• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Valentine vs projectiles?

Buddy

Reaction score
PSN
TheSchwarr
XBL
TheSchwarr
Valentine Filia
What do i do?

vs Peacock w/ double hornet bomber
problem i have here is that the only option i feel i have is to use QCF K to get in which is unsafe

vs Fukua w/ big band Punch assist
in this case Fukua usually does jump projectile then MK shadow on landing which big band just pushes you back (you cant QCF K an assist cause it will stop after the assist, or it will just hit the assist and not the opponent)

vs double w/ Robo Fortune HP Beam
you simply cant beat double's parasol bullet in anyway, and your eating chip damage like crazy with the beams and it pushes you back

wtf do you do here?

First, watch this video for fighting against Peacock.

Here is some Valentine footage vs the best Peacock you can analyse.

Vs Double and Fukua, you have to make use of your Super Jumps and Air Dashes.

Valentine can be above the height of H Beam, H Brass, M/L Luger, and H/L/M Dart.
Even Air H Dart has a hard time hitting Valentine when she's at max height.

Try and get above the projectiles.

I find a super jump/double jump heavy cross (confirm with h bypass if possible) often catches zoners off guard. Other than that just watch the videos Skarmand posted and find someone to practice against who plays these teams.

Valentine is extremely mobile and should have very little trouble advancing on zoners.

As has been said before, HK Bypass > Scalpels is a great tool to cover space if you see an opening, but you can also double jump > jMK > airdash > jMK to go over projectiles and get from fullscreen to jabbing distance in a very short amount of time.