• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Xbone pad not being recognized in Skullgirls

Yallus

Reaction score
Steam
Yallus
Valentine
So I recently got this shiny new Xbone gamepad, after 4 months of not having any controller. I fired up Beta (And later retail) to see if it works, and it didn't. Before I reinstalled the driver a bunch of times, I tried Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, and the gamepad worked fine. After I messed around a bit, I tried KoF 13, and that worked aswell. Is this a Skullgirls problem or a gamepad problem? When I go into "Choose Controller", the game only shows Keyboard 1 and Keyboard 2 (On a laptop, using a USB keyboard). I tried unplugging the USB keyboard, hoping that would make it somehow default to the Xbone pad, but that obviously did nothing. What do.

If you have the Beta, first step is run it with "-log", go through the controller select screen and quit, and put the log up on pastebin so I can see what it thinks the controller is.
If you don't have the Beta, I can't offer much help. :^|

When I do that, where does the log get saved/placed? I have a good few longs with the same "last modified" date and time that correspond to me launching Beta. Thanks for the quick reply, by the way!

It goes in My Documents in Skullgirls Beta in Save Data, in there is the log file.

Huh. It's not getting ANYTHING, generic DirectX input device OR XInput controller.

I have no idea...are there docs for like, what type of controller this thing reports itself as?

In the Device Manager, it is listed under "Xbox Peripherals" as "Xbox One Controller"

Its Device Functions in Devices and Printers are "USB Input Device", "XINPUT compatible HID device" and "Xbox Peripherals"

If I need to find a specific other thing on my computer, let me know and I'll dig it up.

"XINPUT compatible HID device"
This is the important bit, but the log didn't have any XInput devices being discovered. Do you have XInput installed? (I assume it would ship with Win10 but who knows.)

So it just... worked on the only computer I couldn't test on before. I have no idea why, and I'm too excited right now to investigate. I'll provide info if and once I find it, in case anyone else finds it helpful.