• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report 2/13 Salty - Robo-Fortune Enters the Endless Beta, Beowulf's VA, and the Crowd Goes Wild!

Flotilla

Reaction score
Big Band Big Band Big Band
beo_fortune_banner.jpg

Are you a fan of robots? Wrestlers? Screaming very loudly? This week's Salty! has you covered, with some very big news on all fronts!

First and most importantly: Robo-Fortune is ready for her debut in the PC Endless Beta! After months of behind-the-scenes cleanup work, weeks of animation, and many restless nights of programming, Robo-Fortune is now sufficiently developed for the public eye! Already armed with a full set of normal attacks and a few early special moves, you would do well not to sleep on this laser-packing purredator.

Robo-Fortune is slated to hit the Skullgirls Endless Beta in its next update.

After months of suspense, Beowulf's voice actor has finally been revealed, appearing live at Salty! to grace the world with his presence. Beowulf's VA is none other than Kai Kennedy... who you may know better as Skullheart's resident @Night Phyre! Fans of Skullgirls may know Kai by his 2013 Beowulf voice concept reel, or as the former host of Saturday Night Salt, or even from his stint as one of Skullheart's news editors. After smashing his audition out of the park and cementing his position as the voice of Beowulf, you can look forward to hearing his grizzled pipes in the Endless Beta very soon.

What's a wrestler without fans to hype him up? Not much, which is why Lab Zero Games' audio engineer Vincent Diamante took to this week's Salty! to record fan cheers and chants to be used ingame! Armed with only a set of studio microphones and a large group of overeager UGCers, Vince ensured that the fevered screams and ecstatic howls of Salty!'s regulars will be forever immortalized in Skullgirls. Big thanks go out to everyone who went out of their way to show up this week!

Check out this week's Twitch archive here.

With work on Beowulf and Robo-Fortune speeding along, make sure you don't miss a beat: Catch Salty! live so that you can watch the updates unfold alongside the community! Watch Salty! here every Friday @ 8PM PST.

Last edited:
I can't believe I shook hands with a REAL voice actor in real life. Good shit, Night Phyre

Wow, that was unexpected. But in a pleasant way, he sounds really good. The right amount of gravel and badassery. Nice goin' Family Man.

Reactions: Kai and Flotilla
It was so cool to see most of Lab Zero there too.

Congrats to Night Phyre! You're a perfect fit! A great blend of confident grandstanding with a throaty aggressive quality befitting of a wolf-pelt-clad wrestler.

I said this before but congrats Night Phyre! As soon as I know you voice him I was screaming like nuts, expressing my excitement on the Internet and the physical world.

Reactions: Kai and jam1220
Yes!!! saw the vid waaaaaay b4 beo was started

Reactions: Kai
Many congrats to night phyre!
This is awesome.

This is like the third time and fourth medium I've congratulated you on @Night Phyre but....here's another one. CONGRATULATIONS. I am so happy for you and can't wait to hear your voice in game.

@Dhoppler and I were both squeeing when we heard the news, not gonna lie.

No I wasn't. I was cursing your name in jealousy. I wanna voice act.

You mean to tell me this guy? LOL the dude who let me commentate on his stream way back and commissioned me? (by the way got a lot of follows from that piece you ordered so good looks homie) is Beowulf? I'll be damn. Not bad my man, good shit. That is cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a--a-azyyy.

tumblr_mood6rAEMS1r9zy3co1_500.gif

I remember back when I started looking into the skullgirls community, I found Kai's weekday streams, featuring an excellent voice for commentary and an excellent music selection in the background. That, with Saturday Night Salt made me really want to get into this game. It's wonderful to see such a passionate person get the role for one my favorite characters in skullgirls, especially since listening to that AMAZING voice reel. Congrats, Night Phyre, you're an insipiration to the community, and now I want to get involved even more.

Kai Kennedy? That legitimately sounds like a superhero name. Like Clarke Kent. Anyone else agrees? No? K.
Never thought about it before... but yeah, it kinda does. It's probably because of both names starting with the same sound; a lot of comic book characters and teams do that.

Yay Beowulf!
The Jax palette is pretty great, I love the color scheme. Jax has been ripping of arms for years, it's about time he fought with one. Speaking of which, I wonder what color the gigan arm on that one is and if it will be able to serve as a severed Goro or Motaro arm.

Yay Robo-Fortune!
Beams, mentioning that the j.HK helicopter can be used as runaway, s.HK sending the opponent fullscreen and the three floating heads just waiting to be used for something sure is fuelling my "RB as a second dedicated SG keepaway zoner" dream.

Yay @Night Phyre!
Your voice was made to be Beowulf. Congrats, can't wait to hear you in-game. "Saturday Night Salt, hosted by Beowulf" has a nice ring to it, too.

Never thought about it before... but yeah, it kinda does. It's probably because of both names starting with the same sound; a lot of comic book characters and teams do that.

I thought of too, but I think because it sounds really regal? lol Like, Bruce Wayne, Diana Prince, Dinah Lance, etc

Know this was a Beowulf/R.Fortune centric night, but... damn, is Mike hardcore making sure I won't to be able to kill anything in one hit with Solobella anymore? That Kanchou nerf is gonna hurt (or... not hurt).

Reactions: Kai and The Dave
Know this was a Beowulf/R.Fortune centric night, but... damn, is Mike hardcore making sure I won't to be able to kill anything in one hit with Solobella anymore? That Kanchou nerf is gonna hurt (or... not hurt).
You know it brother!

It was damn time we get some Cerebella nerfs
Some of the character changes have been in beta for a long time(I'm mostly thinkin about Double's buffs),are we gonna get hem in Encore when Beowulf comes out as DLC or somethin?

Reactions: Arcana and Denizen
I think it's awesome to hear one of the Skullheart members as Beowolf. Congratulations! I look forward to hearing his voice in the game.

You know it brother!
I'm curious though, is this something you set out to do more recently, or has this been on the backburner for a while? Cause Solobella has been capable of TODing v2 and v3 for a good while now.

Congrats to Mr. Kennedy. So he'll be doing one of those Voices of Gaming vids of Beo's story mode, right?

Robo's new head mechanic looks like it could be very interesting when it's full implemented.

Wait..... no more scaling on j.hk..... Dear god O.O