• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Why do you love Skullgirls so much?

Because boobies! That's why.

Jokes aside, i love fighting games and women. Because of that, i was looking for a fighting game with a strong "feminine essence" or more "female oriented", because a lot of fighting games are way too "manly" or way too much "male oriented", even if the playable characters are mostly women. And then, i found Skullgirls. Good Story, nice artistic design, cool tunes, a well designed gameplay and well balanced chars. I do suck at playing it, but i'll get better. Just give me some time! :D

Just imagine how hilarious the fillers would be!
Technically everything so far in the story mode is technically filler.

Technically everything so far in the story mode is technically filler.

Well I'm not speaking of technicalities here. I'm talking about the fillers that have absolutely nothing to do with the plot. Like One Piece fillers, totally random and totally funny.

This is a little embarrassing, but... I got into Skullgirls because I heard that the guy who made the "Real Soviet Damage" Tager tutorial video on the first edition BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Bonus DVD was working on a fighting game. Mike Z. likes to grapple, and I like to grapple, so maybe Cerebella will be good, I thought (and she is).

I stayed because Mike Z. got the pacing of the game spot-on with my preferences. I always thought SF was too slow for shenanigans and GG and Mahvel were too fast for thinking.

I got excited when I heard a FG was being made that was advertised as a 'fixed' MvC2 and was being made by Mike Z. Unfortunately I was too late to truly enjoy taking part in MvC2 but watching high level play of that game was magical. So of course I jumped on the chance to be a part of something that's BOUND to be at LEAST as magical as that.

I really love the art style, this is seriously the best looking 2D fighter I've ever seen.

I love how different this game is compared to other fighters. All the characters are interesting and unique and I actually want to know more about them. The story and lore are all pretty interesting. Plus the game is only getting bigger and better over time!

It's also a pretty easy fighter to pick up and get into and the community is pretty awesome.

Man I love every aspect of this game from its beautifully animated frames and design to the music along with everything else such as the fan art, cosplayers, and the community itself.

Because of the art style
tumblr_naawe7nhQL1snjbq6o1_500.jpg

Attachments

• Game cap (07).mp40036.jpg
    Game cap (07).mp40036.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 483
Reactions: Smarts and Muro
The artwork is originally what grabbed my attention, like people have said, one of the best looking 2D fighters out there. I think the soundtrack is right up there too

The creativity in this game is also amazing, every character is so unique yet very well balanced.

I've also found the community to be pretty awesome <3

Art/animation is top-notch. Some music is excellent (Medici Tower, Class Notes, Streets of NM, etc.)
It's the first fighting game made outside of Japan I've enjoyed.
The only fighting game of such quality made by a small company I can think of.
Balance; quality over quantity.
Thought put into the setting & story.
Ping system of showing numbers & green/yellow/red makes online experience better for me.
This forum which is active & has a good layout. Contests. Developers interact here.

I don't know what it is about Skullgirls really that caught my eye, but I can say that it's because of the people working on it and the community that has kept me at least coming back and following it. The fact that I have fun with the game is good too.

I HATE this game.

Reactions: Arcana
I hate one little thing about the development that I will keep hushed in fear of disproportionate but justified fake retaliation, but otherwise... Dark Deco Jazz fighting game? Had I heard only the music back when it was on IndieGoGo, I'd have backed a bit too much for my wallet.

I like skullgirls cause it just feel real to me. Like when I see capcom I'm like cool but it's not real to me, capcom is just a thing that makes things to me, like I know people are there working and making a living but it's like "whatever". But Skullgirls is different I remember being on deviantart and bumping into Alex's artwork before it was skullgirls and watching it grow. I remember when when the games first trailer. I remember hearing Mike voice and like tiny table showing off test of the game and just trying make people understand the game. I remember when I would talk about the game to people realizing I was the only one who knew what I was talking about. I remember it being it winning awards and stuff. I also like the fact it can be hurt...ok well not "like" that's not the right word. But the point is skullgirls just feel real to me. I can feel the human inside the game.

Let me list why I heart Skullgirls:
  1. Awesome community capable of fan projects and other things. Also, fun matches occur.
  2. Awesome staff performing tasks despite all odds.
  3. Great fighitng mechanic and tutorials.
  4. Filia, Parasoul, and their her playstyles (Does not mean I will leave the others in the wind; they are fun to play too).
  5. Some people are willing to help others out given the chance.
  6. The lore. The lore!

Because there's only one goddamn thing that's bad about the game, and that's when the fanservice gets a little too overbearing.

Other than that it's got a fantastic artstyle, fantastic animation, fantastic story, fantastic characters, fantastic character design, fantastic character interaction, fantastic gameplay, fantastic mechanics, fantastic conveniences, fantastic tutorials, a fantastic dev team and a fantastic community (for the most part).

Reactions: Skullgirlsfanboy
Peacock, the Graphics, Republican Carrrr!!!!, the story/lore, and the community (after I realized I was ruining it, and stopped unintentionally spamming threads)

2D Catfights (again)

Artwork

And lastly, the graphics. I'm actually into this kind of comic/manga graphic games, like XIII or Borderlands

Because I can do combos online.