• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

xbox 360 maintenance

WaterMystic277

Anime Fucker
Reaction score
Squigly Cerebella
Okay here's the deal, I think my Xbox controller, my main form of input is fucked up, I think my x and a buttons are gunked up, I need to take it apart to clean it, any tips so I don't get a defective controller?

(Thing's secondhand and I don't wanna ditch it, it holds fond memories.)

Fuck it, the thing's harder to open then a chasity belt, anyone got ny button cleaning tips?

a small flathead will work on the torx screws to open it up if the buttons are not working the rubber piece that actually pushes down on the pcb may be torn if so you will need to buy a new one or find a replacement rubber piece they are used any pretty much everything if you dont mind salvaging a calculator or old tv remote or old controller

Shortly before moving to a fightstick I took apart my 360 controller to see if it was worth modding. One thing I would suggest is to take the two halves of the controller apart with the buttons facing down - once you take the faceplate off there is nothing holding the buttons to the PCB, so they could go everywhere.

Also, you can get a torx screwdriver for like $1 on ebay if you don't mind waiting a few days for it to arrive.