• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Video Database Tab request

Do people want a match DB, and more importantly would you use/help update it?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Whatever

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Wenzel

Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Steam
Wenzeln
PSN
Wenzeln
Ms. Fortune Cerebella Big Band
Now that SG its finally get more active players and FG places on Tournaments, would be nice/ useful for all SGC to get a Video Database like Dustloop / Chainshift , with this gets a historical archive and easy to find tech or an especific match / tour to rewatch and not lurk on YT or SH dead threads.

Reactions: gluemchen
I agree it'd be a great thing to have, but I'm not able to create new databases (the software kind) on the server at the moment.

Also I doubt I'd have the time to write the code for it, unless there's a common base that is being used by the DBs for other games?

Maybe exist like a "template" o base file and just could change the images and links for it, what system/ forum its currently SH?

I don't know anything about xenmedio, can it automatically gather videos based on keywords or do you have to enter every video manually into the database? If it's the former then I can see paying for it if there was enough support, but if it's the latter it seems like it would be easier to just write the database (though if you can't make databases on the skulheart server that's obviously an issue)

I don't know anything about xenmedio, can it automatically gather videos based on keywords or do you have to enter every video manually into the database? If it's the former then I can see paying for it if there was enough support, but if it's the latter it seems like it would be easier to just write the database (though if you can't make databases on the skulheart server that's obviously an issue)
It appears that it's manual submission only, but that's probably what we'd want here anyway.

Reactions: Wenzel
Last edited:
Reactions: Vadsamoht
How much would it cost? We done stuff before where we raised money for forum improvements. Wouldn't mind contributing if we have legitimate interest.

We could run a poll and ask to users if they like or doesn´t care, tought.

EDIT: if you could post the thread as news @Vadsamoht to all SH could see it and vote.
I'll make a news article about this soon, but there's some other news that will will have to come first (e.g. the SIG crowdfunding.)
How much would it cost? We done stuff before where we raised money for forum improvements. Wouldn't mind contributing if we have legitimate interest.
It's $40. Not much, except when you consider that I'm a full-time university student with no income :/, so I'm not going to spend that money unless it's really useful to a number of people.