• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
HYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

Here's a thought: Since Beowulf deals with mystical creatures, what if he mentions a castle with a naked snake in it needing to be slayed?

Here's a thought: Since Beowulf deals with mystical creatures, what if he mentions a castle with a naked snake in it needing to be slayed?
I don't get it, what are you referring to? Is it Medusa?
“If we wait until we're ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives.” I like that quote, who said that?

I don't get it, what are you referring to? Is it Medusa?
“If we wait until we're ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives.” I like that quote, who said that?
Lemony Snicket in one of the Series of Unfortunate Events.

And it's mostly referring to Castlevania and Metal Gear solid. Terrible joke really. Er, what I said, not the quote.

Reactions: Denizen
team_dai_gurren_logo_by_mariusmalek-d4p5rca.png

I just finished watching Gurren Lagann.
It is hands down the greatest anime that I have ever seen.
I would even say that it is the greatest entertainment that I have ever experienced.
I don't think I've ever read a book, watched a show, or played a video game that touched me as deeply as TTGL. Through all 27 episodes I experienced the full range of human emotion in full, I laughed, I cried, I was inspired. Never before have I been more motivated to pursue my dreams, no matter how grand and far-fetched they are.
I am now more determined than ever to join the military, to protect the people I love!

I am so happy knowing that Beowulf would be like Kamina...

Reactions: WayForger

I would even say that it is the greatest entertainment that I have ever experienced.
I don't think I've ever read a book, watched a show, or played a video game that touched me as deeply as TTGL. Through all 27 episodes I experienced the full range of human emotion in full, I laughed, I cried, I was inspired. Never before have I been more motivated to pursue my dreams, no matter how grand and far-fetched they are.
I am now more determined than ever to join the military, to protect the people I love!

I am so happy knowing that Beowulf would be like Kamina...
Nice way to advertise it

as much as a large part of the ending bothers me, Gurren is still a pretty good anime.

Currently Squigly-ing on PS3.

Anyone else in the Wulf Pack who's got ConsolEncore?

Wait, Zen... You want Beowulf to be like Kamina?

Dead by the 8th episode?

Wait, Zen... You want Beowulf to be like Kamina?
Dead by the 8th episode?
...We won't know what happens to Beowulf until Alex Ahad is able to finish the canon story, but I've come to terms with the possibility that Beowulf could die...

However I know one thing for sure, if he does die Beowulf will go out in a blaze of glory that will be remembered throughout all time! Beowulf will die smiling and it will be one of Skullgirl's greatest moments, a moment that will spur on his allies in the fight for freedom!
He'll live on in the hearts of the next generation!

"A true man never dies, even when he's killed!" ~Kamina

Last edited:
Something interesting I saw during Fortune's idle animation: she sometimes spins her back hand 360 degrees.

To those of you on the Eastern Seaboard of America:

Reactions: DDB
I would like to build a snowman. Too bad I'm on the southern Georgia coast. Lots of rain, but no snow.

South Carolina seeing the most snow it's seen in almost a decade.

I would like to build a snowman. Too bad I'm on the southern Georgia coast. Lots of rain, but no snow.
That bites. That's me normally, but holy shite snow

SNOW

SNOW OH MY GOD SNOW SNOW SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
I think us Hoosiers got hit with a record amount of snow as well last month, but I'm not sure.

Last time it snowed more than this (Last time it snowed before 2010 was 97. And that was maybe one inch.) was the Blizzard Northwest Georgia had in 1993.

I can't live an a place where it doesn't snow, I love it too much.

There's only one problem I've got with snow.

The millions and millions of layers of clothes.

I can't live an a place where it doesn't snow, I love it too much.
Don't move here.

There's only one problem I've got with snow.

The millions and millions of layers of clothes.

Funny, I only had one jacket on.

hopefully we wont have a multistatewide power outage like last time we got this much ice.

Reactions: DDB
Yeah, I remember the power was out for like 3-4 days straight.

Before my family moved to Georgia, we lived in Minnesota. I have fond memories of walking through piles of snow that were bigger than me in the morning to feed the horses and chickens before the school bus came. My favorite part about the cold was when it went from being 20-below-0 up to around 20-30 and everyone would be out in t-shirts. Good times.

I definitely miss snow, but I don't miss driving through it.

A new permanent Skullgirls T-shirt has appeared on Eighty-Sixed to commemorate the launch of ConsolEncore. Z-Cats errywhere!

skullcat__68556.1392255313.480.640.jpg

Reactions: Shockdingo
Hey, at least it's warm enough to snow

Now was it sub or dub? The sub for TTGL is infinitely times better than the dub.

Now was it sub or dub? The sub for TTGL is infinitely times better than the dub.
It was dub, and I prefer a decent dub over any sub, no matter how good it is.
If I have the option then I prefer to hear things in my own language instead of reading it.

It was dub, and I prefer a decent dub over any sub, no matter how good it is.
If I have the option then I prefer to hear things in my own language instead of reading it.

The Gurren Lagann dub was barely decent. But I will not argue over this, I watched it first in japanese with subs (I don't care whether it is sub or dub it just comes down to what I see first) and I'll stick to my guns in my opinion on my favorite anime. But, at least you enjoyed it. Thats what counts.

The Gurren Lagann dub was barely decent.

But, at least you enjoyed it. Thats what counts.
Were there multiple dubs? I'm just asking because I think what I watched had a great dub and I find it hard to believe that we could both have such a different opinion on the matter.

I more than enjoyed it man, I loved it.

now let's not argue about dubs vs subs.
I would never argue with my best buddy Forge, at least not over such a trivial matter.

There was only this dub:
Vs this sub (Too gawdlike):

The argument of subs vs. dubs is just a battle of subjective viewing. Everyone likes different things, even different versions of the same thing. But, those differences can not and will not break team Dai-Gurren.

The argument of subs vs. dubs is just a battle of subjective viewing. Everyone likes different things, even different versions of the same thing. But, those differences can not and will not break team Dai-Gurren.
Although I still like the dub more, I'll always agree with you on that last point. We're all still watching the same show, we're still fans of the same story and the same characters. There should be no animosity between us or any other fans just because of minor differences in taste, that's the way team Dai-Gurren rolls.

C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

I just got me a fightstick :D

Reactions: WayForger
I figured I'd share this since the Wulf pack is a place of fun and sharing. Selfless promotion time, but I recently released my newest voice acting demo and wanted to know what you guys think (and maybe Alex Ahad, if he's listening. A guy can dream can't he? Heh.)

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/565024

Selfless promotion time
Woah man you have some serious range, and it all sounds really good!
You would kill it as a cartoon voice actor, I know I would hire you!

Reactions: Shockdingo
I have headcanon that Aeon created the chair, seeing if people could realize its true potential beyond its simple looks. Beowulf had humble beginnings in wrestling and found the chair in a downtrodden place. He vowed to use something simple (just like who he was) and achieve the highest status.

Status
Not open for further replies.