• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

What music group do you wanna start?

LaCheshireZorua

People die when they are dead.
Reaction score
PSN
KingCheshireZorua
Unknown
An extension/continuation/expansion of the Musicians Thread set up by Night Phyre, just a fun little thread for pro solo musicians, musicians still in training or even people who aren't musicians.

The question the thread asks? "What band do you wanna start?" The answer? Up to you; YOU DECIDE. Even if you have no musical skill or sense of musicianship, IS A'IGHT; if that's the case, let your imagination run loose. What sound/genre would you guys go for? What role would you fill in the band, specifically?

You can even respond to other person's answers to the question, and even have discussions. Who knows? Some people on here might start a thing because of this thread! Wouldn't that be great for the forums? :)

You are even allowed to answer the question more than once! After all, you may change your mind the next day. :)

So, again, for you all to answer, the question:

What band do you wanna start? :)

Well, since no one wants to break the ice...
I wanna start a band that plays this newly developing genre called "Gaijin Rock". It's a fusion of J-Pop elements and Western shred rock elements. It was started by this band I'm a HUGE fan of called Area 11. (Those of you who paid attention to the music thread might remember me posting some of their stuff on there.)

The ideal role I would fill in the band would probably be vocalist and principal lyricist. I choose vocalist mainly because I feel that's the instrument I'm best at. I can do acoustic guitar, but I'm still an amateur at that, and I can play keys pretty well, but I'm far from a virtuoso at it. So I picked vocals. And I chose lyricist because I've been practicing, and I think I'm getting the hang of it. Plus, I like to write.

There. Hope I broke the ice a bit. :)

If I were to be in a band, I would want it to include an acoustic guitar, a bass, two violins/fiddles, a banjo, and maybe a mandolin (one of the violinists could double as a mandolin player). The band could switch between playing bluegrass (or newgrass) and more classical sounding music.

I play the banjo, so that would be my role in the band. Of course, I'm still pretty new to the instrument, so I am nowhere near ready to play in a band. But it's fun to dream!

But it's fun to dream!

That's the spirit! Keep at it! Maybe someday we'll both accomplish our dreams. :)

A sweat one.
A waist one.
A hair one.
An arm one.
A wrist one.
A wedding one.

They stole my Big and Rubber ones.

Reactions: Denizen and DDB
A big one.

Boooo. So much "booooo".

A rubber one.

Yours is even worse.

A sweat one.
A waist one.
A hair one.
An arm one.
A wrist one.
A wedding one.

C'mon, guys, trying to ask a legit question and get a legit discussion going, here. D:

thumb_big_multi_ede7be06fe5eef36739dc69b9a28a4ba.jpg

Reactions: Zidiane
*obligatory Band of Brothers joke via image*

Boooo... again.

I'm starting to think this was a mistake...

Boooo... again.

I'm starting to think this was a mistake...
That's not even a joke.

After I'm finished with College I'm joining the Military.

That's not even a joke.
After I'm finished with College I'm joining the Military.

Wasn't even aware of the seriousness of your post.

You can thank the joke posts above you for that.

a hotblooded japanese fire rock band named Full Frontal feat. Def Stallion

all our songs are named after gundam characters or gundams

Wasn't even aware of the seriousness of your post.
You can thank the joke posts above you for that.
No man I'm with them.
I'm both absolutely serious and joking, top tier comedy.

C'mon, guys, trying to ask a legit question and get a legit discussion going, here. D:
You started a thread titled "What BAND do you wanna start" in a forum of a game with a much anticipated character named Big Band. Even if we didn't love puns, you had to have known what was coming. I tried to get as many puns out of the way as I could. Better title may have been "What kind of music group do you wanna start?"

You started a thread titled "What BAND do you wanna start" in a forum of a game with a much anticipated character named Big Band. Even if we didn't love puns, you had to have known what was coming. I tried to get as many puns out of the way as I could. Better title may have been "What kind of music group do you wanna start?"

Good point. :P Though, that didn't seem to be an issue for the guy who posted before you all... But maybe I should edit the name a bit...