• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

When's Train Stage

PKStoopKid

*PKStoopkid soul at rest*
Reaction score
Website
heyarnold.wikia.com
PSN
PKStoopKid
Parasoul Fukua Eliza
Alright everyone, I must confess, I'm a fan of Train Stages I like the Darkstalker Train Stage, I like the Marvel Super Heroes Train Stage so I must ask....When's Train Stage?
Filia_vs_Peacock_train_scene_by_oh8.jpeg

Your clearly not asking why I am so fascinated by the train stage?

Well that's why I'll tell ya.

1.I like the Dark Deco art style
2.I like the 1940s(which the style of the game is based off of)
3.Train Stages have good themes
4. The thought of fighting while moving is awesome
5.The visuals man...The visuals
6.Imagine this as your fighting, your moving through the vast land of the canopy kingdom, all the sights, but what's this as you go through the stage, the day starts winding down and next thing you know your finishing the fight at night riding through a brightly lit New Meridan all the sights, all the colors, all the soundtrack

Alex, Mike...please... When's Train Stage.

I'll accept it after Canopy Ballroom(personally I want to see the npcs)
I'll even take it after a Madman's Cafe Stage, but don't leave me hanging.

I can't be alone on this, Train Stage looks awesome

Say what you want I've spoke my mind
And I know I sold someone on the idea of a Train Stage

Train stage is not in New Meridian so we'll have to wait until the game moves out of it. :P At least that's what Alex said some time ago.

Train stage is not in New Meridian so we'll have to wait until the game moves out of it. :P At least that's what Alex said some time ago.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, indeed I shall wait
fjdkl1.jpeg

I didn't even know about the concept art until now.

After Streets of New Meridian [Downpour] and Maplecrest [Nightmare].
I'm all for train stage but I say let us first seize the wondrous potential of the existing ones.

Reactions: Lunerstep
I'm all for train stage but I say let us first seize the wondrous potential of the existing ones.
They'll have to go all out to top GGXrd's Edinburgh train stage that Axl now uses.

Train stages in fighting games almost always AMAZING.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex

I concure, but my love for Train Stage is equal to your love for Eliza and DDB's love for Annie

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I want the characters to switch from light to real dark lighting effects while the train's moving

but im sure that will cause consoles to explode

Reactions: PKStoopKid
what if the train stage is either in or on top of Eliza's private train car?

she prolly has enough money to afford one.

what if the train stage is either in or on top of Eliza's private train car?

she prolly has enough money to afford one.
Because it would probably be in her club.

Deleted a bunch of off topic posts. There's enough pointless posts on that topic without actively posting about waiting for them to happen.

On topic: While Alex did say that the train stage is set in Canopolis, not New Meridian, the Glass Canopy is also a Canopolis stage, so that excuse has worn a bit thin! :P

I would imagine it'll be a while before we see a train stage in development though because they take more assets to make (at least using the template you've described in the first post) compared to a static background like we have now. The elevator stage skips past this issue by having a very simple scrolling section with very little detail.

Elevator stage does it by having a final destination that's reached after 60 clicks of the counter and the 2D background being set there. By analogy, the train might arrive at a station and have that as the 2D background.

Understandably though no one who wants a train stage wishes for the train to stop.