• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Valentine Safe Jump Question(s)

Maverick J

Permascrub
Reaction score
Steam
spicy
Valentine Squigly Ms. Fortune
Is this set up still viable in the final Skullgirls build?

If so is it possible to safe jump with with j.hp instead of j.mp? What would I need to know to contruct my own safe jumps/set ups?

Oh hey that's my video. To answer your question you this video is REALLY old and was made when I was much more ignorant about the game. In a real match you should always try and load a vial, then run up and do a mix-up when you get a knockdown. I wouldn't really waste my time learning a safe jump since everyone is SG has different wake-up times and that fact that assist can be used as way to make set-ups reversal safe. I would go through the Val tech threads here and watch some videos of high level valentine players like Cloudking or Ducktator in order to learn better set-ups for the character.

Thanks for your reply and video, I found a setup with Squigly's Center Stage assist that allows me to set-up a vial and oki (st.hk, assist call, st.hkx2 xx Vial Hazard) so I was hoping I can get something off of it similar to the video. But with the wakeup times being character specific like you said I may as well just go for mixups afterwards. Any notable Japanese Valentine players around too? Just to get something to compare and contrast with.

I can't really think of any noatable Japanese valentines, but the biggest difference between US players and Japanese players is that US players tend to focus more on resets while Japanese players tend to focus more on hard knockdown set-ups. Both styles are effective so you can play which ever one you like more.