• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action

Sydoh

Silent Dolphin
Administrator
Reaction score
Steam
Sydoh
PSN
worldjem7
Ms. Fortune
I am normally not one who peruses visual novels, but this one caught my eye.
I really like the futuristic "blade runner-esque" setting it has, and it interested me that it isn't like a normal VN where you just pick answers and pursue a love interest. You interact with the characters by serving them drinks, and they will react to you differently based on what you serve them. It almost feels like a puzzle that as you get to know the people in the story, you're trying to make sure to serve them the right drink when they sometimes tell you otherwise. The gameplay of mixing drinks ties into the story seamlessly, so it feels very immersive to play compared to other VNs where the gameplay is simply a choice you select. There are also things you can do outside of the bar that affect how the story progresses, and can give you more insight on the game world, which I thought was really cool and felt it helped with the immersion.

In short, I really like this game!

What do you guys think about this game?

Spooky, I was listening to the soundtrack to this game then I loaded Skullheart and saw this thread.