Well, not quite a Blockbuster, but...
Umbrella Command Grab.jpg