• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Weird or Unusual headcanons

Parasoul is a closeted lesbian

Beowulf is asexual

Reverse these and we have something here.

Well, given all the fanart in the "Chicks with Dicks" category, giving Beowulf a hairy man-gina would provide a certain level of symmetry.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to bleach these images out of my brain.

I believe that a Trump parasite similar to Samson exists in the SkullGirls universe.

Why would you do this
It struck me when I saw his hair move about,
05098f648aaf09a12b0a06d1c69dc9ad
makes you wonder...

I started calling Double, Dark Lord Double. I don't know why, it has a nice ring to it.:PUN:

Oh yeah, Double. Queen Lamia is actually Mike Z.

The evidence: Double has some puns (to make up for her lack of character?).

I started calling Double, Dark Lord Double. I don't know why, it has a nice ring to it.:PUN:
Lord Double, Toil and Trouble.

I've always been disturbed by the implied death in Doubles ending. I decided to headcannon change it to capture or imprison. IDK maybe I'm to sensitive.

Last edited:
I've always been disturbed by the implied death in Doubles ending. I decided to headcannon change it to capture or imprison. IDK maybe I'm to sensitive.

Have you seen the scrapped bad ends for this game!?

............actually don't.

For me, there's the odd idea that Squigly listens to death metal most of the time when she's able to after her venture in the Story mode.

- Beowulf actually is very well read in history and literature from Gigan culture and Canopian mythos, it's one of the reasons why he became a wrestler but well, you don't get far if you're not body slamming people for hype. He's still found reading ancient books in the library and such, but talk to him and he has to act up the wrestler persona so no one realizes he was an English major

- Painwheel used to rip off her mask to "feel" after being so cooped up in the experiments (Hence why she smiles because she's still "alive"). Later on she can be seen squeezing the stuffing out of an old ratty teddy bear instead. No one knows why or where it came from

- Filia blames Samson for eating so much, but the truth is, she just likes night time snacking. She's the one true inventor of the "I woke up like this, so, I'm gonna eat a boatload of ice cream in my pajamas all day long"

- Leviathan acts all high and mighty, but the truth is, give him battle and he's hooked on it, screaming to the heavens how he'll slay armies after armies of soldiers like they were butter. The gentlemanly courtesy is merely him trying to keep himself back from going mad with power. Samson tends to egg him on about "getting" off on it.

- Parasoul is such a die-hard Annie fan, she was once caught playing with Beowulf and Annie dolls and has since made a self insert fanfic with her being Annie's star pupil / sidekick. Many slash fics have arisen from the new OC she's made, with Annie herself reading them one time. Emphasis on one time.

- Painwheel once used a prototype of the Gae Bolg / Buer (Thing on her back) which looked surprisingly like a fidget spinner meant to help her fly upwards for aerial attacks. While "serious" as a whole, it was instead seen as a gag since the parts are interchangeable. It was also meant to be an ultimate weapon, capable of allowing her full flight, but Brain Drain opted for the more intense weapon she now uses since... There's nothing more threatening than Painwheel using bladed propellers than what appeared to be a spinner.

- Valentine actually is asexual, and / or is much more happier writing her own slash fics in rivalry with Parasoul. Many OC wars have came from this, and the sheer amount of the discourse between the two is nigh legendary

- Peacock has an intense fear of "Mr. Roger's" esque personalities not unlike the Warner brothers and sister. She tries her upmost to not do anything "normal" and just the near thought of "going to the candy shop, getting a 9-5 job, and coming home to the nuclear family trope" is her greatest nightmare. Dr. Avian had to separate her from the other children before when one very television was destroyed because Patricia thought she saw those "...Happy polookas... With their sunshine-y smiles and their 401 K's..."

- Once, when Beowulf was in retirement, he took up odd jobs around the city, many of which, never really fit him very much while he was still finding his "calling". Janitorial jobs didn't work because he made too much damage with Grendel's arm. He tried working in the library at Filia's and Painwheel's school, but while he did pretty darn good with books surprisingly, D. Violet / Mrs. Victoria thought he was the villain of the day for her and she antagonized him from the start. Before he left to go back to "retirement", D. Violet spied on him to make sure he wasn't truly the villain she was looking for, only to find Beowulf trying to bench press a bookshelf late at night instead of doing some villainous scheme, fail at the last second when he noticed her, and then proceeded to ask D. Violet to help him clean up the mess. Never again did Beowulf ever want to look at bookshelves again.

