• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

When They Cry

Squigly

Mezzo-Soprano
Reaction score
Steam
SgtMumbles
Squigly Valentine
Higurashi and Umineko, the dark stories of Hinamizawa and the Golden Witch, respectively. Discuss both series here.

Thought this would be an appropriate thread to start on All Hallow's Eve.

I've read the first 5 parts in the manga and probably going to finish it up soon! Oh, and the Umineko fighting game looks fun; shame it will never come to the states.

YEAH! I was waiting for a thread like this!
I watched all of the first season of Higurashi back in...2008-2009, I think.
I really enjoyed it, I just never got assed to watch the other season, though.

I've always wanted to get into Umineko, but the fact I'd have to pirate or import the Visual Novels (which are best) was discouraging, and the anime being shit was even more discouraging. So I never really did.
I really wanna get into it NOW though.

Also, the fact Higurashi is coming to Steam is unfucking believably awesome.

This thread has been dead for a good long while, and considering I love the first two seasons of the Higurashi anime, it's only right that I get this going again with something good. I even have some of the manga, which is also awesome.
WARNING: Video not for the faint of heart, but I'm sure you know what to expect if you've watched the anime.

Good, I always wanted to play the VN's, I tried once but failed. Miserably.