• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Where's Robo best place?

Chaf

Sanguin
Reaction score
Steam
ch4f
PSN
pChaf
Valentine Robo Fortune
Especially in a trio.
I wanna make her 2nd, but I got Eliza already, so I put her last.
And Beam assist, because I'm a scrub.

Best position is point. Worst position would be anchor. Her assists are good but Robo is super free on incoming. Like you can play her last if you really want to but you better be able to block.

Best position is point. Worst position would be anchor. Her assists are good but Robo is super free on incoming. Like you can play her last if you really want to but you better be able to block.
I saw that too, but I've got already Valentine as a good first.

I saw that too, but I've got already Valentine as a good first.
ic. I still would rather have Eliza last because with her at least you can mash level 3.

I think she'd be okay last, you can DHC into her self destruct super. Plus her assist is really good.

I think she'd be okay last, you can DHC into her self destruct super. Plus her assist is really good.
That's my plan to get in, when Eliza is bleeding. Wait to have 3 bars and DHC Eliza's air super with Det Mode.

Robo out in det mode while having to defend is quite a bad position IMO. If you get hit they might have a combo to compensate for you exploding in 10 seconds and you will most likely die.

I agree with Peanuts that her best position is point, though second is also pretty good for her IMO. Depends on team structure. Val H Bypass allows you to combo from dust and maybe throw too (EDIT: it doesn't, but Eliza butcher's blade does, so take that for what it's worth) so that justifies Val second on your team though.

Last edited:
Ok. I'm gonna try Val/Robo/Eliza.
Not sure if I'll keep Eliza, tho. I need a trio team but I've got 2 good point characters and 2 good 2nd characters...

I'm using Val / Robo / BB, since she's out on the beta.
It works quite well, her beam assist helps a lot.

I think she works just fine as a non point character.

I personally play Eliza/Robo/Beo and don't feel the team would benefit from swapping Eliza and Robo at all. The assist is really really good.

Also I don't think she is THAT dead on incoming, she at least has a double jump, which is more than a couple of characters get. She even has a couple of ways to change her jump arc if she blocks the initial mixup to avoid falling into another one.

Val/Robo/Eliza is the best position from quick glance but i think Robo/val/Eliza would be better with these assist.
H bypass/H beam/ Horus dive or butcher's blade

Starting with val/robo/eliza
Val is strongest with assist built to bring people to the corner and monopolize movements.
Robo can Dhc at any point in time but thats to kill. her main goal in this team is to build meter for eliza.
Both build meter especially robo. Eliza's main job as anchor is just for clean which she does really well.

Now onto Robo/val/Eliza.

Robo is a battery packed with H bypass allowing her to convert from L beam and M beam. if needed to get robo out you can just use lvl1 and DHC to scapels from fullscreen and depending on the opponent's options and tools you risk minimum. worst case scenario is that they have super to punish and DHC for a combo. at minimum they can't do much. and moderate risk is that you eat chip or w.e

From playing certain player i would recommend Robo/val/eliza

Yea, anchor as Robo can be a nightmare.
Robo should either be point or mid on that team.

If you end up going point Robo, I suggest H Bypass and H Spiral/ Butcher's Blade. The fact that you get a combo on hit from doing L/M Lasers makes them a LOT scarier. And Twerk has the right idea about DHCing into Scalpels, but I'd rather frame trap first from L Laser > Laser super.

Having her mid means that Val gets to enjoy H Laser assist to greatly help her approach. Horus would probably be the preferred assist here, but you can still use H Spiral, especially since Robo is mid now. Scalpels > Magnet also becomes a DHC option.

Take from this what you will

I'm still aiming for having a trio, but I'll stay on duo, until I know the game enough. A 3rd handicaps me, right now.
I like the Val/Robo synergy. I still wanna have a good 3rd and I don't know who. I'm not interested by BB or Double. Bella is fun but not really my style. I need to learn Eliza. Anchor Filia is "weird". The rest of the cast aren't great anchors, compared to Liza.
Thanks, @PME. Love your double-cat team.

Reactions: PME
Val/Robo is a ton of fun. In addition to what everyone else mentioned about beams, you can also use H Bypass assist to convert off Robo's ground throw at midscreen without having to spend any meter. I only recently just found out about that, wish I'd known this a long time ago. I would say the two of them can work in either order since they can both be devastating points using the other's assist. Just go with whoever gets better DHCs with your anchor.

You definitely want to play this as a trio though, because both these characters have a really hard time dealing with pressure without a good DP assist. Beat Extend is an obvious choice as the best DP ever, and Hornet Bomber also complements your zoning if you want to keep people out. But if you're not interested in those two, you could take a look at mpgame's Robo/Val/Beo team. H Chair Toss is pretty scary, you get them off you once and then they have to stay back and watch out for when it lands. Also not a bad zoning tool to cover blind spots above your beams.

You could also try Val/Robo/Para like me, though TBH IDK how well I'd recommend anchor Para here. She's a decent anchor but she's not as great as some others could be. A DP's a DP, but it's not bringing much else to the table. I just play her because I really like Para myself.

I'm interested by Horus Dive. Other characters doesn't fit my style. I don't enjoy playing BB, Para, PW, Beo...

Alright Wulf Pack! I'm howling at you for the assist on this one!
Looking to expand my dynamically deadly duo of tag team terrors into a trio.
As my man McPeanuts pointed out my Robo friend doesn't do so hot when it is down to the wire.
But, before I throw her out of the ring I thought I'd give here a fair chance.
In Beowulf, Bella, Robo what would YOU suggest for order and assists?