And since this was way too long, my apologies come in the form of two last Beowulf head canons and one Grendel head canon:

- He's actually an enthusiast for opera / classical music. He's done many critic reviews, under a pen name everyone would never expect to be him, and travels many times to partake in the theater / musical culture. Of course, while he's all dapper decked out in his tux and such, he's prone to yelling during the show as much as he can. "C'MON LISA, THAT WASN'T A HIGH NOTE AT ALL, YOU CAN DO SO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT." Despite being a tough critic, he gives rave reviews. Bring up the latest musical, and you'll get an earful about his personal opinions on why "The death of Sienna Contiello wasn't emotionally impacting to the audience, much less the singer."

- However, no matter where he goes, he brings Grendel along like a dog and ties him outside the lamp post telling him, "Okay buddy, I'll be right back! You gonna be okay?" Grendel's arm makes a thumbs up, and when Beowulf leaves, Grendel flips the bird. Beowulf to this day tends to think Grendel's arm is but a part of the real thing, so, while he's giving the fights Grendel will never truly be able to feel anymore without him in his mind, Grendel sadly still didn't respect him as much till he goes on his story mode adventure.

- Despite being sentient, because Grendel is "dead" but his arm is still well and off, he can still "hear" and feel whatever the arm feels and hears. But this literally means Grendel only ever hears Beowulf's fight quotes whenever Beo talks. So, instead of, "Hey, you okay pal?" it's, "CLINCH UP, BOTCHED IT, ALL'S CHAIR" and so on, on repeat with many other voice lines repeated over and over again. Being Grendel's arm is suffering. And yet, he still manages to pull on through like the warrior he is. Even if all he ever hears is "lAY THE HURTING DOWN." A true hero to the end, that Grendel...

For me, there's the odd idea that Squigly listens to death metal most of the time when she's able to after her venture in the Story mode.
I bet the afterlife has some pretty good death metal. Do they just call it "metal" there? :P
- Parasoul is such a die-hard Annie fan, she was once caught playing with Beowulf and Annie dolls and has since made a self insert fanfic with her being Annie's star pupil / sidekick. Many slash fics have arisen from the new OC she's made, with Annie herself reading them one time. Emphasis on one time.

- Valentine actually is asexual, and / or is much more happier writing her own slash fics in rivalry with Parasoul. Many OC wars have came from this, and the sheer amount of the discourse between the two is nigh legendary
So your headcanon is that the Canopy Kingdom has internet.

Reactions: WulfDen
I bet the afterlife has some pretty good death metal. Do they just call it "metal" there? :P

So your headcanon is that the Canopy Kingdom has internet.
Pfft, pretty much, if they could have their own fighting tournaments in those posters, why not have something they can toy around with? Although, I can imagine they have something similar to internet with Molly using her tech, it'd be fair to assume the rest of the Kingdom has ye old dial up connection we all used to have, so, no one really relies on it much.

That said? Knowing the afterlife, I'm pretty sure they would! I wonder now if that means Squigly ever met the Skullgirls representation of the grim reaper so to speak, unless of course the Skullgirl is technically that. It'd be hilarious for her to wake up mumbling how she was having tea with "Santa Claus" or other figures that would be dead before she had to get up in her Story mode or other ventures.

I don't know if these are weird or unusual, but I have some headcanons.

Peacock:
  • Patricia often retreated into her imagination in order to cope with being a slave. Sometimes she'd get so deep into her fantasies that she'd become unresponsive to whatever was happening around her.
  • She does enjoy anime. (But not as much as classic cartoons, of course!)
  • She suffers from severe PTSD. She does have medication for it, but refuses to take it because she's stubborn. Sometimes, after a particularly bad nightmare, she'll watch cartoons until she falls asleep on the couch.
  • Loves to draw and paint.
  • Would be a fan of the Cirque Des Cartes if it wasn't involved with the Medici Mafia.
  • Has quite a few scars on her back from whippings she received while she was a slave. They're faded, but they're there.
  • If video games existed in the Skullgirls universe, she'd dislike the Fatal Frame series. (If you know what that game consists of, you'll understand why.)
  • Still owns her old maid outfit, but it's buried in the deepest parts of her closet and she doesn't plan on digging it out anytime soon.
  • Her voice was really weak and scratchy after being rescued, due to all the blood-curdling screaming she did while getting mutilated.
  • Sometimes visits her parents' (and Dr. Avian's, if his death is canon) graves in secret. She hardly remembers her biological parents, but they were still her parents.
  • Is very good at cheering people up.

