• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

What if Skullgirls was censored by 4Kids

Stuff

The guy who says the thing you might not like
Reaction score
Boy does that title seem like click bait. Anyway, shut up and and make 4kids edits for Skullgirls.

A '4Kids Edit' is censoring something that some protective folk may think is inapropriate for kids to watch by replacing the offending object with something friendlier. This is a common occurrence with anime that are dubbed and edited for American TV. Here's a couple of examples. The original image is on the right, with the edited on the left.

BM8BGtE.jpg

Why? I dunno just because I guess.

I'll start.

KTkQlxI.png

or maybe this thread dies or maybe I get great censors who knows time will tell.

Mod Edit: I added a cleaner description to this thread and removed off topic posts into another censorship thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy does that title seem like click bait. Anyway, shut up and and make 4kids edits for Skullgirls.

I'll start.

KTkQlxI.png

or maybe this thread dies or maybe I get great censors who knows time will tell.

I hate to say it, but I really like this costume more than the original.

I'll start.

KTkQlxI.png

this is GORGEOUS
I love it

Reactions: erkicman

I'll start.

KTkQlxI.png

That's actually a really cute look on Fortune!

She would also need her eyes back, eyes being gouged out is too graphic

She would also need her eyes back, eyes being gouged out is too graphic
Actually like most censored shows you can just skip that because the story doesn't matter right? It's probably a minor story point that certainly won't confuse fans later when the story progresses. So the only knowledge you have of her hole-eyes is that they're just cartoon eyes.

But just to humor you:
lNs1gv5.png

this isn't even a 4kids type edit I was just lazy. Let's get to erasing cleavage lines or removing cleavage altogether.

Reminds me of that ATLA episode where the play people represented Jet getting brainwashed with googly eyes.

We should censor his voice too. The kids's young minds would melt from the awesome.

Reactions: Cheesedragon
why don't we get snoop dogg to voice big band

Reactions: timidDot
I gotta say,
I like the censored miss fortune design.
It looks more casual than the other and reminds me a bit of chie from persona 4
KTkQlxI.png
2125691-chiep4g.png

Reactions: Scar
why don't we get snoop dogg to voice big band
Cuz he's too busy being Moses.
20140512115015!Snoop_as_Moses.png

Alright guys, this "Peacock" character's going to need some hard reworking.
Alright, lose the eyelessness, drop the insanity trait, give her normal teeth, lose the robotic imagery, actually just trash the whole cyborg thing that would be too scary for kids, make the colors brighter and
tumblr_ngn3aimSne1ro0g5eo1_1280.png

Meet Little Birdy, a cartoon from Cartoon-Land, her home town was attacked by the evil Skullgirls (no relationship between the two) and now she wants to stop her so that it never happens to anyone else ever again.
I hope this physically pains you as much as it pained me to make.

Isn't Umbrella like 7 years old? Since Nancy was pregnant with her as a Skullgirl and she died 7 years ago?

It's times like these where I wish I knew how to draw and shade at all but I don't.

Time to make Valentine fans cry!
eQ44lYa.png

GiI9yBq.png

Tights edition

I might give her pants later.

Last edited:
It's times like these where I wish I knew how to draw and shade at all but I don't.

eQ44lYa.png

Is the difference the fact that her crosses are back to being red? I'm really stumped and can't figure out what you changed

The weirdest part is that I don't notice a difference myself.

Reactions: Thrasher08

eQ44lYa.png

GiI9yBq.png

Tights edition

Jesus...... thats drastic

But it IS an edit 4kids would do. Let's be honest.

KTkQlxI.png
I've always really disliked the character for reasons I wasn't sure of, but this change makes her seem more capable/utilitarian... and now I like her more. Like, even if her personality is the exact same. Kudos.

IBGa34f.png
Prior to the life gem :)

I've always really disliked the character for reasons I wasn't sure of, but this change makes her seem more capable/utilitarian... and now I like her more. Like, even if her personality is the exact same. Kudos.

Prior to the life gem :)
Alternate costumes, plz.

Reactions: Titanium
Alternate costumes, plz.
It won't be done due to issues involving reframing all of the characters attacks and what not, though that would be a cool concept indeed. :)

Reactions: Rakurin
Oh I did the same thing!
[Peacock with cigar replaced with lollipop not unlike Sanji's cigarettes in One Piece]
Haha weird.

For that happy coincidence, as Painwheel would say scream: GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
SGmoPky.jpg

(Borrowing @MarioToast's suggestion in the 15th post for flower petals replacing the blades)

But Painwheel is now a robot that wears a leotard under her tunic. Remember kids, those aren't nails coming out her skin. The evil Brain Drain cast a spell to turn her into a robot gardener.

Speaking of tight layers of censorship clothing...

vPxECIO.jpg

The lazier 4Kids style would opt to give Val a turtleneck and bike shorts rather than deflate her chest as @Stuff so deftly demonstrated. (Stuff, you forgot the magenta cross censorship!)

Valentine keeps her saw, but she must abide by the same restriction Wolverine and Leonardo had for their blades: you may only cut inanimate objects or robots. If she is lucky she may get The Samurai Jack loophole of ultra-violent robot gore.