• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

What is your main team? Why?

What's your main team?

• Total voters

blufang

Ink does a body good
Reaction score
Steam
fangore
Squigly Big Band Eliza
What is the solo, duo, or trio that you use as your main team? Please select up to 3 characters. Future DLC characters have been included for those who are holding out on them for their final team.

Peacock/Big Band/Cerebella master race reporting in.

PWhell / Bella / Squigly. But Bella is just a placeholder untill Beowulf comes out.

Peacock/Cerebella, at the moment. But I'm loving Big Band a lot, trying to figure out who he's a better replacement for, as I want to stick to a duo.

You realize the answer is underneath everyone's names, right?

edit:
Peacock/Cerebella, at the moment. But I'm loving Big Band a lot, trying to figure out who he's a better replacement for, as I want to stick to a duo.
I'd say Cerebella, unless you really hate peacock. Big band can replace her HP LnL assist with brass knuckles so while you're playing peacock it's just a straight upgrade. Big band also has decent DHC synergy with her.
Of course, peacock/BB/cerebella isn't a bad idea, not sure why you want to keep the duo so bad.

Last edited:
Eh, I prefer having the increased damage output and health of a duo over the extra assist of a trio.

You realize the answer is underneath everyone's names, right?

Of course. However I was interested in seeing which characters are the most used.

Ms.Fortune, Cerebella, Peacock. I like to switch it up between close, mid, and long range keeping my opponent on their toes.

I'll probably end up with some combination of Eliza, both Fortunes and Valentine. That said, back when I played a little more regularly I had a ton of fun with a Peacock/Val duo.

Val/Para/Bella.

In the order I added them to the team:
Val because she was my initial "main" (felt most natural immediately).
Bella because I wanted an assist, and she was the second easiest character to pick up.
Parasoul because I wanted a DP assist, and liked the way she plays a bit more than Filia.

Parasoul / Fortune / Squigly. Though I'm looking forward to Eliza, and depending on how much I like playing as her, I think I'll end up dropping someone for her.
Probably Squigly.

Valentine / Cerebella / Big Band(eventually)
Dunno how Big Band DHC synergy is gonna play out, but I want a ninja in my team and I value damage above all else cuz I'm too dumb to remember resets. nuff said.

Fortune + assists.
because everyone else uses a team, why not?

I used Val/Fortune forever up until last month, when a friend told me my fortune is shit, so I'm messing around with Val/Filia, and I'm going to see if I like any of the DLC characters enough for the third slot.

So I'm waiting for Big Band and Eliza. I formerly had fortune and parasoul as part of my team, but dropped them a few months ago to just focus on Squigly. Playing her solo until Big Band arrives.

For now, it's been Valentine & Cerebella. I'll see if Squigly is in the cards for the future this week, and I'm definitely going to be making a team around Eliza when she's ready.

I used Val/Fortune forever up until last month, when a friend told me my fortune is shit, so I'm messing around with Val/Filia, and I'm going to see if I like any of the DLC characters enough for the third slot.
Fortune is the best character dude.

Fortune is the best character dude.
Yes, I quite like fortune myself, but my friends reasoning was that my fortune was really bad, and I only knew like one babycombo for her, and if she's only there mostly as a dp, might as well use filia, who (dunno if this is true) has a better dp and can do more damage for the combos i can do

Double is pretty much permament, Big band is my second member but if I like Eliza or Beowulf, or maybe even Robo more I will change to them

Will definitely have both Fortunes, hoping to like Eliza and Beowulf. Will look forward to finally having a team :PUN:

Yes, I quite like fortune myself, but my friends reasoning was that my fortune was really bad, and I only knew like one babycombo for her, and if she's only there mostly as a dp, might as well use filia, who (dunno if this is true) has a better dp and can do more damage for the combos i can do
Dude, I'm not a theory fighter, but I don't understand your friend. Fortune is top tier in all versions of SG.

I'm always in favor of picking characters from what you like and not with the intention of winning, and also, fortune is super fun to use once you get the hang of it so i'm linking this (guide), this (combos) and even this (shameless self promotion :P).

Dude, I'm not a theory fighter, but I don't understand your friend. Fortune is top tier in all versions of SG.
the operative part here is "combos I can do" in that, little time I have to practice SG, I spend most my time on Val, so with fortune the only combo I have is a like 4 hit ground combo, knockup, then tail-sword super. that was it. other than chomping at people occasionally, i had no idea what i was doing. whereas I have been playing filia for a monthish and have like a good 10-ish hit combo.
I'm always in favor of picking characters from what you like and not with the intention of winning, and also, fortune is super fun to use once you get the hang of it so i'm linking this (guide), this (combos) and even this (shameless self promotion :P).
I agree totally (which is why I play val, even though her main usage is long loops and that is by far my worst aspect) though my fortune had made little progress over a year, and I hardly cared for her, I simply had her because I realized my Val needed a dp and I literally flipped a coin when i first started to see if it should be fortune or filia.

Currently playing Fortune/Filia. Once Eliza comes out, I will try to get her into my team as well. May be replacing Filia with Eliza depending on if I like a team of three or not.

Parasoul/Fortune/Peacock, but I'm probably just gonna replace Peacock with Eliza when she comes out because a blood goddess just sounds bad ass. I may still use Peacock though since I put time into learning her.

if my calculations are correct, there will be 286 377 possible teams when all of the DLC is released. Can we get someone to draw images of all the team names?

Last edited:
I don't have a team, as I can't figure out who I like using.

Valentine and peacock has been my duo since the game first came out, however I dropped the game for a while (I haven't been able to play the pc version and I just got busy with other games) but with squigly getting added and the changes to headed ms. Fortune I'm considering changing my team to Valentine/Squigly/Fortune or Fillia depending on which I pick up more easily.

Robo could potentially be my 2nd pick depending on how favorably she turns out.. For now though only interested playing as Filia seriously.

if my calculations are correct, there will be 286 377 possible teams when all of the DLC is released. Can we get someone to draw images of all the team names?
Dude it's more than 2000 combinations.

Dude it's more than 2000 combinations.
I was assuming that order doesn't matter, and that we're only counting confirmed DLC.

I like to use Big Band as of this moment as a terrible player, but when Robo-Fortune and Beowulf are done, they'll be added to teh team.

Right now, solo Painwheel because she's the only character I know really well.

Looking to turn it into Fortune/Painwheel because I need someone with a positive attitude. When Big Band comes out he'll either replace her or they'll be a 3 person team.

I was assuming that order doesn't matter, and that we're only counting confirmed DLC.
Order can matter though.

Like paincock and cockwheel.