Squigly
  • If Pokemon existed in the Skullgirls universe, her partner would be a Primarina. (I think we all know why.)
  • She prefers to sing with other people rather than all by herself. She thinks it's more fun.
  • Her favorite type of cake is Red Velvet.
  • Back when she was alive, she'd sometimes go out and catch insects for fun, mostly dragonflies and fireflies.
  • She can speak Italian fluently.

Filia
  • Sometimes volunteers at random places, and is in search of a serious job.
  • Trying to learn how to dance, but ends up tripping a lot. She is making progress, however.
  • Writes fiction stories, she's surprisingly good at it.

Ms. Fortune
  • Can't sing to save her life.
  • Doesn't eat sushi - or any type of fish - out of respect for Minette and Yu-Wan. (And the Fishbone Gang, back when they were still alive.)
  • Enjoys a good card game from time to time.
  • Loves to play pranks.

That's all I can think of for now. The majority of them were about Peacock, but she's my favorite.. so.. yeah..

Hopefully I'll be able to come up with more. I may have some I'm forgetting. This is it for now.

I don't know if these are weird or unusual, but I have some headcanons.
We have a regular headcanon thread. Mooost of those would go there?
Ms. Fortune
  • Doesn't eat sushi - or any type of fish - out of respect for Minette and Yu-Wan. (And the Fishbone Gang, back when they were still alive.)
That is an unusual headcanon, considering the canon info thread:
- The Dagonians do eat fish, in the same way that humans eat other mammals without thinking much about it

The packs on Robo-Fortune's belt hold nothing but confetti. This is because when the Last Hope was still alive, Patty went a tad overboard with the stuff during holidays and birthdays and now Brain Drain has so much of the stuff, he has no clue what to do with it. So he just gave her a belt full of the stuff just to get rid of some. Also for celebrating purposes because who doesn't love confetti after a victory?

(Well unless you hate confetti)

We have a regular headcanon thread. Mooost of those would go there?

That is an unusual headcanon, considering the canon info thread:

Oh, I didn't know that.

hmmm

interesting. let's go ask Kai himself if he likes cherry pepsi.

my head cannon...

is that Filia actually goes back to the labs after saving painwheel and lives there with her. Sadly they don't know Filia will become the next skullgirl until it's too late. and Carol has to finish Filia off before she causes any harm.

:C

is that Filia actually goes back to the labs after saving painwheel and lives there with her. Sadly they don't know Filia will become the next skullgirl until it's too late. and Carol has to finish Filia off before she causes any harm.

Wow. That's... that's a heartbreaker... excuse me while I go cry.

hey...

all of the stories in SG have this twist of sadness...

that life isn't fair, that things will turn sour and sad.

Alex was mean when he wrote those backstories... but i understand.

I like some bittersweet stuff and breaking characters.

Still I also like the idea that hardships need to overcome and time heals things. Hopefully SG story will have a bittersweet twist.

I like some bittersweet stuff and breaking characters.

Still I also like the idea that hardships need to overcome and time heals things. Hopefully SG story will have a bittersweet twist.
Like Parasoul's story?

At this point it might not even be weird or unusual but I always thought the Skull Heart is based on the parasite and isn't "just" a talking, wish-granting artefact.
If you think about it it's just a body part giving its host super powers, you get red eyes if you're its host... Maybe the Skull Heart is a parasite that happens to be much stronger than Samson or Leviathan for some reason... It'd explain how Samson knows about it yet when he's facing Marie he keeps his mouth shut about it.
It's Venus and Aeon's version of the parasites basically... Or maybe they actually created every parasite in the SG setting.

Also i have for headcanon that Double is an artificial being created by Venus and Aeon to wipe out humanity, just for funsies. Double either doesn't know it and knows it and is fine with it since it fits with the whole "masters" thing.

Reactions: PastelOctoling